Watford 1-2 NUFC

Barney

A bit early, according to Houghton though

"We're hopeful that Jose could be ok to return and we'll see how he gets on this week," he explained.

Hughton also confirmed that Nicky Butt, currently sidelined with a thigh problem, could also be in contention for a return at Vicarage Road.

however :

"Unfortunately Wayne had to miss Saturday's game with a calf problem," he said.

"That was a blow because he had been playing very well and had made an excellent start since signing.

"We will know more as the week goes on but I'd have to say he is a doubt for Watford."

Lovenkrands injury to be assesed today as well.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loven and Routledge both are a blow. If Jose is back I would not mind playing Jonas right wing and Van Aanholt left wing.

While I like the sound of that it'll be foolhardy to rush the championship's best player back early. It'll be Van Aanholt at LB and Guthrie on the right. With Best and Carroll up front.

Still fancy us to win at a saunter though.

Carroll, Williamson and Smith to score.

When is van aanholt's loan up?

End of this month I think.

I think we looked to extend it nearly straight away after he impressed. Tere was also a mention of having a look at him long term.

Loven and Routledge both are a blow. If Jose is back I would not mind playing Jonas right wing and Van Aanholt left wing.

While I like the sound of that it'll be foolhardy to rush the championship's best player back early. It'll be Van Aanholt at LB and Guthrie on the right. With Best and Carroll up front.

Still fancy us to win at a saunter though.

Carroll, Williamson and Smith to score.

Of course I don't condone risking Jose if he is not ready. Would not mind extending Van Aanholt loan if we can I know Zirkov (sp?) got injured for Chelsea at the weekend though.

Id say is as much of a blow Routledge being out as it is Butt being fit :(

Hopefully with Loven out. He stays away from butt and either plays Nolan off Carroll or Best/Ranger in and Smith on the bench again.

When is van aanholt's loan up?

End of this month I think.

Loan finishes after Watford, Hughton considering extending it but hasnt asked Chelsea yet.

nee chance of it being extended, ashley cole out long term and his replacement Zhirkov got injured on saturday

Id say is as much of a blow Routledge being out as it is Butt being fit :(

I've said this for ages now, we've been very lucky with injuries to Butt this season...in that he's had alot of them. Especially at the start of the season because i suspect sadly the management would have been picking him alot of the time and slowing our team up even more than they play without him.

The difference when we can play Routledge, Jonas and Lovenkrands is obvious as we have some pace to get at teams, when only 1 of them plays it stands out and if that player goes on a break nee fucker can keep up with them!

no doubt this will be an entertaining win before we revert to type for a drab 0-0 in our next televised fixture

I guess they are all televised fixtures as i just got my new Euro satellite system up and running! I'll be watching tomorrow at 3pm (just like the good old days!) How am i ever going to leave the house again?!

Guest Barrack Road
match live on http://www.ring.bg/shou/live

according to nufc.com

I've been told a few times, never ever clink Russian, Chinese or Bulgarian links as their internet is basically one big virus. I'll let someone test the water first I think.

I think it's a difficult game today, we played shite in the home game against them it was one big struggle and they are by no means one of the poorer sides in this league. However, 1-11 we are better than them, and I think the reason we've been struggling away is purely and squarely to do with our managers tactical approach and team selection. How can a club with players at least on paper, go somewhere like Sheffield Wednesday or Derby with a relatively defensive approach and what we have we hold attitude? Listen, when we get back in to the Premiership, I'd have no problem with a keep it tight approach somewhere like Arsenal, we got a draw there under Roeder with that philosophy, but we should be attacking every club in the division from the start of games, and we'd win most of our aways. However, it will be as turgid as ever for the away fans. 1-1 I think.

Edited by Barrack Road