I've learned not to expect a lot from the BRITS

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lady gaga is officially out of her mind

Completely bonkers, but entertaining with it i guess.

Shite show so far, even by the Brits low standards. As for the lifetime achievement awards, they stopped being funny when Bob fucking Geldof won one :rolleyes:

it wasn't Lord Gaga tonight then?

at times she looks fairly well and at other times (frankly a lot of them in papers/mags) she got a bit of a "man face" going on

It's not her man face that's the problem, it's her man bits.

at times she looks fairly well and at other times (frankly a lot of them in papers/mags) she got a bit of a "man face" going on

considering her outfit tonight I can conclude that she doesnt have man bits

considering her outfit tonight I can conclude that she doesnt have man bits

Tucks them between her legs, FACT.

But Robbie Williams for the lifetime achievement award? ;)

Not a fan of Robbie Williams at all but I'm not able to get my head round why you have such issue with this. He doesn't play an instrument nor, I'm led to believe, is he a particularly great song-writer But what he lacks there he does make up for in terms of being a lyricist and his performances.

Almost every single track in that medley he performed last night were instantly recognisable. Given that and that he's been at the fore-front of pop music for 18-20 years and it's not surprising that they've given him the award.

His music might not be your cup of tea - it's definitely not mine but you can't deny what he's achieved. To put it in context, this is some of the previous recipients of the award:

2009 - Pet Shop Boys

2005 - Bob Geldof

2004 - Duran Duran

2002 - Sting

2000 - Spice Girls

1999 - Eurythmics

1986 - Wham

Are any of that lot more deserving than Robbie Williams? Band Aid / Live Aid aside, I fail to see what Geldof's 'outstanding

contribution to music' is.

I think it's the 'lifetime' bit that gets people's goats.

I agree with the criticism for Geldof, but Band Aid and Live Aid remain some of the most outstanding achievements in popular music. Still he's been well recognised for that (by the Queen, no less) already.

I thought Peter Kay belittled the entire evening perfectly.

I laughed out loud a few times, calling Gallacher a nobhead and Lady Gaga a man as they left the stage stick out in the memory.

Surprised Animal Collective didn't win anything. ;)

Im not a huge fan of Peter Kay to be honest.

He used the JLS/DHS joke at least twice as well.

and...

"If you've just switched over from Ice truckers/extreme fishing/Muslim Driving School.....why?"

Still a funny joke the first time like.

I think it's the 'lifetime' bit that gets people's goats.

Don't the Brits officially class it as 'Outstanding Contribution to Music' rather than 'Lifetime achievement' though?

Either way it's not surprising that they've awarded to the one person who's won more Brits than anyone else and twice as many as the next person in the list.

Never watched it for years like. Anyone remember Sam Fox and the bloke out of Fleetwood Mac presenting it?

Aye ;) Wasn't that the last time it was done totally live? They intorduced the Four Tops and out popped Boy George IIRC.