Jesus got hammered

Monkeys Fist

Lets face it there is reasonable doubt that Jesus didn't exist at all.

It's also funny how religion will use science to back up their beliefs when it suits but are happy to ignore it most the time.

We can hold about 17 timelines at once withing this grid - so in one of them I gues he was there...

Lets face it there is reasonable doubt that Jesus didn't exist at all.

It's an interesting argument to use to maybe wind people up but it should make them question the sources as well.

I tend to think he did - more because of the existence of the cult that followed rather than because of any direct documentary eveidence such as the gospels.

Yeah, I agree, but it's odd there is no formal historical record of him, which ironically is in contrast to some other 'messiahs' of the time. Also some of the NT is patently not true historically. The nativity story is contradictory in the 4 gospels, there was no recorded census, and iirc Nazareth didn't exist in Jesus's time. Not surprising since it is all word of mouth seperated by at least a generation from the alleged events really.

Any Bible references to Wor Jesus as a big fella? The bloke on the Shroud is around 6'2".

Isn't this well above the norm for 1st century Judea?

Dutch sandal type clogs?/

Jesus boots?

Didn't the Knights Templar create the first rudimentary ATM? Whereby the nobles could deposit a sum at one Knights Templar....Templey Churchy place, then he'd receive a token to carry to another place where he could cash it in for coin. So that he didn't have to carry sums of coin along dangerous roadways.

Sure I was told that...

If it's bollocks, I apologise.

Didn't the Knights Templar create the first rudimentary ATM? Whereby the nobles could deposit a sum at one Knights Templar....Templey Churchy place, then he'd receive a token to carry to another place where he could cash it in for coin. So that he didn't have to carry sums of coin along dangerous roadways.

Sure I was told that...

Were you charged 99 groats to withdraw at non Templar churches?

Sure I was told that...

You're right Fish, according to Wiki;

"By 1150, the Order's original mission of guarding pilgrims had changed into a mission of guarding their valuables through an innovative way of issuing letters of credit, an early precursor of modern banking. Pilgrims would visit a Templar house in their home country, depositing their deeds and valuables. The Templars would then give them a letter which would describe their holdings. Modern scholars have stated that the letters were encrypted with a cipher alphabet based on a Maltese Cross; however there is some disagreement on this, and it is possible that the code system was introduced later, and not something used by the medieval Templars themselves.[4][5][6] While traveling, the pilgrims could present the letter to other Templars along the way, to "withdraw" funds from their account. This kept the pilgrims safe since they were not carrying valuables, and further increased the power of the Templars."

Sure I was told that...

You're right Fish, according to Wiki;

"By 1150, the Order's original mission of guarding pilgrims had changed into a mission of guarding their valuables through an innovative way of issuing letters of credit, an early precursor of modern banking. Pilgrims would visit a Templar house in their home country, depositing their deeds and valuables. The Templars would then give them a letter which would describe their holdings. Modern scholars have stated that the letters were encrypted with a cipher alphabet based on a Maltese Cross; however there is some disagreement on this, and it is possible that the code system was introduced later, and not something used by the medieval Templars themselves.[4][5][6] While traveling, the pilgrims could present the letter to other Templars along the way, to "withdraw" funds from their account. This kept the pilgrims safe since they were not carrying valuables, and further increased the power of the Templars."

The Medicis came up with the idea of double-entry book-keeping but be careful if you're doing a search on that.

I was so pleased when I saw "you're right Fish" only to be crushed by the swiftly following caveat "according to Wiki" ;)