What was your favourite toon game?

Guest Barrack Road

Guest Barrack Road

Another one from that era, beating Leeds 5-2 on the first day of the season in 1989 when they were big favourites to go up.

Micky Quinn scored four on his debut and Mcghee got the other one. They scored a shit-load together that season.

What a great game that was, that was the first game I was allowed to go to the game on my own with my mates and no cunts dad there. Sunny day, Leeds fans giving it the biggun, fantastic. McGhee never scored that game, Kevin Gallagher got one down the Leazes, tricked everyone in to thinking he was going far corner and put it in near side. Am sure McGhee never scored for about 20 games, then he seemed to score every week.

That Bradford game when he got the injury time winner, Quinn missed a pen in the first half, it was higher over the bar than Waddle's against the k.. erm against Germany. Was a horrible game, and me mate left to get a pizza in the last min and missed it ;)

Another one from that era, beating Leeds 5-2 on the first day of the season in 1989 when they were big favourites to go up.

Micky Quinn scored four on his debut and Mcghee got the other one. They scored a shit-load together that season.

What a great game that was, that was the first game I was allowed to go to the game on my own with my mates and no cunts dad there. Sunny day, Leeds fans giving it the biggun, fantastic. McGhee never scored that game, Kevin Gallagher got one down the Leazes, tricked everyone in to thinking he was going far corner and put it in near side. Am sure McGhee never scored for about 20 games, then he seemed to score every week.

That Bradford game when he got the injury time winner, Quinn missed a pen in the first half, it was higher over the bar than Waddle's against the k.. erm against Germany. Was a horrible game, and me mate left to get a pizza in the last min and missed it :D

John ;)

Guest Barrack Road

That Bradford game when he got the injury time winner, Quinn missed a pen in the first half, it was higher over the bar than Waddle's against the k.. erm against Germany. Was a horrible game, and me mate left to get a pizza in the last min and missed it :D

John ;)

Ye knew what a meant, fuckin John, you knew for a fact I meant fuckin John. I can see his face now legs skinnier than my arms, he also scored a very nervous open goal against Leicester in the game you mentioned to make it 3-4. I don't like Kevin Gallacher (it isn't Gallagher anyway), never has anything nice to say about the toon, and in my book if you've played for Newcastle even for a few seasons, and don't walk away fan for life, am sorry like but you're a cunt. Back to the subject, Mark McGhee, born and bred Celtic fan, who are the club closest to his heart now, Newcastle United :panic: same with Liverpool and Mick Quinn. I wish nobheads would stop trying to diminish what Newcastle are, we're a special club you could write a book why and it's still unquantifiable, I don't think you could possibly understand why unless you've lived here or played for us. It looks deluded even typing it, but I'm telling you now it's all true.

Edited by Barrack Road

John ;)

Ye knew what a meant, fuckin John, you knew for a fact I meant fuckin John. I can see his face now legs skinnier than my arms, he also scored a very nervous open goal against Leicester in the game you mentioned to make it 3-4. I don't like Kevin Gallacher (it isn't Gallagher anyway), never has anything nice to say about the toon, and in my book if you've played for Newcastle even for a few seasons, and don't walk away fan for life, am sorry like but you're a cunt.

I'd imagine there might be a few players from the late 80s/early 90s that might not have many fond memories....Mark Stimson springs to mind. Fuck me he (rightly) got some stick. Depends on the player I suppose.

Guest Barrack Road
I think Quinny's gone back to being a thieves fan now like, going off some of the things he's said on talkSport recently.

He used to say the opposite of that on Talksport. He even said he grew up on The Kop and the passion for Liverpool and Everton on Merseyside can not be compared to the passion for Newcastle United on Tyneside.

I think Quinny's gone back to being a thieves fan now like, going off some of the things he's said on talkSport recently.

He used to say the opposite of that on Talksport. He even said he grew up on The Kop and the passion for Liverpool and Everton on Merseyside can not be compared to the passion for Newcastle United on Tyneside.

Well he's a lot more interested in their scores and stories than ours now. Maybe its because the station is more focused on the prem.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Jan1st 1985 beat Sunderland 3-1, I vaguely remember we had a few players out through injury and was really worried we would get turned over. Beardsley hat trick - Garry Bennet sent off -marvelous.

I saw us put 5 past ManU Pop Robson hat trick -but that was when I was young enough to think that was just expected

remember that one, Bobby Charlton complianed in the Sunday Sun next day that a Newcastle player shouted "leave it" and he did only for the NUFC player to nod it in ;)