What are you drinking?

Guest alex

I dont mind the drinking but the hangovers just arnt worth the night before.

Im not a big drinker anyway so hopefully I can stick to this. I think its a bit like packing in smoking and a time comes when you just do it. Hangovers are water off a ducks back when you are younger but the older you are, the worse they seem to be and the longer they are to get over.

I used to like a nice glass of red but it gives me terrible heartburn.

I like a few drinks at the match but I end up doing the 20 and 70 minute dash.

That really just leaves pub night when I could hopefully get by the couple of hours we are there drinking something else.

Might also cure by summer garden you tube sessions :)

Did some Espresso Martinis (inspired by Brockles) for after-dinner* cocktails on Friday night. Very nice.

*That's 'tea' to any professional Geordies on here btw ;)

That espresso martini recipe looks great.

Whiskey sour (done properly) is another favourite of mine. I might have to crash your next cocktail do! ;)

I've probably mentioned it before but the best Whiskey Sour I ever had was at the Hard Rock Cafe in Amsterdam. Wasn't on the menu but the bartender made it anyway. Was a little too under the influence of a variety of substances to see how he made it, which was a shame. Always wanted to mix one up with egg white myself to make it smoother.

Went for:

Shot of Vodka

Shot of Espresso

Shot of White Creme de Cacao

Shot of Kahlua.

Wor lass thought it would be minging but loved them.

that sounds interesting. kind of like a pimped up white russian. was that your own creation?

No, I'd actually had one a while ago, then Brock mentioned them on here so I looked them up. There's a few recipes but that one looked the nicest. Creme de Cacao (despite the name) isn't a creamy liquer though. It's the clear, white chocolate (i.e. vanilla) flavoured stuff that Bols etc. make. You could do a version where you replaced it with something like Baileys which would be more like a White Russian though but I think I preferred the sound of that version. It was sweet enough but not too sickly.

I did sort of invent my own cocktail that was similar which is basically just White Creme de Cacao x 1 shot, Vanilla Stoli x 1.5 Shots and half a shot of sugar syrup shaken with ice, poured into a Martini glass and topped with grated white chocolate. One for the ladies like but it's always gone down a storm. I doubt it, or at least something very similar, hasn't been tried before though. Also did a similar one using raspberry Absolut instead of the vanilla Stoli. Works just as well as white chocolate/vanilla goes with raspberry anyway.

Edited by alex