The great cold snap of 2009/2010

Guest Insider

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the snow hit before Christmas we had friends coming over from Germany for the weekend who didn't make it because their flight got put back by three days thanks to Gatwick and Easyjet incompetence.

We have friends from Norway who are scheduled to arrive into Gatwick tomorrow night... and the runway's closed so fuck only knows if they'll make it or not.

The lesson is clear: never make friends.

Foot and a half of snow forcast for Reading, they've already had loads and i'm due to go back there for uni on Sunday :icon_lol:

I thought you were about 45 gannin off your taste in music :D

The only shocking planning is from any individual making a non-critical journey knowing full well what the conditions are.

Considering they took the decision to close my office and ask us to go home, I'm struggling to think what else you expected me to do except get on the road?

As for first time in my lifetime, well that's bollocks. It's about the 5th or 6th but lets not forget it came 15 days after the last one.

Can't say for the whole of the country but the authorities in Hampshire are stating they would have ploughed the roads had they not been full. The idea of staggering closures of the motorway while they cleared that section would have helped without a doubt.

When the snow hit before Christmas we had friends coming over from Germany for the weekend who didn't make it because their flight got put back by three days thanks to Gatwick and Easyjet incompetence.

We have friends from Norway who are scheduled to arrive into Gatwick tomorrow night... and the runway's closed so fuck only knows if they'll make it or not.

The lesson is clear: never make friends.

Been trying to get out of Hamburg for about 3 days now. :D

I don't know what the craic is in England but over here the DOE claim that they've no duty to grit the roads and do it out of the goodness of their hearts from their budget surplus.

I don't know what the craic is in England but over here the DOE claim that they've no duty to grit the roads and do it out of the goodness of their hearts from their budget surplus.

What a bunch of wankers! :D

And if they got stuck on an ungritted road, I bet they'd be the first to moan!

The only shocking planning is from any individual making a non-critical journey knowing full well what the conditions are.

Considering they took the decision to close my office and ask us to go home, I'm struggling to think what else you expected me to do except get on the road?

As for first time in my lifetime, well that's bollocks. It's about the 5th or 6th but lets not forget it came 15 days after the last one.

Can't say for the whole of the country but the authorities in Hampshire are stating they would have ploughed the roads had they not been full. The idea of staggering closures of the motorway while they cleared that section would have helped without a doubt.

I never said your journey wasn't necessary.

Savages.

Estimated cost to the economy is currently £690m.

About a third of what people pulling sickies costs every single year then.

Aye, but one third of the cost of people pulling sickies every year is a hell of lot of money though.

Foot and a half of snow forcast for Reading, they've already had loads and i'm due to go back there for uni on Sunday :angry:

Christ, you're at Reading uni?

Unlucky. ;)

There's about 2 feet of snow here now.

:icon_lol:

Exams have all been pushed back because of the snow. It should be a fun weekend carting all my stuff down there, anyway. <_<

Always seemed daft to me that universities with semesters (have they all gone that way now?) have exams more or less straight after Xmas. Surely it would be better to have them before the Xmas holidays.