Earwax

ChezGiven

Used to need mine doing all the time, not had it done in years though. I quite like it, and it's amazing how much better you can hear afterwards (duh). Last time I got it done I had forgotten the doctors was next to a train line and got a huge fright when one went by ;) Got it done once though when I had an infection too and it was agony.

What do you use? My gran used to say never put anything bigger than your elbow in your ear.

Anything bigger you say, what like a grand piano? or Nelson's column.

At first i thought she meant 'use my elbow'. Had me stumped for ages.

What do you use? My gran used to say never put anything bigger than your elbow in your ear.

Only if you're Besty.

Only if you're Besty.

;)

I expected this, but not from you.

candle-ing (sp?)works as well

can find them at healthfood/healthy living stores.......tilt your head to one side (or lie down) put one end in your ear, and light the free end, the convection of the hot air pulls the wax out of the ear. easy and less messy (although could be a bit off putting to someone that doesn't know what you are doing)

Had it done once. Realised it needed doing when I was on jury service, the judge was sat to the right of me and I was turning my head to hear him through my left ear! ;)

Weird sensation but actually quite relaxing and yep, it stinks to high heaven. Probably not the best thing in the world to do to look at what comes out - mine resembled a massive black peppercorn.

Most bizarre bit is that your hearing comes back gradually. I thought at first it hadn't worked but within 15 minutes, I could hear a pin drop over the other side of the room!

BTW MF you're fucking crazy doing it yourself. A bit too much pressure and your ear drum is history. Should only really be done if the canal is completely blocked and the drum isn't visible.

BTW MF you're fucking crazy doing it yourself. A bit too much pressure and your ear drum is history. Should only really be done if the canal is completely blocked and the drum isn't visible.

I don't push the jet of water directly into my ear, more into the external bowl above my earlobe( sure it has a proper name but no idea what..) The bath beforehand softens and loosens any gunk, afterwards I'm just sluicing it out.

Been doing it regularly for several years now, no ill effects.

Appreciate your concern though ;)

He likes to play with himself in the bath and stick things in his orifices. Who doesnt?

Edited by ChezGiven

He likes to play with himself in the bath and stick things in his orifices. Who doesnt?

;) Peeping tom!

a couple of drops of good quality olive oil* (warmed to body temperature) every day for a couple of weeks should shift it, if not get it syringed, or whatever the modern equivalent is nowadays.

*that’s in your ear not up your arse.