If promoted who are we replacing Hughton with?

Park Life

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he gets us promoted why would we get rid of him?

Whoever we bring in would want to spend a fortune on their own"backroom team" and then hoy out all the players - more disruption, more chaos

But hey! this is NUFC!!! God forbid we'd want stability.......................................................

Kinnear wont do that, he'll work for tabs and move Hughton back to being a coach. :lol:

Because he's shit?

Not sure you can say that, he's doing a very effective job of getting us promoted. There's nothing to suggest that he's not got the intelligence to see that we'll need to adapt in the PL.

Yes the football is dreadful, but it's effective and we sit top of the league, we seem to be dealing with injuries a lot better, he talks eloquently and unembarrassingly. He's given young players a chance to keep them interested.

He managed to get rid of Geremi, something KK and JFK couldn't do. Whilst it's difficult to know how much is down to him and how much is down to the drop in divisions the improvement in Colo, Nolan, Smith, Enrique and Gutierez is marked.

On paper he's the best manager we've had for ages!! :lol:

Because he's shit?

Not sure you can say that, he's doing a very effective job of getting us promoted. There's nothing to suggest that he's not got the intelligence to see that we'll need to adapt in the PL.

Yes the football is dreadful, but it's effective and we sit top of the league, we seem to be dealing with injuries a lot better, he talks eloquently and unembarrassingly. He's given young players a chance to keep them interested.

He managed to get rid of Geremi, something KK and JFK couldn't do. Whilst it's difficult to know how much is down to him and how much is down to the drop in divisions the improvement in Colo, Nolan, Smith, Enrique and Gutierez is marked.

I was taking the piss but I'm assuming you are too. And I'll have a bet with you now that he'll be out of a job by Xmas if you like.

Because he's shit?

I was taking the piss but I'm assuming you are too. And I'll have a bet with you now that he'll be out of a job by Xmas if you like.

That's the bet I've been throwing around on NO. :lol: :lol:

This debate is futile....for all id like to see a new guy come in once we are promoted i doubt it will happen.

Like it has been said, bringing a new new manager and backroom staff will cost a bomb and then a transfer kitty of at least 25mil.

FMA isnt gonna do that when he knows he could get away with Hughton, another scrappy season, maybe just stay up in the PL all on a budget of about 10mil plus whatever we got from player sales.

Life can be cruel ;)

If Shearer had stayed and we were top of the league he would be the new messiah and would be being talked us as a future england manager......

Poor old CH

Not if we were playing the same brand of shit we are at the moment.

But if Shearer and Dowie were still here id say we would be playing better football for sure and id imagine the likes of Bassong, Beye and Duff would all still be turning out for us.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Do people forget that CH looked after team affairs in the prem previously?

Oh, wasnt his team then? Ok. So now he has a team of arguably lesser ability players and a smaller squad. Then he'll need signing if we go up. So, what kind of signings? More Div 1 / champ players and the odd loan?

If he stays, it will be the twightlight fukcing zone all over again. Shit team up against much much higher quality week in week out. fuck me, we struggle againt West Brom now, what we gonna be like against Villa, Chelsea, Citeh and even the likes of Stoke & Fulham?

If he goes? it will be the twightlight fucking zone all over again. New players for a new manager and the same old shite all over again.

;)

Oh, wasnt his team then? Ok. So now he has a team of arguably lesser ability players and a smaller squad. Then he'll need signing if we go up. So, what kind of signings? More Div 1 / champ players and the odd loan?

If he stays, it will be the twightlight fukcing zone all over again. Shit team up against much much higher quality week in week out. fuck me, we struggle againt West Brom now, what we gonna be like against Villa, Chelsea, Citeh and even the likes of Stoke & Fulham?

If he goes? it will be the twightlight fucking zone all over again. New players for a new manager and the same old shite all over again.

;)

So what do you propose? We just decide to finish 7th and stay in the CCC then?

Life can be cruel ;)

If Shearer had stayed and we were top of the league he would be the new messiah and would be being talked us as a future england manager......

Poor old CH

But if Shearer and Dowie were still here id say we would be playing better football for sure and id imagine the likes of Bassong, Beye and Duff would all still be turning out for us.

delusion of the highest order surely?

Life can be cruel ;)

Poor old CH

delusion of the highest order surely?

Oh christmas tree ohh christmas tree.... :D

;)

Not what Im saying at all. Im eluding to the fact that under MA it doesnt matter who is managing, we're fucked anyway. But Id rather be fucked back in the prem than in the CCC :D

;)

Not what Im saying at all. Im eluding to the fact that under MA it doesnt matter who is managing, we're fucked anyway. But Id rather be fucked back in the prem than in the CCC :D

Fair enough...

To be honest i think even with the disruption of potentially having a new manager and new "better" players we would still do better in the PL than we would with this squad.

However, if the supporters buy the club off Ashley we can bring the Keegler back and enjoy exciting football once again ;)

Hahahahaha

It shoudnt be funny but the NUST have absolutely fuck all chance of buying out FMA and even if they did how on earth would they fund a transfer kitty?

Bucket collections in the strawberry?

Edited by @sportsdirect.COCK

He has to be gone if we go up... his choices/selections were not cutting it when he was in charge last year. He is making the same decisions this year but due to the level of this league it is working... barely.

well I can think of 23 clubs that would happily swop their current position for our "bare success" right now

However, if the supporters buy the club off Ashley we can bring the Keegler back and enjoy exciting football once again ;)

For once in my life I'd like SUCCESSFUL FOOTBALL rather than excitement

When you look at the league I think what the team is doing (overall rather than the last few games) is approximately what you'd call 'par for the course'. How much of it is down to Hughton is debatable though. But to argue we should stick with Hughton if we go up is like saying we don't need to sign any more players for next season as the current lot 'deserve their chance'.

However, if the supporters buy the club off Ashley we can bring the Keegler back and enjoy exciting football once again :D

And you're advocating sticking with Hughton? ;)

However, if the supporters buy the club off Ashley we can bring the Keegler back and enjoy exciting football once again :icon_lol:

And you're advocating sticking with Hughton? ;)

Surely you've been posting here long enough to know that Rob's views are often unsubstantiated? :D