Hitzfeld & Le Guen off the market?

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Hitzfeld claims Man Utd interest

Former Bayern Munich coach Ottmar Hitzfeld has claimed Manchester United have offered him a position.

Hitzfeld, who won the Champions League with Munich and Borussia Dortmund, did not say whether his "offer from United" was to be the club's manager.

The 56-year-old has been out of football for 18 months and he told a German newspaper: "I want to get back and next summer would be a good time.

"My wife would go to Manchester with me and I'm ready for a new challenge."

Hitzfeld, who left Bayern in 2004, told Die Zeit that wife Beatrix's happiness at relocating to Manchester was key.

"That is important," he said. "In the past I have had offers, one from Milan, but I can't see myself coaching in Italy.

"I am 57 in January and I can't see myself retiring at that age. I am ready to work again.

"Being a coach is my occupation, I have spent my life on the football pitch."

Hitzfeld, who also said he was studying Italian, stressed the importance of learning to speak English.

"It's important to know the language well when you coach in a (foreign) country because some people won't take you seriously if you don't," he said.

The German led Bayern to four Bundesliga titles and two German Cups and recently turned down an offer to manage Hearts.

Also read somewhere this morning (although I can't find it now) that Paul Le Guen has agreed "in principal" to take over at Rangers when Mcleish is booted out.

Maybe this will cull the ridiculous comments that he's a contender to replace Souness. We're no more likely to appoint Hitzfeld than we are Mourinho tbh.

Maybe this will cull the ridiculous comments that he's a contender to replace Souness. We're no more likely to appoint Hitzfeld than we are Mourinho tbh.

58359[/snapback]

unfortunately and sadly probably true

58359[/snapback]

The thing is though Craig, while Hitzfeld may not have been interested in coming here when Robson went or now or in the future Shepherd didn't even seem to consider making a move for a manager of his calibre when he was avaialble.

Edited by alex

58359[/snapback]

The thing is though Craig, while Hitzfeld may not have been interested in coming here when Robson went or now or in the future Shepherd didn't even seem to consider making a move for a manager of his calibre when he was avaialble.

58407[/snapback]

All you need to be considered by Fat Fred is a Geordie accent. Hitzfeld doesn't.

58359[/snapback]

58407[/snapback]

Be fair though - did you seriously think he'd ever contemplate taking over at SJP?

I know the approach could have been made and wasn't, but that's only half the story.

58359[/snapback]

58407[/snapback]

Be fair though - did you seriously think he'd ever contemplate taking over at SJP?

I know the approach could have been made and wasn't, but that's only half the story.

58537[/snapback]

Maybe, he was out of work at the time etc. The bit in bold says it all though for me.

Edited by alex

58537[/snapback]

Maybe, he was out of work at the time etc. The bit in bold says it all though for me.

58540[/snapback]

You never know if that cute lass, standing all alone at the bar for the last half hour or so, is single and gagging for it. She may have caught your eye and smiled at you but until you walk up and talk to her how do you know she's not interested?

Sound familiar?

Mind you fat freddy is better with hookers isn't he?

Like Souness, you know what you're getting from the moment you open your wallet!

Edited by sammynb

58537[/snapback]

58540[/snapback]

You never know if that cute lass, standing all alone at the bar for the last half hour or so, is single and gagging for it. She may have caught your eye and smiled at you but until you walk up and talk to her how do you know she's not interested?

Sound familiar?

59239[/snapback]

I'm guessing she thinks you're too short tbh.

58537[/snapback]

58540[/snapback]

Sound familiar?

59239[/snapback]

I'm guessing she thinks you're too short tbh.

59331[/snapback]

And too old.