German

khay

I know there are a few people here that have either been in Germany or are from Germany.

Have you got any recommendations on a book or online resource that would help me learn the language?

Got a trip in march with work and probably will be going over in April also. I’ve installed a virtual machine in German to help me along. :jesuswept:

Any help would be much appreciated. I understand my grasp of this language is bit under par also...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to help, but I realise that "study it at uni" and "go and live there for five years" aren't massively practical. :jesuswept:

Neither is shagging a german exchange student. :P

Don't think my girlfriend would allow that option...

I know there are a few people here that have either been in Germany or are from Germany.

Have you got any recommendations on a book or online resource that would help me learn the language?

Got a trip in march with work and probably will be going over in April also. I’ve installed a virtual machine in German to help me along. :jesuswept:

Any help would be much appreciated. I understand my grasp of this language is bit under par also...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/german/lj/

Why bother? They speak English anyway most of em. Spunken funken blunken. Fuck that.

Just about your level. And yes I know that's one of Oz's lines from Auf Weidersehen Pet...

If I'm not logged in at work all my websites like Facebook, Twitter, IMDB, blogspot and that are presented in German. I assume that's where work base their operations.

I've thus learned that "Anmelden" means logon...or...connect...or...sign in...or something like that.

If you set your location to Germany on all your websites you could benefit from a similar learning experience. :jesuswept:

[/top tip]

I'd love to help, but I realise that "study it at uni" and "go and live there for five years" aren't massively practical. :jesuswept:

I've worked with Germans for 6 years and have added precisely 2 words to my single figure existing vocab - Choos - equivalent to ciao or au revoir and genau which is liberally sprinkled into many conversations and means "exactly/you're right/I hear you".

Neither is shagging a german exchange student. :P

Don't think my girlfriend would allow that option...

Shame. "Ze best way to learn a language iz to fuck eet" was amongst the best advice i was ever given.

Our lass's mam is a bit forward like.

If I'm not logged in at work all my websites like Facebook, Twitter, IMDB, blogspot and that are presented in German. I assume that's where work base their operations.

I've thus learned that "Anmelden" means logon...or...connect...or...sign in...or something like that.

If you set your location to Germany on all your websites you could benefit from a similar learning experience. :jesuswept:

[/top tip]

Donkey shite!

If you set your location to Germany on all your websites you could benefit from a similar learning experience. :P

[/top tip]

Donkey shite!

I did mean "top tip" in the viz sense of idiotic :jesuswept:

If you set your location to Germany on all your websites you could benefit from a similar learning experience. :D

[/top tip]

Donkey shite!

I did mean "top tip" in the viz sense of idiotic :P

Wasnt that 'thank you' in German? :jesuswept:

If you set your location to Germany on all your websites you could benefit from a similar learning experience. :D

[/top tip]

Donkey shite!

I did mean "top tip" in the viz sense of idiotic :P

Wasnt that 'thank you' in German? :jesuswept:

According to Oz anyway.

Why bother? They speak English anyway most of em. Spunken funken blunken. Fuck that.

Just about your level. And yes I know that's one of Oz's lines from Auf Weidersehen Pet...

Someone who comes out with a comment like that obviously is ridiculous enough to think they are many levels above me :jesuswept:

Someone who comes out with a comment like that obviously is ridiculous enough to think they are many levels above me :jesuswept:

It's not about what level I'm on. I'm merely pointing out that its more of your racist, biggoted nonsense.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/german/lj/

Cheers, i've all ready been reading through that one. I know how to ask for chocolate cake...

It's not about what level I'm on. I'm merely pointing out that its more of your racist, biggoted nonsense.

If it were you'd ban me. Ban me then, surely if you believe that's racist or bigoted I should be banned. As a senior administrator of this board if you're stupid enough to believe that's what it is, it's your duty to ban me. If you don't it's yet another admittance of your persistent unsubstantiated pish.

If it were you'd ban me. Ban me then, surely if you believe that's racist or bigoted I should be banned. As a senior administrator of this board if you're stupid enough to believe that's what it is, it's your duty to ban me. If you don't it's yet another admittance of your persistent unsubstantiated pish.

Because I can't be arsed with the childish shit you come out with when we do ban you. That said, there's plenty of support from the standard member base to consign your account to the bin.

Fuck of you two unless you are going to speak in German. :P

What's this when it's at home? :jesuswept:

Someone who comes out with a comment like that obviously is ridiculous enough to think they are many levels above me :lol:

Stevie trying to martyr himself? :lol: