General Election 2010

Christmas Tree

Toontastic pre-GE Poll  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36% of the country think like CT though alex.

To be accurate it’s 36% of the half the electorate, which is about 18% of the country. It's hardly the ringing endorsement Cameron is making it out to be.

After 15 years of any government and an election in the midst of a global financial meltdown the opposition would normally stroll to a majority. This result really is a bit of an embarrassment for the Conservatives.

From what I can see, the share of the vote is this:

Con 39.1%

Lab 30.3%

LD 22.5%

Others 8%

Going by your figures of half (wasn't the turnout much higher than that?) Then we can deduce that around 20% of the country backed Cameron, 15% backed Brown and 11% backed Clegg.

Ringing endorsment or not, it's clear the country as a whole preferred the idea of Cameron to Brown. :(

Don't know where you have got those figures but the Beeb says CON 36.1%, LAB 29.0%, and LIB 23.0%. So not much more than 1 in 3 people who voted went for the Conservatives. I'd say that of the one third of people who did not vote for Conservatives or Labour, most of them would prefer to continue with Brown than have Cameron - especially those who voted Lib Dems (please feel free to disagree -I'd be interested).So I don't see how Cameron thinks he has any sort of mandate, he's basically taking the piss. Trouble is, Brown clearly has no mandate either. We need a re-election but who has the stomach for that, and what if the same thing happens again?

That's a stretch of imense proportions. I'd rather have Griffin than the saggy faced bongeyed cunt

then you're a bigger cunt than he is

It was an illustrative (but exagerated) point, dickhead

Who did you vote for?

Tynemouth tory-boy

Right, not liberal then. Commiserations btw. :)

Point is, most Liberal voters are left-slanting, not right. In fact probably left of Labour nowadays. So put yourself in their shoes, who would they prefer in power if they had to choose between Brown and Cameron?

Meenzer can probably give a definite answer to that.

Well the one's I know despise Brown as much as Cameron, to say 50% of them would rather have one than the other, is as I said, a stretch IMO.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It truly boggles the mind that anyone old enough to remember the devastation Maggie wrought in the North East could ever be pleased at the prospect of the Tories returning to power.

36% of the country think like CT though alex.

To be accurate it’s 36% of the half the electorate, which is about 18% of the country. It's hardly the ringing endorsement Cameron is making it out to be.

After 15 years of any government and an election in the midst of a global financial meltdown the opposition would normally stroll to a majority. This result really is a bit of an embarrassment for the Conservatives.

From what I can see, the share of the vote is this:

Con 39.1%

Lab 30.3%

LD 22.5%

Others 8%

Going by your figures of half (wasn't the turnout much higher than that?) Then we can deduce that around 20% of the country backed Cameron, 15% backed Brown and 11% backed Clegg.

Ringing endorsment or not, it's clear the country as a whole preferred the idea of Cameron to Brown. :)

Don't know where you have got those figures but the Beeb says CON 36.1%, LAB 29.0%, and LIB 23.0%. So not much more than 1 in 3 people who voted went for the Conservatives. I'd say that of the one third of people who did not vote for Conservatives or Labour, most of them would prefer to continue with Brown than have Cameron - especially those who voted Lib Dems (please feel free to disagree -I'd be interested).So I don't see how Cameron thinks he has any sort of mandate, he's basically taking the piss. Trouble is, Brown clearly has no mandate either. We need a re-election but who has the stomach for that, and what if the same thing happens again?

That's a stretch of imense proportions. I'd rather have Griffin than the saggy faced bongeyed cunt

then you're a bigger cunt than he is

It was an illustrative (but exagerated) point, dickhead

youre the cunt who'd rather have the BNP in power than labour

dickhead

No, re-read my follow up post for fuck's sake. The question was not about Labour or BNP it was about the bongeye

comes down to the same thing, wouldnt make sense to say "Id rather cameron than brown but rather labour over the conservatives"

The lib dems have no real say and they know it.

If they prop up a discredited brown / labour government they will be hated by the electorate.

They will do exactly as Prime Minister Cameron tells them.

Well the one's I know despise Brown as much as Cameron, to say 50% of them would rather have one than the other, is as I said, a stretch IMO.

It is a stretch which is why I'd like some empirical data on it rather than anecdotes. The data will be available somewhere - I was surveyed by Mori last week and they were very detailed in their questioning. My experience though is that most would much prefer Labour (admittedly with a different leader). Also, from my experience, Labour and Liberal are much more likely to collaborate on local issues etc. The Conservatives are in a different ballpark idealogically speaking after all.

Incidentally, why is it that several of the tories on here are, erm, shall we say borderline sociopaths? :)

The lib dems have no real say and they know it.

If they prop up a discredited brown / labour government they will be hated by the electorate.

They will do exactly as Prime Minister Cameron tells them.

his own party dont do that :)

It truly boggles the mind that anyone old enough to remember the devastation Maggie wrought in the North East could ever be pleased at the prospect of the Tories returning to power.

As usual, the Tories have to put the country right after once again being left by Labour broke, spent up and over shadowed by strikes.

It's just what happens.

As usual, the Tories have to put the country right after once again being left by Labour broke, spent up and over shadowed by strikes.

It's just what happens.

It is my sincere wish that anyone who fits the above finds themselves unemployed, in need of housing and hospitalised.

Then they'll see how much Ordinary Bloke Dave cares and has "fixed" the country.

That's assuming the snakes in his party haven't booted him out in 6 months.

Guest alex
I'm a bit sick of all this now like. Boring, innit?

Probably only another 6 months to go like.

Labour find someone with a bit of charisma to replace Brown and the Tories won't do any better then either. If I was the Lib Dems, I wouldn't touch them with Magma's.

Guest alex
I'm a bit sick of all this now like. Boring, innit?

That's how we're in this fucking mess

:(:)

Oh aye, blame me!

Could do with a Maggie back now tbh

:)

Just what the country needs- a senile , piss riddled old witch.

The only bright spot in the, hopefully,near future is her Death Party.

The last thing the country needs is a return to ideology. We need pragmatic policies that grow the economy, invest in restructuring national production away from finance, ensuring that there is a geographically fair distribution of that growth.

Yes we need to stimulate small business, the low value of the pound should be seen as an opportunity to encourage export led growth from traditional manufacturing cities, whilst investing in biotech and science driven innovation. We are still world leaders in higher education with two of the top ten universities in the world. There is opportunity in our economy as our labour laws are more flexible than our big EU neighbours. The country needs smart management, not ideology.

Guest alex
The last thing the country needs is a return to ideology. We need pragmatic policies that grow the economy, invest in restructuring national production away from finance, ensuring that there is a geographically fair distribution of that growth.

Yes we need to stimulate small business, the low value of the pound should be seen as an opportunity to encourage export led growth from traditional manufacturing cities, whilst investing in biotech and science driven innovation. We are still world leaders in higher education with two of the top ten universities in the world. There is opportunity in our economy as our labour laws are more flexible than our big EU neighbours. The country needs smart management, not ideology.

You're not daft like, are you?

You're not daft like, are you?

Guest alex

Cameron looks like he's pooping his pants now. He's probably trying to work how the fuck he can keep his backbenchers and the LibDems anything like happy I suppose. I nearly feel sorry for him.

Cameron looks like he's pooping his pants now. He's probably trying to work how the fuck he can keep his backbenchers and the LibDems anything like happy I suppose. I nearly feel sorry for him.

Maybe someone told him how long the last two hung parliaments lasted.

He has my deepest sympathy.

Guest alex

Maybe someone told him how long the last two hung parliaments lasted.

He has my deepest sympathy.

I'm not just saying that because I don't like the Tories. Just seeing him on the news there again and he had a genuine look of fear / dread in his eyes. Diddums :)