General Election 2010

Christmas Tree

Toontastic pre-GE Poll  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest alex
For the record I'm still unsure about all this and think it may be best to let the tories go for a minority government but on the plus side it is hilarious watching the Cons and their supporters exploding in indignation. I hear that Adam Boulton has lost it on Sky TV, the fat twat.

Aye, it's mint. :(

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record I'm still unsure about all this and think it may be best to let the tories go for a minority government but on the plus side it is hilarious watching the Cons and their supporters exploding in indignation. I hear that Adam Boulton has lost it on Sky TV, the fat twat.

it was brilliant. I would have put money onthat he was about to spark out alistair Campbell.

I love this country and you and mandelson, unelected, are trying to stitch it up!!!!! (words to that effect)

I'll tell you what, mind, when you look at the bookies' lists for next Conservative leader you start to see the extent of their problems. If Cameron does go, what on earth next for them?

William Hague

:( Is that a serious reply?

I'll tell you what, mind, when you look at the bookies' lists for next Conservative leader you start to see the extent of their problems. If Cameron does go, what on earth next for them?

William Hague

:( Is that a serious reply?

I listen to what politians say rather than reading a red top summary... :(

The point is though that this situation is rare in first ptp. With PR it will happen every time and manifestos will be ripped up re-written post election in smoke filled rooms by minority parties.

The Lib Dems, at least, would be well advised to break down any future manifesto pledges into "this is what we want to do generally" and "these are the key points we'll insist on in the event of any coalition". At least that way you've got a positive keynote message to drum home on the campaign trail. It's harder for the big parties to sell "these are the things we'd drop"...

Theres two alternative overall views on PR imo (other than the fairness debate) - you can be positive and say co-operative consensus is good and will limit "extremist" policies or you could be negative and say anyone with a bold vision would be watered down.

Looks like Clegg won't do exactly what 'Prime Minister Cameron' tells him :(

think this will backfire for the Libs at the next election. Cleggs starting look as though he's power crazed.

If I was Cameron I would come out tonight and pull out of talks, taking the high ground.

Let libs and lab deliver the savage cuts and then clean up next time.

think this will backfire for the Libs at the next election. Cleggs starting look as though he's power crazed.

If I was Cameron I would come out tonight and pull out of talks, taking the high ground.

Like they did this time? :(

Guest alex

Yada, yada, yada :(

Lib-Lab coalition will be one hell of a lot more palatable for liberal-minded voters than a Lib-Con coalition though, especially with Brown stepping down. The tories won't ever 'clear up' because as I have said they are past it, people want progressive parties. Get PR in and they will never command government again.

Lib-Lab coalition will be one hell of a lot more palatable for liberal-minded voters than a Lib-Con coalition though, especially with Brown stepping down. The tories won't ever 'clear up' because as I have said they are past it, people want progressive parties. Get PR in and they will never command government again.

Maybe they are your prefered parties, but a Lib-Lab minority government would be held to randsome for there last few seats.

I can't see Lib-dem going for it as they'd lose any leverage they have.

Maybe they are your prefered parties, but a Lib-Lab minority government would be held to randsome for there last few seats.

I can't see Lib-dem going for it as they'd lose any leverage they have.

Well, I watched a bit of the reaction after Brown's speech and I got the impression it will happen, we'll see. Electoral reform is one fuck off carrot they are chomping at and the main barrier - Brown - is gone.

LIb party members will never vote for a Lib/Con pact, so I'm not worried in the slightest about that. They will end up with Labour.

Tories have made a "final offer" of a referendum on AV apparently. Desperation from cocknocker Cameron, as he tries to come to terms with the prospect that he's perhaps not about to move house after all - GORDZUMPED!

Tories have made a "final offer" of a referendum on AV apparently. Desperation from cocknocker Cameron, as he tries to come to terms with the prospect that he's perhaps not about to move house after all - GORDZUMPED!

:(

Love it.

Came from George Osbourne, didn't it??

Absolutely desperate and given the short time since Brown announced that Labour were entering formal discussions with the Lib Dems, it makes the Tories look as weak as piss IMO.

Whoever advised them (no-one I'm guessing) on blurting that one out needs their head examined. They're panicking like fuck!!! :(

Conservatives bounced into agreeing to PR -labour rebuilding as the Tories oversee economic meltdown. The right routed for good from the next election

I sense the machavellian genius of Mandy pulling everybodies strings here

:(

It would be so good to see that smug little twat getting the smirk wiped of his face if Clegg said fuck off and joined with Labour! Not sure it will happen, but with Brown gone it has a shot and i think Labour can and will offer some senior posts to liberals, give them something on PR and they will find it alot easier to agree on the economy short term than the tories. Whether it works or not if it happens is another question as it will likely have to involve SNP etc.

I did read somewhere though that because of the 5 Sinn Fein MP's never turning up, the speaker and 3 deputies not voting ( think that's what it said) the actual working majority isn't quite as high as people think if you want to just make it about workable.

Absolutely desperate and given the short time since Brown announced that Labour were entering formal discussions with the Lib Dems, it makes the Tories look as weak as piss IMO.

Whoever advised them (no-one I'm guessing) on blurting that one out needs their head examined. They're panicking like fuck!!! :(

and they want to run the country?

trouble is, lab/lib is still pretty much untenable due to the amount of seats they'll have i.e. not enough for an overall majority....they wont get a bill for voting reform through, and that will bring them down when they try to.

its a fuckin mess and won't do us any good in the long run

Yeah, that's the sound of Cameron's arse going, and who could want somebody that spineless and desperate in charge of anything, let alone the country. I mean i might disagree with pretty much everything he stands for but at least if he'd stuck to his guns on PR i could say he's a man of his own principals, but he's not even that!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

The whole thing is a disgrace. They should agree a budget and then jump off a cliff.

The FPTP system has been shown up for the antiquated pile of shit it is, a system under which real change will never happen because it’s all about vested interest. What’s best for the country hardly comes into it.

All they have to do is cut public sector wages by ten perecert across the board, increase the higher rate tax bands a bit and tighten up on tax avoidance by the business community. Spread the pain around instead of indulging in this never ending them and us shite. Why we have to go through all this crap is beyond me.

Edited by Problem Child

Yeah, that's the sound of Cameron's arse going, and who could want somebody that spineless and desperate in charge of anything, let alone the country. I mean i might disagree with pretty much everything he stands for but at least if he'd stuck to his guns on PR i could say he's a man of his own principals, but he's not even that!

They lasted what, an hour? before completely caving in. Not only that they blurted in out on tv, what happened to "constructive discussions" behind closed doors. Bloody hopeless. Gutless clueless arseholes