France gets tough...

AgentAxeman

Idealistic out of touch individuls have been responsible for every change in human history. From the Greeks to the French revoulution. :wank::D:rolleyes:

But see what it brought on us. We would probably be far better off if we had listened to the vast life experience of some Neanderthal. B)

:)

These left wing dooder Homo Sapiens are all brain washed and have a lack of understanding.

:)

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To think some say that Leazes is a boring, xenophobic old arsehole who spouts the same old shit time and time again.

All because he is so bitter because he has spent his entire life stuck on a production line and hasn't even left the country once.

Not me though....

So, Leazes's response to my well-reasoned and logical posts was "you're a yank, fuck off." Brilliant :D Your response to try to prove you aren't just a bitter, uneducated xenophobe with an inexplicable grudge against anyone not English is "well you're not from my country so nothing you say could possibly be accurate." Jog on you old loon :wank:

Listen to you you sad old man. "Those who support Muslims" "those with Muslim sympathies" etc etc. Haven't you got that not all of us are bombers yet? Or is that what your "vast life experience" has shown you? If so, I wonder what you were doing experiencing terrorist training camps, since that's the only place on Earth you could've "experienced" the nonsense you're spouting. What does that say for your sympathies? Get used to us Leazes, we're here to stay.

As for spelling, well, when you live and work here, went to school here, lost points for using the "wrong" spelling of words, you learn to adapt. So I see your "born and bred" comment Stevie and I won't dispute the "bred" part. We are what we are.

Like color instead of colour? If that was me I would go all Hungerford on that school. You didn't complain??? They aren't even a proper fuckin country, and they're saying your spelling English versions of words wrong. Remind them they'd be speaking Kraut or Jap if it wasn't for us, I wouldn't care most proper people know fuck all about their history, while I've read our history is high on their educational agenda, as it should be for the whole world, and they're telling you, you're spelling words incorrectly in authentic English. What a fuckin wank country.

Edited by Stevie

So, Leazes's response to my well-reasoned and logical posts was "you're a yank, fuck off." Brilliant :D Your response to try to prove you aren't just a bitter, uneducated xenophobe with an inexplicable grudge against anyone not English is "well you're not from my country so nothing you say could possibly be accurate." Jog on you old loon :wank:

Listen to you you sad old man. "Those who support Muslims" "those with Muslim sympathies" etc etc. Haven't you got that not all of us are bombers yet? Or is that what your "vast life experience" has shown you? If so, I wonder what you were doing experiencing terrorist training camps, since that's the only place on Earth you could've "experienced" the nonsense you're spouting. What does that say for your sympathies? Get used to us Leazes, we're here to stay.

As for spelling, well, when you live and work here, went to school here, lost points for using the "wrong" spelling of words, you learn to adapt. So I see your "born and bred" comment Stevie and I won't dispute the "bred" part. We are what we are.

Like color instead of colour? If that was me I would go all Hungerford on that school. You didn't complain??? They aren't even a proper fuckin country, and they're saying your spelling English versions of words wrong. Remind them they'd be speaking Kraut or Jap if it wasn't for us, I wouldn't care most proper people know fuck all about their history, while I've read our history is high on their educational agenda, as it should be for the whole world, and they're telling you, you're spelling words incorrectly in authentic English. What a fuckin wank country.

GraemeSouness_566271.jpg

Hate to say it Stevie but the reason "American English" is different is because it hasn't changed at all - words used to be spelled color etc when the colonies were populated but since then we started to add Us.

I Still think they're wrong on "Aluminum" but the other stuff, though worthy of piss taking, is a bit of a daft argument.

Hate to say it Stevie but the reason "American English" is different is because it hasn't changed at all - words used to be spelled color etc when the colonies were populated but since then we started to add Us.

I Still think they're wrong on "Aluminum" but the other stuff, though worthy of piss taking, is a bit of a daft argument.

I don't know if that's true or not, but regardless if it is or isn't, they're still cunts.

Ever been to the USA for any prolonged period of time Stevie?

No but I've been on an American Army base in Yorkshire. Mind when they were collecting money on a daily basis in Boston for the IRA?

Aye, those were the days.

So you hate the place so strongly yet you've never even been there, strange.

Yeah I'm pretty sure many of the tortured and murdered inmates at Guantanamo Bay had annual visits to their country retreats in Wyoming too.

I don't know if that's true or not, but regardless if it is or isn't, they're still cunts.

I've met cunts of quite a few nationalities with the exception of Yanks - met a few and they've all been sound. Your generalisations aren't that bad normally and i agree with a lot of them up to a point but I think you've got Americans wrong.

This is true, for instance using ize instead of ise is actually more faithful to olde english. Aluminium is a bit of anomaly where they're clearly in the wrong though, from a scientific point of view.

It's actually a bit surprising to me that the languages haven't diverged more during this time frame, I mean, is there a single example where any genuine confusion could be had? I assume Stevie is taking the piss and needlessly sabre rattling here, anyone who has genuine issues regarding US English would have to be more than a bit sad.

Any generalisations about a country made up of 300m people or whatever or every colour, relgion and race under the sun are bound to be bit er, general. As for US English, it just makes sense really, doesn't it? They just spell words like they actually sound.

As for US English, it just makes sense really, doesn't it? They just spell words like they actually sound.

I still get an automatic "that's wrong" response when I see something like "traveling" but on the whole I agree with Renton on divergence. I get the impression though that American is more "standard" by region even allowing for accents - I'm not sure how many regional dialect words like "scran" they use.

I still think English people who use "ass" should be hanged for treason though.

As for US English, it just makes sense really, doesn't it? They just spell words like they actually sound.

I still get an automatic "that's wrong" response when I see something like "traveling" but on the whole I agree with Renton on divergence. I get the impression though that American is more "standard" by region even allowing for accents - I'm not sure how many regional dialect words like "scran" they use.

I still think English people who use "ass" should be hanged for treason though.

Even Charles Dickens?

Any generalisations about a country made up of 300m people or whatever or every colour, relgion and race under the sun are bound to be bit er, general. As for US English, it just makes sense really, doesn't it? They just spell words like they actually sound.

Diaper?

Diaper?

Bless you.

By the way, one thing that does irritate me is there is a movement to standardise all drug names to the 'Recommended International Non-poprietary Name (rINN)' system. I accept it is possibly necessary, but I don't care if it is phonetic (or should that be fonetic), sulphur spelt as sulfur looks fucked up to me. It could be that eventually paracetamol will have to be called acetominophen. Most interesting is adrenaline which US medics and pharmacologists call epinephrine. Does that mean we will have an epinephrine rush and epinephrine junkies?

By the way, one thing that does irritate me is there is a movement to standardise all drug names to the 'Recommended International Non-poprietary Name (rINN)' system. I accept it is possibly necessary, but I don't care if it is phonetic (or should that be fonetic), sulphur spelt as sulfur looks fucked up to me. It could be that eventually paracetamol will have to be called acetominophen. Most interesting is adrenaline which US medics and pharmacologists call epinephrine. Does that mean we will have an epinephrine rush and epinephrine junkies?

Whatever, Poindexter.

I was warned of the move to Sulfur a few years ago - and it does annoy me.

I suppose watching a load of medical dramas which call for a "shot of Epi stat" has meant the latter doesn't seem too bad.