NUFC Pictures - from days of old.

Craig

On 17/09/2024 at 12:04, Tdansmith said:

The Leazes Tavern was on the corner of Leazes Lane and Crescent Place, Leazes Mews is now built on that site.  ( the photo i posted was from 1964)

I've had a bit of an internet search and I found it was very near to where the Trent House is now.

Someone also wrote this about it...

"The Leazes Tavern may have been part of Richard Grainger's developments in that area, it was offered to let in October 1843 and particulars of the property could be had from his office on Clayton Street. It had been in the occupation of George Nelson, "in which an excellent trade has been carried out for a number of years".

The earliest reference I can find to it is in June 1830, when a house was offered to let in Leazes Crescent, with applicants invited to contact Mr Thompson at the Leazes Tavern. In June 1835 the pub was also offered to let by the Sun Brewery, Quayside, and again by them in 1840.

According to trade directories, it was owned or run by Joseph Thompson at 29 Leazes Crescent in 1833, and in Whites directory of 1847 there's a Leazes Tavern at that address run by Alice Robertson. The address given in Wards of 1865 is "2 Crescent Place, and 29 Leazes Lane", and Kelly's of 1883 gives the same address. Wards of 1898 has it at 29 Leazes Crescent."

Was going to say, I think that is / was a cafe or sandwich shop over the road from the Trent House 

• Like 2