Leicester City v Newcastle United

Nobby

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta say Aanholt has been much better in 2nd half

Gotta say you're a cunt. He was our best player in the first half as well you tit of a human being. People like you make me embarrassed to support NUFC.

Dear oh dear, for the first time I'm starting to feel like we might not go up. Nolan and Butt, they were a disgrace fuckin disgrace, both look like they're finished. Although we know Butt is, it might be a seasonal thing for Nolan as he was this shit 12 month ago.

Absolutely wank my marks.

Harper 6

Ryan Taylor 5

van Aanholt 8

Williams 7

Coloccini 7

Routledge 6

Guthrie 4

Butt 3

Smith 4

Nolan 3

Carroll 4

Pancrate 5

Ranger 5

Hughton 1

We are fuckin shit!

Hughton showed his complete ineptiude tonight in being able to read the game and influence it with substitions and tactics.

It was plain to see that Leicester were tiring and with a few players on bookings what better time to bring Gutierrez on? If he was nursing a knock then he shouldnt of been on the bench.

Routledge looks a real good player but time after time we didng look to release him, it was far to late when we actually moved Guthrie into the middle and bringing Pancrate on (who did ok) just wiped out the threat we had in Routledge by putting him on the left.

Frustrating frustrating frustrating!

Harper: 6 Not much to do.

Raylor: 6 Awful 1st half but improved in 2nd with a few defensive blocks and a few decent balls into the box

Williamson: 7 Solid, looks a good signing!

Coloccini: 7 Solid, didnt put a foot wrong.

Van Aanholt: 7 Shakey start but good going forward, quick, couple of good balls into box and 2 good strikes!

Routledge: 7 Done well when on ball, didnt see enough of it...should of passed to Carroll though when he shot from tight angle.

Guthrie: 6 Cant hold his position outwide, didnt do enough.

Butt: 3 Fuckin awful...gave the ball away far too many times...really is finished...worrying that Hughton doesnt see it!

Smith: 5 Poor by his standards but Butt should of been subbed not him.

Nolan: 5 Done fuck all, slow and sluggish.

Carroll: 6 Busy but was poor in general.

Ranger: 5 Fuckin awful touch and really should of done better with his header.

Pancrate: 6 Lively but scared to run at defenders and looked clueless when on the ball.

God knows how we are still top, really shows how shit this league is!

I honestly think our poor performance and shit brand of football is down to Hughtons lack of motivational skills and really poor tactical nouse. He's done ok but i hope to fuckin god when we go up (i still believe we will) he HAS to be replaced with a better standard of manager if we are going to insure we dont fall back into the league of shit again.

Not fuckin happy. :)

We are fuckin shit!

Hughton showed his complete ineptiude tonight in being able to read the game and influence it with substitions and tactics.

It was plain to see that Leicester were tiring and with a few players on bookings what better time to bring Gutierrez on? If he was nursing a knock then he shouldnt of been on the bench.

Routledge looks a real good player but time after time we didng look to release him, it was far to late when we actually moved Guthrie into the middle and bringing Pancrate on (who did ok) just wiped out the threat we had in Routledge by putting him on the left.

Raylor: 6 Awful 1st half but improved in 2nd with a few defensive blocks and a few decent balls into the box

Van Aanholt: 7 Shakey start but good going forward, quick, couple of good balls into box and 2 good strikes!

Routledge: 7 Done well when on ball, didnt see enough of it...should of passed to Carroll though when he shot from tight angle.

Butt: 3 Fuckin awful...gave the ball away far too many times...really is finished...worrying that Hughton doesnt see it!

Pancrate: 6 Lively but scared to run at defenders and looked clueless when on the ball.

I honestly think our poor performance and shit brand of football is down to Hughtons lack of motivational skills and really poor tactical nouse. He's done ok but i hope to fuckin god when we go up (i still believe we will) he HAS to be replaced with a better standard of manager if we are going to insure we dont fall back into the league of shit again.

Infact he looked scared at the end. Frozen.

We are fuckin shit!

The ratings were a bit high but other than that - Perfect.

Pathetic

There were periods in the second half that looked like they were going to come out winners.

Not enough ball retention.

Too many give the ball away passes.

More often than not Routledge lost the ball when he tried to carry it forward.

The Dutch boy at left back had a decent game and came closest to scoring.

Opinion of Hughton's managerial capabilities sank deeper, starting line-up and substitutions were questionable.

Where were Kadar and Lovenkrands?

Raylor was poor, most of his crosses went to blue shirts.

Colo and Williamson were steady.

Butt, what can I say about him?

For the league leaders to play an hour against 10 men and not score doesn't speak highly of their prowess.

I'm happy we didn't lose, pissed off we didn't win.

Pathetic

There were periods in the second half that looked like they were going to come out winners.

Not enough ball retention.

Too many give the ball away passes.

More often than not Routledge lost the ball when he tried to carry it forward.

The Dutch boy at left back had a decent game and came closest to scoring.

Opinion of Hughton's managerial capabilities sank deeper, starting line-up and substitutions were questionable.

Where were Kadar and Lovenkrands?

Raylor was poor, most of his crosses went to blue shirts.

Colo and Williamson were steady.

Butt, what can I say about him?

For the league leaders to play an hour against 10 men and not score doesn't speak highly of their prowess.

I'm happy we didn't lose, pissed off we didn't win.

One of the better defences of the league tbh.

Routledge was wasted, making good runs and wanting the ball in return, he's an intelligent player but in this team?

2/3 games like this and I wonder if he'll get fucked off with it and stop bothring...As you say his movement was excellent. He must be in shock how shit we really are.

19 year old one month loanee was clearly our best player. Worrying indeed. Came closest to scoring, put in the best cross of the game and saved what would otherwise have been a goal for Leicester.

Other than that Hughton has had a shocker. I can only assume that Jonas was there for no reason other than to fill a bench seat. He would have been the perfect player for this match and no doubt would have linked up nicely with van Aanholt down the left hand channel. As it was Guthrie was yet again forced to play out of position but this time on his much less favoured left hand side WTF Chris? Nicky Butt and Alan Smith in central midfield - what a creative duo that was WTF Chris? Together they couldn;t seem to muster the average contribution you'd expect from a central midfielder. Hughton should have removed one or both of them MUCH MUCH earlier in the match - ie. as soon as they were down to 10 men.

Another depressing watch. Put some players into the team who can fucking pass a ball Chris, and then some players who like to run into space. We've now got the players in our side, so use them properly. Lumping the ball forward to Carroll does very little except turn over possession and frustrate the supporters. Stop our players from doing it all the time. Having some players with a little urgency on the ball may go a way towards doing that.

Onto the good things - Williamson was solid, the previously mentioned van Aanholt was good, and Routledge looks like he's added some pace and ability on the ball (as well as some good off the ball runs). So our three new players were the best of a very poor bunch.

Edited by OzToonFan

I would have started Lovenkrands instead of Nolan

I would have started Kadar instead of Raylor.

I would have stated Jonas or Pancrate instead of Butt.

But what do I know other than Hughton is getting it wrong. :)

Whats with all the moaning? These things happen. Leicester were determined and resolute.

We have kept 18 clean sheets this season and are 6 points clear of 3rd - and thats after the recent sticky patch. We are doing a lot better than most expected this season (including me).

Random thoughts:

Routledge and Van Aahnolt will be wasted in that team - they are too much like footballers - though Guttierez would help and I assume he was injured.

Williamson looked okay.

Carroll is starting to bug me as much as Shola - he struts around like he thinks he's a good player and he just fucking isn't.

Smith has gone way off the boil lately.

Those praising Leicester's fight which is fair enough should realise that most teams will do the same from now on in - my obvious worry is that we simply don't create chances to win games.

Forgot to add - if we'd had that ref in the home game against West Brom we'd have beaten them but that's something else we'll have to get used to.

Edited by NJS