NUFC Pictures - from days of old.

Craig

1 hour ago, ohhh_yeah said:

I’m sure I recall reading only 5 or 6 of the squad even turned up for the recording of the song and the video being shot. Also, on the released version you can distinctly make out Gazza singing on the ‘Express yourself’ bits. 

Beardsley, Gazza and Barnes all did the rap, they were all shite. If you hear the Barnes demo it's not like the finished article. :lol:

• Haha 2

The old west stand on Barrack Road? 

This was a few years before the huge “Newcastle United FC” lettering which I remember so vividly from my youth. 

That appeared in 1971

IMG_3155.thumb.jpeg.9fb5c6a46a79cc323f0531169512309c.jpegIMG_3154.jpeg.a983755e79382cb459dc7d82e8cc7273.jpeg
IMG_3157.thumb.jpeg.64e37149e6aa6989f130bba174e5d0d1.jpeg

• Like 5

On 15/07/2024 at 17:00, Howmanheyman said:

Beardsley, Gazza and Barnes all did the rap, they were all shite. If you hear the Barnes demo it's not like the finished article. :lol:

I’m going to guess it had the edge over Pedro’s version, which is why he got the nod? :lol: 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The old west stand on Barrack Road? 

This was a few years before the huge “Newcastle United FC” lettering which I remember so vividly from my youth. 

That appeared in 1971

IMG_3155.thumb.jpeg.9fb5c6a46a79cc323f0531169512309c.jpegIMG_3154.jpeg.a983755e79382cb459dc7d82e8cc7273.jpeg
IMG_3157.thumb.jpeg.64e37149e6aa6989f130bba174e5d0d1.jpeg

first time I ever went in there was in the middle(ish) paddock for the nottingham forest pitch invasion game.

as a younger kid there was a turnstile just out of view in the bottom photo that was right in the corner of the west stand/gallowgate, we'd climb on the concrete roof of it and watch from there till the coppers made you get down, probably only 8 or 9 year old then!

:)

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’m going to guess it had the edge over Pedro’s version, which is why he got the nod? :lol: 

Judge for yourself. Barnes, Gazza and Beardsley in that order. :lol:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Judge for yourself. Barnes, Gazza and Beardsley in that order. :lol:

All equally shite :D :lol: 

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Beardsley sounds a bit like Bob Mortimer. 

He does :lol: 

On 21/07/2024 at 17:59, thebrokendoll said:

first time I ever went in there was in the middle(ish) paddock for the nottingham forest pitch invasion game.

as a younger kid there was a turnstile just out of view in the bottom photo that was right in the corner of the west stand/gallowgate, we'd climb on the concrete roof of it and watch from there till the coppers made you get down, probably only 8 or 9 year old then!

:)

Centre paddock was my place of choice if I was flush. If we’d been on Shoot previous weekend, TV gantry at the back (scaffolding poles and a few planks) was often still in place, great view/seat 😀

• Haha 4

If you've ever wondered what the legend who was Bill McCracken sounded like, well now you know. This bloke had the actual football offside rule changed as he was that good at it whilst playing for NUFC, (so he was).

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...