John McNamee

LeazesMag

It would set a precedent tbf.

Maybe it would but 50k to a guy who served us well wouldnt do much harm.

Seeing as alot of players are earning near that each week these days.

I don't think clubs should start paying money to old players per se as it would never end, though they could put on some sort of events for them perhaps where payign fans would provided them with some cash. But i do think current players on their obscene wages could maybe put even a tiny contribution toward helping out the old players who are struggling. I mean a load of them on thousands a week, could chuck in a grand and they wouldn't even notice.

I love a story about him when he first came to the club and was a bit of a cultured centre-half. I apologise in advance for any slight inaccuracies but anyway: Joe Harvey got hold of him one half-time after he'd been fannying about and cost us a goal (or nearly did) and pinned him against the wall and supposedly said "You're 6 foot and 13 stone and you're a puff". JM answered "I'm 6ft 2 and I'm 14 stone", to which Harvey replied: "Then you're a bigger puff than I thought you were".

I love a story about him when he first came to the club and was a bit of a cultured centre-half. I apologise in advance for any slight inaccuracies but anyway: Joe Harvey got hold of him one half-time after he'd been fannying about and cost us a goal (or nearly did) and pinned him against the wall and supposedly said "You're 6 foot and 13 stone and you're a puff". JM answered "I'm 6ft 2 and I'm 14 stone", to which Harvey replied: "Then you're a bigger puff than I thought you were".

:lol:

ahhhhh - when he scored against the Rabble.......................

I can remember the crowd chanting at one game "unchain the Beast" to have him brought on as a sub...............

He was in the Labour Club after the match like.

signed hundreds of photos etc too

Aye he did like, including a lad in the full yellow away kit, shorts socks, the lot. Which looked a bit odd given the setting. :lol: