Steve Bruce

Guest Barrack Road

The thing is they talk about finance - the amount of money they have wasted is ridiculous but if they go down/achieve fuck all and the owner packs it in do they think he's going to write off £100m + in transfers?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I look at it Stevie is this: put their team managed by Steve Bruce in this division and they'd probably have a massive lead at the top. Stick our team this season in the Premier League and we're probably bottom.

It's a good way of looking at it and I've thought along those lines too. The worst thing is I don't think anyone will shout for Hughton to leave because it will fall on deaf ears, and on the face of it statistically the job he's done in this division hasn't looked too bad, and we'll appear right ungrateful bastards. Even if we go up we start the season in a bigger mess than any other club in that division including Sunderland, and certainly with more dissatisfied fans. We're not moaning it's just we've seen it all before with Roeder, who I think we a better manager than CH.

Roeder's definitely a better manager imo and he wasn't man enough for the job. Like you though, I think there's no point in getting rid because who's going to take it / who would the owner/chairman even approach? Also, as I've said before, he'll be lucky to be in a job come Xmas.

Is really the main question, I can't imagine any manager of quality would want to work with our Owner/Chairman.

I might be a lone voice, but I wouldn't mind a manager of passion like Neil Warnock to be honest.

The Keegler :icon_lol:

The filthy fuckers will be devastated when with even minimal spending we piss on their chips again next season

They'll probably beat us next season and finish above us. It's going to take some serious spending for us to even survive next year with the dreck we have up and down our squad.

• 1 year later...

:nufc:

Excuse the source.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...w-race-row.html

UNDERLAND boss Steve Bruce has been caught up in another race storm - involving one of his own players.

Argentina defender Marcos Angeleri has accused Bruce of not liking him... because he is not English.

The amazing blast comes just two months after Aston Villa manager Gerard Houllier effectively accused Bruce of racism over the Darren Bent transfer row.

Right-back Angeleri, 27, who has flopped since signing for £2million last summer, said: "The boss doesn't talk to me, he doesn't even say hello to me when he sees me.

"I think he doesn't like me because I'm not English."

He added on ESPN Radio: "Steve Bruce is not a nice person at all. He is a little unpleasant. I have played just a few minutes in Sunderland since my arrival.

"I want to play, that's my job. That's why I'm not happy here in Sunderland. I don't understand why I'm not playing. The boss is too defensive."

Angeleri has made two League appearances, both as sub. His one start came in the FA Cup home defeat to Notts County in January.

Sunderland fans will be puzzled and angered by Angeleri's claim Bruce does not like him because he is not English. Bruce has made countless foreign signings, enjoying great success with the likes of Ghanaian trio John Mensah, Sulley Muntari and Asamoah Gyan.

Stadium of Light fans will dismiss any suggestion that Bruce may be racist as ridiculous.

In January, Houllier claimed Bruce had attacked him over the signing of Bent because he was an "easy target" as he was a "foreign manager."

Sunderland fans shook their heads over Houllier's claim, pointing out the facts proved otherwise.

A spokeswoman for Sunderland last night declined to comment.

"he's not playing me because I'm not English"

Has he been talking to Garth Crooks ?

Maybe he is right, and is being denied his "human rights" ?

What then ?

i live in pont to does anyone know where abouts brucie lives is it darras hall or somewhere shearer also lives in ponteland alot of footballers do so doesw beardsley

Edited by DEADMAN

i live in pont to does anyone know where abouts brucie lives is it darras hall or somewhere shearer also lives in ponteland alot of footballers do so doesw beardsley

expensive area. Do brains run in the family ?

Edited by LeazesMag