Barton completes 45 Minutes

Christmas Tree

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's our best player by a mile, any talk of selling is daft.

He's done absolutely fuck all except take the piss since he got here.

Barton is proof that the law of averages will bite you in the end. Our oddious twat count is pretty high so sooner or later one or more of them are going to royally fuck you over:

Dyer

Woodgate

Bellamy

Bowyer

Barton

The previous regime clearly liked to take a 'gamble' on problem players.

You forgot Ferguson. :lol:

I never thought Ferguson was an odious twat.

Perhaps he wasn't but he had on and off the field baggage, spent time in the slammer.

Barton is proof that the law of averages will bite you in the end. Our oddious twat count is pretty high so sooner or later one or more of them are going to royally fuck you over:

Dyer

Woodgate

Bellamy

Bowyer

Barton

You forgot Ferguson. ;)

Perhaps he wasn't but he had on and off the field baggage, spent time in the slammer.

Hopefully Barton will try to burgle Big Dunc's house ;)

Dyer

Woodgate

Bellamy

Bowyer

Barton

You forgot Ferguson. ;)

As I recall, the problem with Ferguson was he was never fit rather than being an odious twat. Maybe the same with Woodgate, who was completeley daft as well?

Play Joey in the first match he's fit. If he does his job and is successful being a part of the team, great.

If he's not, Alan can choke him in the locker room at the half. ;)

Edited by Cid_MCDP

Dear Joseph,

Get fit

Fuck off.

How's that sound?

Phil, on what basis is he our best player?

Goals? assists? Passing?

This piss taker is , if rumours are true, siphoning approx. £60,000 a week from our club to go to jail, anger management classes, community service, and make the occaisonal interview expressing his contrition.

Once in a blue moon he pulls on our shirt and disgraces it.

How , exactly, is he our best player?

He has the best natural ability out of any attacking player in the club. His games for Man City are the evidence.

Maybe, but when has it been seen in a Black & White shirt?

I don't doubt he could be our most talented player, question is will he be? How many chances do you give?

Of course, the real question in this thread is not which players can cut it in the PL, but can our manager?

Edited by Monkeys Fist

He has the best natural ability out of any attacking player in the club. His games for Man City are the evidence.

Maybe, but when has it been seen in a Black & White shirt?

I don't doubt he could be our most talented player, question is will he be? How many chances do you give?

He's played 6 games this season and 9 last season....!

So it would seem you've never given him a chance.

Form is temporary class is perminant.

My guess is you think Smith can't do a job in the Prem, yet he only played 6 games last season!

He's played 6 games this season and 9 last season....!

Call me narrow-minded but that in itself is a bit of an obstacle to being our best player. Although he's rarely performed for us even when he was fit in any case.

Edited by alex

From the journal

JOEY Barton took a step closer to returning to Newcastle United's first team last night insisting he is a better player than when he signed for the club three years ago.

The midfielder missed a penalty on his return for the reserves at Hartlepool but it was a solid 75-minute run-out for the man United paid £5.8million for in 2007.

Barton has declared himself available for Saturday's trip to Bristol City if selected - the first step on a comeback that he hopes will re-establish him as one of the country's premier midfielders.

A focused Barton is conscious that he must prove his claims on the pitch but he has lost none of his belief during a six-month spell on the sidelines with a broken foot.

And the former England international says his motivation for returning is to repay supporters who have surprised him by sticking with him during a largely turbulent three-year spell.

'Since I've been at Newcastle I've had three broken feet and a torn medial ligament in two and a bit years - plus a well-documented spell in the clink and numerous other problems,' he said. 'But I'm someone who will bounce back. If there's another penalty I'll put myself forward for it. That is what gets me going.

'Hopefully I can just get a sustained run. I'm confident in my own ability - it's not going to be easy for me but I believe in myself greatly. At one stage I was in the top echelon of midfielders in this country.

'There's certainly none of my ability lost - I actually feel I'm a better player now. But I've got to stay fit to prove it. It's all well and good talking about it but I've got to prove it and that starts, hopefully if I'm selected, on Saturday.'

Speaking after the 2-0 reserve defeat at Victoria Park, Barton was enthusiastic about his third return in Newcastle colours. Saying he has learned from the mistakes made during a tough three years, he knows it will tough to muscle his way into a midfield engine patrolled with efficiency by Kevin Nolan, Alan Smith and Danny Guthrie this season.

'Of course it's going to be tough getting into the team,' he said.

'But as you know, I'm a big believer in my own ability - when fit. What I want to do is get fit, get a sustained run in the team and show the Newcastle fans why the club have invested a lot of money in

me. I know it's said at times about how much they paid for me and it's rumoured about how much I am paid a week. But I just want to play football - I love football.

'The Newcastle fans I have met in the street have been fantastic with me and I just want to be a part of a team that can bring some smiles back to the Geordie nation.

'I came here because I believed it was possible. We've had a lot of downs and we're getting some ups now under the current regime and I just want to be part of it.

'If it means I play five minutes between now and the end of the season - if that's what the manager wants, that's what I'll do. I just want to help this football club get back to where I want to be.'

Hughton certainly believes Barton can be an asset to the club, and insisted yesterday that he has a part to play in United's long-term future.

'Do I see him playing for us next season? Yes,' he said. 'Joey is a player who is contracted to this club, I think he's got another couple of years left.

'I've no doubt that if Joey had been fit this season, he would certainly have played a bigger part than what he has done. I see nothing different to that in the future.'

For some reason, against what a lot say and believe about Barton, I think he's an asset to the club. When fit, his vision in the centre of the park is best bar none, and a guthrie/barton combination is a certainty. As for talk about it going to be hard for him to break into the team with smitty/nolan/gutrie/butt, for me guthrie is one of the first names on the team sheet, and barton will walk past nolan/smitty/butt. nolan is like a ghost in the centre, butt is passed his sell by date and smith is hit and miss.

Doing my best to not even consider Barton in my reckonings for the remainder of the season and beyond. That way anything we get out of him is a bonus. With his history relying on him for anything has proven foolhardy.

From the journal

JOEY Barton took a step closer to returning to Newcastle United's first team last night insisting he is a better player than when he signed for the club three years ago.

The midfielder missed a penalty on his return for the reserves at Hartlepool but it was a solid 75-minute run-out for the man United paid £5.8million for in 2007.

Barton has declared himself available for Saturday's trip to Bristol City if selected - the first step on a comeback that he hopes will re-establish him as one of the country's premier midfielders.

A focused Barton is conscious that he must prove his claims on the pitch but he has lost none of his belief during a six-month spell on the sidelines with a broken foot.

And the former England international says his motivation for returning is to repay supporters who have surprised him by sticking with him during a largely turbulent three-year spell.

'Since I've been at Newcastle I've had three broken feet and a torn medial ligament in two and a bit years - plus a well-documented spell in the clink and numerous other problems,' he said. 'But I'm someone who will bounce back. If there's another penalty I'll put myself forward for it. That is what gets me going.

'Hopefully I can just get a sustained run. I'm confident in my own ability - it's not going to be easy for me but I believe in myself greatly. At one stage I was in the top echelon of midfielders in this country.

'There's certainly none of my ability lost - I actually feel I'm a better player now. But I've got to stay fit to prove it. It's all well and good talking about it but I've got to prove it and that starts, hopefully if I'm selected, on Saturday.'

Speaking after the 2-0 reserve defeat at Victoria Park, Barton was enthusiastic about his third return in Newcastle colours. Saying he has learned from the mistakes made during a tough three years, he knows it will tough to muscle his way into a midfield engine patrolled with efficiency by Kevin Nolan, Alan Smith and Danny Guthrie this season.

'But as you know, I'm a big believer in my own ability - when fit. What I want to do is get fit, get a sustained run in the team and show the Newcastle fans why the club have invested a lot of money in

me. I know it's said at times about how much they paid for me and it's rumoured about how much I am paid a week. But I just want to play football - I love football.

'The Newcastle fans I have met in the street have been fantastic with me and I just want to be a part of a team that can bring some smiles back to the Geordie nation.

'I came here because I believed it was possible. We've had a lot of downs and we're getting some ups now under the current regime and I just want to be part of it.

'If it means I play five minutes between now and the end of the season - if that's what the manager wants, that's what I'll do. I just want to help this football club get back to where I want to be.'

Hughton certainly believes Barton can be an asset to the club, and insisted yesterday that he has a part to play in United's long-term future.

'Do I see him playing for us next season? Yes,' he said. 'Joey is a player who is contracted to this club, I think he's got another couple of years left.

'I've no doubt that if Joey had been fit this season, he would certainly have played a bigger part than what he has done. I see nothing different to that in the future.'

Oh, shut the fuck up ffs.

:yes

you've got to laugh at barton's comments too. so typical

well we've heard it all before i guess but i still believe he is the best central midfielder at the club. tbh, anything that puts a block on Butt getting into the team is a good thing for me.

From the journal

'The Newcastle fans I have met in the street have been fantastic with me and I just want to be a part of a team that can bring some smiles back to the Geordie nation.'I came here because I believed it was possible. We've had a lot of downs and we're getting some ups now under the current regime and I just want to be part of it.

:lol:

Give the lad ONE LAST CHANCE.

If he comes in a does a good job then let go of all the shit and support him, actually support him anyways, he's not mugged your gran or or done a shit on the bonnet of your car so let him get on with things. If he does fuck all from now till the end of the season then by all means write him off.

EDIT: I actually think a midfield of ---Gutierrez---Barton---Guthrie---Routledge would be a pretty fucking good one....Creativity from at least 3, pace in at least 2 and high workrate in 3 of them...plus a few few goals here and there...not bad really.

Edited by Geordie Lad...

Give the lad ONE LAST CHANCE.

why? hes had fucking tons of them

for 60 grand a week I'd have been more useful to this club than that little shit

how many ex cons do you reckon are working in the office jobs at SJP? only reason he continually gets away with it is cause hes a footballer and hes on a (stupid) contract thats too expensive to cancel