Llambias - Fans that criticise are "not reasonable"

Happy Face

Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias believes owner Mike Ashley has proved his commitment to supporters this season.

Ashley has received criticism in the past from a section of Newcastle fans, unhappy at his handling of the club.

The Magpies were relegated from the Premier League at the end of last season and there was uncertainty about matters off the field, with no permanent manager in place and Ashley looking to sell.

However, Ashley took the club off the market last October when Chris Hughton was officially confirmed as boss.

Newcastle continue to set the pace at the top of the Championship and Llambias feels Ashley deserves to take much of the credit for his financial backing.

"You can't lose the income we have lost in relegation and still be where we are, so Mike has put in £25million in December," Llambias told Sky Sports News.

"He has put in another £5milllion this week, so he is committed.

"We bought £5.5million worth of players in January. We needed to freshen up the team and support our manager."

Passion

Llambias insists Ashley has now won over the majority of supporters, who realise where the club could be without him.

"It is a passion. They are great fans," he stated.

"There is a very small section of fans that are basically not reasonable, there is no reality to where they are.

"I am hoping that we get there and we'll see what happens next season.

"The reality is that if Mike had not taken the club, we would be in a mess."

Llambias maintains that the club are still not for sale after previously interested parties failed to keep their end of the bargain.

"No it is not up for sale. There is no money out there. Football is not what it was," he explained.

"We had two possible buyers and they didn't put their money up so at the end of the day they are not real."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5999998,00.html

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the owner of the club has put in money to keep the club running that he wouldn't have had to put in if he'd been willing to spend in order to keep us up? Aye, we heard you the first time Dekka.

So the owner of the club has put in money to keep the club running that he wouldn't have had to put in if he'd been willing to spend in order to keep us up? Aye, we heard you the first time Dekka.

Spot on!

A good business man?

Or a business man who knows how to fix something he has broken?

Pffft...Dekka pisses me off with this bullshit, top and bottom of it is as Alex said...FMA has put in 35mil this season when had he put half of that into team building last season and not sold Given and Milner we would be in a much better position now.

Commitment?

i dont think he knows the meaning of the word.

I think he inadvertently sums up what it means to Ashley in the last two lines.

I'm so unreasonable for thinking they're both a pair of lying, coniving, cheating, corrupt cluster-fucks who want nothing more than to bleed the club of it's money and put fuck all back in to it? Uh huh... because they've not been proven to have lied to the the fans or media in the past at all have they, wow, we really owe them a lot for 'saving' our club from Premiership Football and what could have been entertaining football under a manager who related to the fans.

The worst thing for me about these fucking worms is that they're not willing to admit they're the ones who fucked up, they're the ones who got us relegated and they're the ones who've caused the agro with the fans - they're buck passers and they think we, the fans, owe them - complete bunch of vile scrotums.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Commitment?

Aye.

For a bloke who's basically paid to do no more than spin Ashley's lies as effectively as possible he can't even keep that aim fully focussed in his mind for an entire interview. Shows you how desperate they were to get shut if it's reflected upon in those terms. Thick bastard.

Commitment?

Aye.

For a bloke who's basically paid to do no more than spin Ashley's lies as effectively as possible he can't even keep that aim fully focussed in his mind for an entire interview. Shows you how desperate they were to get shut if it's reflected upon in those terms. Thick bastard.

:icon_lol:

I've been more commited to clapped out bangers with 6 months left on the MOT.

Guest Barrack Road

I hate them two cunts. "A minority of supporters are being unhelpful". No cunt likes yous you fuckin mugs, and regardless what happens in the future little will change till you're gone. You can imagine MA on the phone "ya gav tell em abaht this five million i stack in todie anaww on the owld website ungwatefuww caants".

Ashley took the club off the market last October

Two months into the season! :icon_lol:

"We bought £5.5million worth of players in January"

Sports Direct pricing?

I prefered the guy when he was mute. ;)

Edited by Phil

The fans pay their money, they're your customer - they're absolutely entitled and reasonable to criticise.

Fuck off Dekka! :icon_lol:

"The reality is that if Mike had not taken the club, we would be in a mess."

No you useless fucking prick. If Mike had not taken the club, there would be no "we" because you wouldnt fucking be here. Twat.

Ashley is a forward-thinking businessman who's just trying to run the club in a modern fashion. Criticising him will only disrupt his plans. We should all unite behind him as he rebuilds the club from the tea lady up.

If that didn't anger you, try this on for size....

Ashley now claims to be in for at least £300m. £250m at the back end of last year, another £20m when he took us off the market, £25m in December and £5m this week.

£134m initially paid for the club suggests he's now forked out £166m in loans to cover our debt/further investment.

NUFC-finances says he took over a club where Shepherd had a mere £70m of debt.

This suggests that Ashley has built up a further £96m of debt at the club in less than 3 years. £26m more than Shepherd managed in 10 years.

That's without paying any interest payments or any dividends and all he's gained by spending that much more than Shepherd is relegation.

Steadying the ship and reducing costs. Well done Mike

Edited by Happy Face

Managing Directors that criticise are "not reasonable".

How much money have the fans put in Dekka??

What a fucking mong!

Dear Dekka,

Can I politely suggest you keep schtum, unless you have something sensible to say.

By sensible, I mean " Mike has sold the club and we are fucking off back to Lahndon. "

yours reasonably

A paying customer

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Dear Dekka,

Can I politely suggest you keep schtum, unless you have something sensible to say.

By sensible, I mean " Mike has sold the club and we are fucking off back to Lahndon. "

yours reasonably

A paying customer

:icon_lol: