If promoted who are we replacing Hughton with?

Park Life

Maybe Hughton will be the man!

We know their is a gravy train of shit managers out there who just do the rounds achieving very little and picking up nice wages.

The Hughes, Allardyces, Bruces etc etc

Then theirs the young uns who are meant to be the future such as Keane, Inces etc. Again not proven and just waiting to get on the big boy gravy train.

Then we have Hughton. Not only does he look like Obama, he is roundly judged by his peers to be a fairly good coach.

Is that not a good solid platform on which to build a career as a manager?

Is he not learning how to control a game and become tactically aware this season?

Does he seem to make good substitutions?

And do some of his transfer dealings look as though they are making a difference?

Of course only time will tell, but maybe it is time to stop thinking of the glory manager and just see if we are grooming a little gem right under our nose.

Chris, you have my full support.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Hughton will be the man!

We know their is a gravy train of shit managers out there who just do the rounds achieving very little and picking up nice wages.

The Hughes, Allardyces, Bruces etc etc

Then theirs the young uns who are meant to be the future such as Keane, Inces etc. Again not proven and just waiting to get on the big boy gravy train.

Then we have Hughton. Not only does he look like Obama, he is roundly judged by his peers to be a fairly good coach.

Is that not a good solid platform on which to build a career as a manager?

Is he not learning how to control a game and become tactically aware this season?

Does he seem to make good substitutions?

And do some of his transfer dealings look as though they are making a difference?

Of course only time will tell, but maybe it is time to stop thinking of the glory manager and just see if we are grooming a little gem right under our nose.

Chris, you have my full support.

Good result and brave and astute starting line up from CH for a change.

On the other hand Cardiff were missing 2/3 and started with too many youngsters.

And how many "1st teamers" were we missing?

Could have all back fired terribly for Hughton so all credit to him, particularly bearing in mind the dross performances we were coming into this game on the back of.

It will interesting to see what happens over coming weeks with who he plays.

Hope he has the balls to make senior players wait.

Team picked itself tbh. Wouldn't have played that side with two wide men and Guthrie in the middle if Smith and/or Butt had been available.

Alex - who the hell do you think will join NUFC in the summer as manager if you replace Hughton?

Some names please (Dennis Wise I guess.........................)

Team picked itself tbh. Wouldn't have played that side with two wide men and Guthrie in the middle if Smith and/or Butt had been available.

Alex - who the hell do you think will join NUFC in the summer as manager if you replace Hughton?

Some names please (Dennis Wise I guess.........................)

I agree if you're saying the only reason to keep him is that the clowns in charge can't attract better. Sad state of affairs. Although I don't see what that has to do with the post of mine you quoted.

Edited by alex

The question should probably be shouldn't we hurry up and get him tied down on a proper contract before another club recognises his achievements and snaps him up.

When you consider that alot of pundits and many on here thought we may do a Leeds, the job he has done with the burdens of low moral, Ashley and knowing a lot of the fans wanted shearer, then it becomes clear why a lot of other chairman will be keeping a watchfull eye on events.

Aye, lets get him on a long contract before we've seen if he can cut it next year. That way, if he does fuck up we won't be able to afford to get rid ;)

Aye, lets get him on a long contract before we've seen if he can cut it next year. That way, if he does fuck up we won't be able to afford to get rid ;)

That could apply to any of the money go round managers as we know better than most.

What would Hughton have to next season to convince you he's worth a proper contract?

I also wonder what your answer would have been to the above if it had been asked on the eve of this season?

That could apply to any of the money go round managers as we know better than most.

What would Hughton have to next season to convince you he's worth a proper contract?

I also wonder what your answer would have been to the above if it had been asked on the eve of this season?

Can I have that in English? Also, you've had a pop at Shearer's record in the PL managing us. What about Hughton's?

Can I have that in English? Also, you've had a pop at Shearer's record in the PL managing us. What about Hughton's?

The questions are pretty straightforward really

Hughton's on about £300k isn't he? I bet he's on a £1m bonus if he get's us promoted. And if we do get promoted he will be on anogther performance-related bonus of keeping us up.

Performance-related payments are the way forward for managers. Rather than paying them shit loads for abject failure.

The questions are pretty straightforward really

There's only one question tbf. Keeping us up and looking like the team is moving in the right direction is the answer.

I'm torn over hughton. You'd have to say he deserves a crack at it if we go up. Surely he will have earned it? Plus ashley is unlikely to get rid because he is cheap and a yes man.

Got next Glenn Roeder written all over it if you ask

me. Hope he can prove us wrong mind. At least he's a nice bloke

I'm torn over hughton. You'd have to say he deserves a crack at it if we go up. Surely he will have earned it? Plus ashley is unlikely to get rid because he is cheap and a yes man.

Got next Glenn Roeder written all over it if you ask

me. Hope he can prove us wrong mind. At least he's a nice bloke

I'd take 13th next season tbh

I think he (and us) has ridden his luck a bit this season. However, if he gets us promoted, then that means he has turned round the performances of the last month (evidenced on friday), as that luck wont last and WBA and Forest will take over unless we sort things out.

Promoted as champions, keep. Promoted in second or play-offs, dont keep. Imo.

The Times statos always reckon there isn't much difference between the bottom half of the PL and the top half of thee CL - all you need is a bad run (or a stupid, interfering owner and his cockney mates) to do for you and put you down

Under the current regime, I think people on here are delusional if they think we are going to take the PL league by storm like we did under Keegan.

All we will be expected is to finish fourth bottom. Hughton might be capable of that.

Under the current regime, I think people on here are delusional if they think we are going to take the PL league by storm like we did under Keegan.

All we will be expected is to finish fourth bottom. Hughton might be capable of that.

you'd be right if there was anyone on earth who thought that