If promoted who are we replacing Hughton with?

Park Life

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a far better chance of staying up next year with a bit of stability.

No point whatsoever in bringing in another mediocre manager to rock the boat....like the 7 managers in the last 7 years.

Nice to see Hughton has all you naysayers eating your words.

:icon_lol:

Maybe Hughton will be the man!

We know their is a gravy train of shit managers out there who just do the rounds achieving very little and picking up nice wages.

The Hughes, Allardyces, Bruces etc etc

Then theirs the young uns who are meant to be the future such as Keane, Inces etc. Again not proven and just waiting to get on the big boy gravy train.

Then we have Hughton. Not only does he look like Obama, he is roundly judged by his peers to be a fairly good coach.

Is that not a good solid platform on which to build a career as a manager?

Is he not learning how to control a game and become tactically aware this season?

Does he seem to make good substitutions?

And do some of his transfer dealings look as though they are making a difference?

Of course only time will tell, but maybe it is time to stop thinking of the glory manager and just see if we are grooming a little gem right under our nose.

Chris, you have my full support.

If we're playing that game

:icon_lol:

Depends, 'cos it actually seems that Ashley is prepared to 'back' him instead of KK, and maybe even Shearer.

But i think if we fail once back in the PL, i think Ashley might pull the trigger and appoint someone else. Wey, if he's still even here at that point.

I'll bet anybody on here anything H will be gone by Christmas.

Should have had a piece of that action

Depends, 'cos it actually seems that Ashley is prepared to 'back' him instead of KK, and maybe even Shearer.

But i think if we fail once back in the PL, i think Ashley might pull the trigger and appoint someone else. Wey, if he's still even here at that point.

I'll bet anybody on here anything H will be gone by Christmas.

Should have had a piece of that action

You would have nearly paid out 2 weeks ago by all accounts.

• 1 month later...
Maybe Hughton will be the man!

We know their is a gravy train of shit managers out there who just do the rounds achieving very little and picking up nice wages.

The Hughes, Allardyces, Bruces etc etc

Then theirs the young uns who are meant to be the future such as Keane, Inces etc. Again not proven and just waiting to get on the big boy gravy train.

Then we have Hughton. Not only does he look like Obama, he is roundly judged by his peers to be a fairly good coach.

Is that not a good solid platform on which to build a career as a manager?

Is he not learning how to control a game and become tactically aware this season?

Does he seem to make good substitutions?

And do some of his transfer dealings look as though they are making a difference?

Of course only time will tell, but maybe it is time to stop thinking of the glory manager and just see if we are grooming a little gem right under our nose.

Chris, you have my full support.

If we're playing that game

:razz:

Are you playing a different game of looking at old threads now?

Do people forget that CH looked after team affairs in the prem previously?

Oh, wasnt his team then? Ok. So now he has a team of arguably lesser ability players and a smaller squad. Then he'll need signing if we go up. So, what kind of signings? More Div 1 / champ players and the odd loan?

If he stays, it will be the twightlight fukcing zone all over again. Shit team up against much much higher quality week in week out. fuck me, we struggle againt West Brom now, what we gonna be like against Villa, Chelsea, Citeh and even the likes of Stoke & Fulham?

If he goes? it will be the twightlight fucking zone all over again. New players for a new manager and the same old shite all over again.

:razz:

So what do you propose? We just decide to finish 7th and stay in the CCC then?

Not what Im saying at all. Im eluding to the fact that under MA it doesnt matter who is managing, we're fucked anyway. But Id rather be fucked back in the prem than in the CCC :D

At least I can stick by that comment eh :razz: