Losing 500k a week apparently.

Park Life

Regardless of the rights and wrongs, the key fact is that we have an owner who CAN do this. We also have an owner whose wealth will continue to grow as we come out of recession.

This is far more favorable than being sold off to a dodgy sheik or skint barry whatever his name was consortium.

Ashley to learn from mistakes and take the club forward on a sound footing with decent investment (not hysterical Shepherd buys as those days have gone) would be the best outcome.

To totally steal HFs analogy, your argument is basically.

Josef can afford to feed, clothe and provide water to Elisabeth, there is a possibility that he may stop keeping her prisoner and abusing her and her children.

This is far more favourable than having her handed over to a friend who may be a knight in shining armour or might turn out to not be very nice.

:mental:

Its that kind of attitude that the likes of Ashley thrives on.

Its like saying that someone was attacked after getting into a taxi therefore lets not take the chance and all walk home at 2am through country roads.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're losing £500k per week and dont go up then Id think its fairly nailed on that we'll be put into administration at the end of the season.

Gates, sponsorship and corporate deals next season will be well down on this one, the first year in the Championship is exciting, its new, its seeing us win because we're one of 3 teams who are better equipped. Next season we'll be also rans behind whoever comes down.

Fans will remember just how shite playing in the league and how demoralising not getting promoted was and will vote with their feet.

Your post is quite hard to follow, but I think I can see what you're saying now. If the value of the club is less than the shareholder loan, then no purchaser is going to repay the loan and buy the shares. I can follow that (if I've got that right); in my post above I was assuming that the worth of the club would be more than the shareholder loan, so you just repay the loan as part of the deal to buy the shares. If the shares are worth less than the loan, then any purchaser would demand that it's capitalised or written off as part of the deal, I can see that.

Exactly.

If we're losing £500k per week and dont go up then Id think its fairly nailed on that we'll be put into administration at the end of the season.

Gates, sponsorship and corporate deals next season will be well down on this one, the first year in the Championship is exciting, its new, its seeing us win because we're one of 3 teams who are better equipped. Next season we'll be also rans behind whoever comes down.

Fans will remember just how shite playing in the league and how demoralising not getting promoted was and will vote with their feet.

Plus at the end of next season the 3 year season tickets will run out. How many of those will renew if we are still not promoted? We'd also not have the parachut payment and the appeal of the club will have gone and we'd be on TV less dropping revenue further.

And almost as if it was planned...:

Hughton Thanks Ashley for Cash

(Sorry if already been posted in some form)

"planning".......... :):)

according to wankers like Renton and Baggio a few years ago, this was the key to a golden future the likes of which Fat Fred and the Halls had never delivered

You could not make it up if you tried.

:blush:

Talking bollocks and comparing me to Baggio now, nice one :lol:. All I said was it would have made sense to plan for Robson's replacement, rather than sack him 5 games into a season with the transfer window shut and no replacement, hence ending up with Souness.

See, this is an area I have mentioned before, at the time, and was roundly condemned by clever dicks like you, but I was and still am correct, when you harped on about this "planning" business. The ONLY thing that matter is getting a manager who gets results ie knows what he is doing. Did you say the same thing when Gullit was replaced by Sir Bob a handful of games into the season ie "bad planning"

You spout complete bollocks as usual Renton.

I think most people appreciate you can't plan for every eventuality in a volatile 'business' like football but Bobby Robson was over 70 and on a rolling one year contract so some sort of contingency plan should have been in place. Likewise, don't get rid of someone like that if you haven't got someone better lined up. The appointment of Souness proves we didn't have. Douggie Hall's suggestion he was sacked because we were headed towards relegation is as shameful as it was patently untrue.

according to wankers like Renton and Baggio a few years ago, this was the key to a golden future the likes of which Fat Fred and the Halls had never delivered

Talking bollocks and comparing me to Baggio now, nice one :lol:. All I said was it would have made sense to plan for Robson's replacement, rather than sack him 5 games into a season with the transfer window shut and no replacement, hence ending up with Souness.

See, this is an area I have mentioned before, at the time, and was roundly condemned by clever dicks like you, but I was and still am correct, when you harped on about this "planning" business. The ONLY thing that matter is getting a manager who gets results ie knows what he is doing. Did you say the same thing when Gullit was replaced by Sir Bob a handful of games into the season ie "bad planning"

i think renton's post is spot on tbh. don't sack a gem of a manager like robson when there isn't a better alternative.

i think even as fat fred's biggest fan, you would admit that he got that one wrong. souness replacing sbr for me marked the beginning of our current plight. excacerbated by the fact that fat fred backed him to the hilt.

i think renton's post is spot on tbh. don't sack a gem of a manager like robson when there isn't a better alternative.

i think even as fat fred's biggest fan, you would admit that he got that one wrong. souness replacing sbr for me marked the beginning of our current plight. excacerbated by the fact that fat fred backed him to the hilt.

hmmm.....well, I remember - at the time - the team being booed for finishing 5th in the league and a growing feeling that Sir Bob was starting to get things wrong and needed replaced. Still, I expect some people will try and deny this is true.

His point is about timing and "planning", not the quality of the manager. MY point is about the quality of the manager, there is no "bad time" to get a quality manager.

I think most people appreciate you can't plan for every eventuality in a volatile 'business' like football but Bobby Robson was over 70 and on a rolling one year contract so some sort of contingency plan should have been in place. Likewise, don't get rid of someone like that if you haven't got someone better lined up. The appointment of Souness proves we didn't have. Douggie Hall's suggestion he was sacked because we were headed towards relegation is as shameful as it was patently untrue.

correct, it also shows that the Halls were instrumental in the running of the club [of course they must have been] but that still won't stop cretins like Renton to continue blaming one person who had less than 30% of shares taking the blame for everything. Not exactly the sort of view smart lads should be spouting.....

correct, it also shows that the Halls were instrumental in the running of the club [of course they must have been] but that still won't stop cretins like Renton to continue blaming one person who had less than 30% of shares taking the blame for everything. Not exactly the sort of view smart lads should be spouting.....

Did you not agree with the rest of it then? :lol:

hmmm.....well, I remember - at the time - the team being booed for finishing 5th in the league and a growing feeling that Sir Bob was starting to get things wrong and needed replaced. Still, I expect some people will try and deny this is true.

If that was the case in May, why did he wait another 4 months until September and let Robson overhaul the team?

Surely if the halls were instrumental, then they should also share the praise that you lavish on Freddy.

It sometimes (often) seems that everything that was good was Freds ideas and everything that was bad was the halls?????

His point is about timing and "planning", not the quality of the manager. MY point is about the quality of the manager, there is no "bad time" to get a quality manager.

These are the memories I have of his last season. In particular he seemed to "forget" about being able to use substitutes and as such they were always in the last 10 minutes.

Didnt only 5,000 or so stay for the lap of honour that year which really pissed SBR off.

If that was the case in May, why did he wait another 4 months until September and let Robson overhaul the team?

Most fans (not just ours) are a bit thick and change their mind every week anyway so their whims should usually be ignored.

Of course there is no bad time to get a quality manager, why can't you see though that the timing of Robson's dismissal didn't make that possible? Unless you actually think Souness was a quality manager, which is pretty much what you said on here at the time. Speaks volumes for the Halls/Shepherds/your judgement does that.

WRONG.

I've always blamed Douglas Hall as much as Shepherd and have always made my dislike of him more vocal. Feel free to prove otherwise.

Keep up with the childish jibes as well you big bairn.

WRONG.

I've always blamed Douglas Hall as much as Shepherd and have always made my dislike of him more vocal. Feel free to prove otherwise.

sense of humour failure.

keep the irony going too :lol:

WRONG.

sense of humour failure.

What irony?

Aye, because it's really hilarious to keep referring to me as a wanker, tosser, cretin (whether replying to me or someone else), and making up a load of cobblers I've never said. You should consider stand up. :)

Like to answere the point of the timing of Robson's dismissal? Do you back the board on this one or not?

yes, I have posted - on here or NO - before that they did have someone lined up who agreed to take over then changed their mind at the last moment. And it was not Steve Bruce.

WRONG.

sense of humour failure.

What irony?

Aye, because it's really hilarious to keep referring to me as a wanker, tosser, cretin (whether replying to me or someone else), and making up a load of cobblers I've never said. You should consider stand up. :)

Like to answere the point of the timing of Robson's dismissal? Do you back the board on this one or not?

It was the same time as Gullits, wasn't it ? Or do you think they should have stuck with Gullit if that was also the "wrong time" This IS your point isn't it ie "planning"

Other than that, give it a rest, admit when you are wrong and stop being such a smart arse.

Edited by LeazesMag

yes, I have posted - on here or NO - before that they did have someone lined up who agreed to take over then changed their mind at the last moment. And it was not Steve Bruce.

Sounds a bit of a convenient excuse to me like.

WRONG.

sense of humour failure.

What irony?

It was the same time as Gullits, wasn't it ? Or do you think they should have stuck with Gullit if that was also the "wrong time" This IS your point isn't it ie "planning"

Other than that, give it a rest, admit when you are wrong and stop being such a smart arse.

Hardly being a smart arse, I seriously don't know what I'm supposed to be wrong about here.

Gullit was different, we were further into the season, in a much worse position, and he'd completely lost the dressing room including Alan Shearer. More importantly, Robson was available. If you have inside information that we had a quality manager lined up after Robson, I'm all ears. I think the board ballsed up massive style and it has been downhill ever since. Fwiw I blame Hall more for this than Shepherd, always have.

"planning".......... :):blush:

:love:

Most fans (not just ours) are a bit thick and change their mind every week anyway so their whims should usually be ignored.

Hark the herald angels sing!!!

This is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

We, as football fans, are continually changing our minds. Christ, if we didn't how fuckin' boring would it be following the fuckin sport????

If I said one day I fancy making love to Cath, and the next day say I fancy making love to T/R, I don't expect folk to then pipe up with, 'Ah, but look *posted link to where I said Cath was going to get it*, you said it, you can't now change your mind!!!!'.

Carry on :)

Surely if the halls were instrumental, then they should also share the praise that you lavish on Freddy.

It sometimes (often) seems that everything that was good was Freds ideas and everything that was bad was the halls?????

eerrr.......you won't find many posts by me "lavishing praise" on anybody BUT the Halls and Shepherd. If anything, you have made more posts lavishing praise on Mike Ashley than I have post on Shepherd himself.

Sounds a bit of a convenient excuse to me like.

been telling people this for years.

It is true though.