Would you be happy with just promotion?

Kevin

Would prefer to go up via the play offs, via a penalty shoot out.

And be branded an average championship team...

You must be a young'un because you will realise we will always be branded something no matter what we do and usually it will be wrong.

As someone has already said, best we don't go up with great expectations. Most of us realise that finishing fourth bottom next season would be a fantastic achievement.

However back to the question...

An arse nipping day out on the lash at NEW wembley followed by a heart stopping last gap penalty shoot out promotion.. That's what it's all about.

As someone has already said, best we don't go up with great expectations. Most of us realise that finishing fourth bottom next season would be a fantastic achievement.

And we only have to think back one season to remember what we've got in store in a fourth bottom season. Were it not for a mistake from the linesman in the penultimate game last year we'd have finished exactly there.

Season of Dross here we come! ;)

And we only have to think back one season to remember what we've got in store in a fourth bottom season. Were it not for a horrendous cock-up by a vastly over-rated referee in the penultimate game last year we'd have finished exactly there.

Season of Dross here we come! ;)

Fixed it for you :icon_lol:

In all seriousness though, promotion is the only thing to worry about. It's not like the trophy would be paraded through the streets should we win it (at least I hope it wouldn't).

Edited by toon_don

Open fridge at my house.

:icon_lol:

Can we lock this thread now please?

He didn't say there'd be anything in it man... ;)

Anyway back to the question, promotion is the necessity. Unlike in '93, I'm not arsed if we do it as champions or not - back then we were at the start of a very positive transition for the club and what's more, you kinda knew it as we were living it.

This time it feels like we've fallen through a hole in the ice and have the opportunity to climb straight back out of it before we freeze to death.

As in 2nd spot or winning the play offs as oppossed to winning the league? Don't get me wrong the main goal is promotion but it would be brilliant to pick up a trophy along the way, and we were 10 points clear so I will actually be rather dissapointed if we were to lose out on top spot. what would you be happy with?

You've pretty much summed up my feelings already.

we were 10 points clear so I will actually be rather dissapointed if we were to lose out on top spot.

'rather dissapointed'??

Should have been around in '96 - we were more than 'rather dissapointed'... :(

As in 2nd spot or winning the play offs as oppossed to winning the league? Don't get me wrong the main goal is promotion but it would be brilliant to pick up a trophy along the way, and we were 10 points clear so I will actually be rather dissapointed if we were to lose out on top spot. what would you be happy with?

You've pretty much summed up my feelings already.

It would top it off if we finished Champions and "pissed the league" ©Accadacca

I wouldnt however give a shit if we ended up 2nd, the celebrations and general relief would be just as great.

And we only have to think back one season to remember what we've got in store in a fourth bottom season. Were it not for a horrendous cock-up by a vastly over-rated referee in the penultimate game last year we'd have finished exactly there.

Season of Dross here we come! :(

Fixed it for you :)

In all seriousness though, promotion is the only thing to worry about. It's not like the trophy would be paraded through the streets should we win it (at least I hope it wouldn't).

You can however guarantee that the regime will be spouting off like we've won the Champions League

"Im sure you'll all join me in agreement at the great things Mike has done for this club, its 18 years since we last won promotion and Mike should be hailed for bringing this chance to the club. Its no surprise that in the preceeding 15 years the previous owners never managed that feat. Mike however has done it in 3. We should never forget that and to celebrate we're renaming the ground the "Sir Michael Ashley is a God stadium".

Open fridge at my house.

;)

Can we lock this thread now please?

He didn't say there'd be anything in it man... :)

It'll be full but I'll lock the front door :(

Would prefer to go up via the play offs, via a penalty shoot out.

And be branded an average championship team...

You must be a young'un because you will realise we will always be branded something no matter what we do and usually it will be wrong.

However back to the question...

An arse nipping day out on the lash at NEW wembley followed by a heart stopping last gap penalty shoot out promotion.. That's what it's all about.

while fun, its not all the great you know (granted I didnt experience the penalty thing but...)

If we are promoted as champions I would be concerned that they may get too cocksure whilst Prem teams might think we have something to fear. If however we go up in 2nd place we may not think of ourselves as highly and therefore eek a little more out of what could only be described as a middling to poor Premisership team as is.

However, if we go up as champions that may marginally improve our chances of attracting some top quality players who are happy to come here for less than £30k a week.

It would be 'fun' to go up through the play offs, but I can't see it happening...if we slip that far back then we're fucked.

As long as we go up and some further progress is made in the summer. Personally I have no idea where this club is going or what the vision is, in terms of football. 5 year plan seems to be about money and nothing else at this stage.

If we are promoted as champions I would be concerned that they may get too cocksure whilst Prem teams might think we have something to fear. If however we go up in 2nd place we may not think of ourselves as highly and therefore eek a little more out of what could only be described as a middling to poor Premisership team as is.

However, if we go up as champions that may marginally improve our chances of attracting some top quality players who are happy to come here for less than £30k a week.

It would be 'fun' to go up through the play offs, but I can't see it happening...if we slip that far back then we're fucked.

As long as we go up and some further progress is made in the summer. Personally I have no idea where this club is going or what the vision is, in terms of football. 5 year plan seems to be about money and nothing else at this stage.

(spazzed) Edit: incidentally - if Pompey get wound up does this free up an extra spot in the Prem? Would 4 teams go up from CCC - i.e. the two semi finals actually become two finals for two spots?

Edited by trophyshy

As much as i think Ashley and Derek are complete idiots i don't think even they would see finishing first by a few points say or being second by a similar margin as a massive difference and change their plan for the prem because of it. I think however we get promoted they'll do a poor job in the prem!

As much as i think Ashley and Derek are complete idiots i don't think even they would see finishing first by a few points say or being second by a similar margin as a massive difference and change their plan for the prem because of it. I think however we get promoted they'll do a poor job in the prem!

Plan? What is this plan of which you speak? :(