Graham Carr

Happy Face

No great secret - his stand up routine that's repeated on Comedy Central every other week makes reference to his Dad and how he was disappointed he had no interest in football.

I think he's okay as a stand up - but annoyingly Norton-eque on chat shows etc.

Did his fatha play for Coventry City? I recall a 'Carr' playing for them. He might have been involved in a famous free-kick routine where one player chipped the ball up and the other volleyed it goalward (can't recall whether it hit the net or, if it did, was allowed, but I can distinctly remember seeing the free kick on MOTD).

Older members MUST remember that??

Did his fatha play for Coventry City? I recall a 'Carr' playing for them. He might have been involved in a famous free-kick routine where one player chipped the ball up and the other volleyed it goalward (can't recall whether it hit the net or, if it did, was allowed, but I can distinctly remember seeing the free kick on MOTD).

Was pro, but never played for Coventry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Carr

Was pro, but never played for Coventry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Carr

Thanks. If I can be arsed, I'll see if I can find out who I'm thinking off. Pretty sure it was a Carr.

Willie Carr.

The free kick was scored, and allowed, but following that game the 'move' was banned.

It's on youtube apparently. Those who haven't seen it, check it out as it's a piece of football history.

EDIT: Coventry City v Everton 1970, btw.

Edited by snakehips

Pretty certain Carr Snr was in charge of Northampton when we beat them in the 3rd round of the cup in '87.

Don't even ask what dusty corner of my brain that nugget of stats come from - I have no idea :jesuswept:

Pretty certain Carr Snr was in charge of Northampton when we beat them in the 3rd round of the cup in '87.

Don't even ask what dusty corner of my brain that nugget of stats come from - I have no idea :jesuswept:

Yeah I remember that as well.

He must be wondering why he didn't wear a condom that awful night..

:jesuswept:

I quite like Alan Carr. He's camper than a pink VW van but his style is more witty and generally less in the gutter than the likes of Graham Norton, who does nothing to dissuade the stereotype that all gays constantly make awful shitehawk blowjob and bumming jokes in some kind of perpetual Carry-On universe.

Some do, of course. An old workmate of mine is gay and his friends' facebook comments are along the lines of:

Richard: It's snowing again. Argh

Richard's friend: What gay doesn't like to wake up to 12 inches! lol

Grow up ffs.

Anyway, where was I? I like Alan Carr.