General Election 2010

Christmas Tree

Toontastic pre-GE Poll  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I don't have to decide where to cast my vote. God what a shower. I wouldn't trust Clegg or Cameron to mind my pint while I went to the bog, let alone run the country. What a pair of oily turds they are.

Tonights political thoughts.

Apparently only 100 seats matter tomorrow and out of the 10's of millions who will vote, as little as 20,000 people will decide the outcome.

Dont like the idea that Nick Clegg could end up choosing the next prime minister (regardless of whether its Brown or Cameron). It shouldnt be decided by one vote.

Most important of all, the talk in the last few days has all been about the pain that is going to follow. Commentators reckon that all three parties have so far only owned up to about 20% of the cuts that are needed to start to tackle the defecit problem. Once the election is over the true savage cuts will need to be revealed.

Not only will this make Thursdays winners pariahs and unelectable for a generation, it could also lead to mass public unrest, the like of which we have not seen before, even during the poll tax riots.

My ex works for Electoral Services. They've been told today to ensure that no leave is booked for the whole of October.

HF done Green innit. :(

Nope

Lib Dem.

I'd love a third option to be realistic in the next election.

Two party systems are virtually dictatorships :(

Lib Dems being used to split the Labour vote?? Just a thought. :(

Our Lass was at the bingo tonight and Vera Duckworth was Guest caller backed up By David Milliband.

Anyway, little old grannny wins the £100 full house and gets to go on the stage to receive here wad from the two celebs. David Milliband grabs the Mike and says "shouldnt she get £500 instead".......

To which one wifey shouts back.."No doubt you'll just claim it on yer expenses"..... :(

Nope

Lib Dem.

It won't work in South Shields mate....

2005 RESULT

Labour 60.8%

Liberal Democrat 19.2%

Conservative 17.6%

Others 2.4%

Nope

Lib Dem.

2005 RESULT

Labour 60.8%

Liberal Democrat 19.2%

Conservative 17.6%

Others 2.4%

It might in the marginals. Old trick, if you were wondering why the Lib dems have had a perceived easy ride from monster media.

Save These Girls From The Dole Queue :(

vote4dave.png

SIXTEEN Page 3 Girls in all their glory represent the very image of freedom in this country.

But if Labour or the Lib Dems win the election, this could be the last time they are allowed to pose together.

MPs Harriet Harman and Lynne Featherstone will move swiftly to change the law and ban Page 3 forever.

Our national treasures - who even enjoy the Royal seal of approval from our future King Prince Charles - will be no more.

And at a stroke the very liberties that put the Great into Great Britain will be torn asunder.

The radical ideas of the 17th-century philosopher John Locke helped shape our freedoms enshrined in the Bill of Rights and, later, America's Constitution.

Lib Dem frontbencher Featherstone was cheered by women's rights activists when she declared she would "love to take on Page 3".

But our Poppy said: "The basis of Lockean thought is his theory of the Contract of Government, under which all political power is a trust for the benefit of the people.

"His thinking underpins our ideas of national identity and society. Please don't let those who seek to ban our beauty win. Vote to save Page 3!"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...dole-queue.html

NSFW

Apparently only 100 seats matter tomorrow and out of the 10's of millions who will vote, as little as 20,000 people will decide the outcome.

Dont like the idea that Nick Clegg could end up choosing the next prime minister (regardless of whether its Brown or Cameron). It shouldnt be decided by one vote.

Most important of all, the talk in the last few days has all been about the pain that is going to follow. Commentators reckon that all three parties have so far only owned up to about 20% of the cuts that are needed to start to tackle the defecit problem. Once the election is over the true savage cuts will need to be revealed.

Not only will this make Thursdays winners pariahs and unelectable for a generation, it could also lead to mass public unrest, the like of which we have not seen before, even during the poll tax riots.

You have mentioned some of the problem of the voting system, and yet Call me Dave wants to keep it, as it provides a 'strong government', and will not talk of any reforms. All the polls have pointed towards a hung parliament, and yet Cameron wants to stick with the current system.

I agree that it is a very good election to lose, and if I was Clegg, I'd play the long game, and let the Tories lead a minority government and take the economic bullet. Then hammer it home after the Conservatives become as popular as Gary Glitter in a primary school. Labour will be too busy trying to fuck themselves or rebuilding for the next year or two at least.

You have mentioned some of the problem of the voting system, and yet Call me Dave wants to keep it, as it provides a 'strong government', and will not talk of any reforms. All the polls have pointed towards a hung parliament, and yet Cameron wants to stick with the current system.

I agree that it is a very good election to lose, and if I was Clegg, I'd play the long game, and let the Tories lead a minority government and take the economic bullet. Then hammer it home after the Conservatives become as popular as Gary Glitter in a primary school. Labour will be too busy trying to fuck themselves or rebuilding for the next year or two at least.

While it has its problems it still seems better than PR. Apparently (and Parky might know better) Germany has PR and each election is decided by the Liberal party and not the voters. (as such)

HF done Green innit. :icon_lol:

Nope

Lib Dem.

2005 RESULT

Labour 60.8%

Liberal Democrat 19.2%

Conservative 17.6%

Others 2.4%

It might in the marginals. Old trick, if you were wondering why the Lib dems have had a perceived easy ride from monster media.

I wouldn't vote Lib Dem if I lived in a marginal :(

I'd vote Labour if I was in Tynemouth.

Pathetic.

FFS Cheer up :( Its a bit of fun man :(

Hopefully it wont go as far as Cameron getting into to office because that's where the fun will end.

Pathetic.

FFS Cheer up :( Its a bit of fun man :(

Hopefully it wont go as far as Cameron getting into to office because that's where the fun will end.

nice turn of phrase tom, I like it

you should be in politics, sure you could get pretty high up in the tory party with lines like that :(

Hi chaps, a few salient points....

PLEASE VOTE! seems obvious but sometimes people need reminding

VOTE FOR WHICHEVER PARTY YOU LIKE. theres no such thing as a wasted vote if you vote for what you believe in

and lastly......... PEACE OUT! Whoever ends up winning has deserved it by popular mandate

see you at the polling station