Praise the Lord

smoggeordie

Him and Owen pretty much kept us up under Keegan.

They did have a really good partnership like.

Played Owen some actually decent balls rather than the rubbish served last season.

Was probably the player in our side who could best cross a ball, however you're never going to score off a cross that doesn't happen because the player wasn't able to get to the ball before a defender.

Poor bastards who have signed him - though I bet he'll have a good African Cup of Nations. That's a huge chunk off the wages, and it appears that they're actually giving us some money as well? Astounding. The power of him having played for Real Madrid and Chelsea I guess!

nice...

not that i want to see the squad get thinner but butt needs to go next...

No chance of that happening unfortunately. I'd welcome his exit as well. I'd prefer to see Guthrie alongside Nolan than Butt. Even though he seems like a logical replacement for Smith when he's not available he annoys me with his lack of running and in general his complete lack of use in attack (and the way he always seems to go into slow motion when he first gets a ball). Not having to see his flighted chips into the box/across the field ever again would make me very happy.

:D

Though anyone here would have gladly accepted the sale of Geremi.

No doubt. I have no problem whatsoever with getting rid of Geremi as he's an expensive bench warmer. However, as predicted, it hasn't taken long for another public statement from the club to be exposed as a lie. A lie that will only be forgiveable if the £60,000 a week reduction in the wage bill secured by the deal is reinvested in the first team to ensure we can compete in the Premier League next year.

I won't hold my breath.

Pleased about this! Though some say this weakens our squad, it doesnt really, he brought us nothing other than cover and im more than happy for young lua-lua to step up as cover now.

The 60k off the wagebook is significant though, i mean thats over 3mil a year!

Others are a bit worried we wont have money to spend but i reckon if a decent player comes available then we will make a move.

I still expect Kilgallon to come even if he is now effectivly cup tied, a permanent deal for simpson, and possibly beckford.

Id love to see us make a move for Mcgugan of forest or ledley.

I still think in an ideal world he is/was a canny player/decent squad member though at the moment, especially with the African cup, this deal looks like good business - though that would be completely spoiled if no midfielders are signed.

Cameroon midfielder Geremi remains a Newcastle player despite Turkish club Ankaragucu claiming to have signed the midfielder.

The 31-year-old did travel to Turkey to speak to the club and was photographed there.

However, despite Ankaragucu's official website claiming he had agreed an 18-month deal, it is understood that Geremi is still on the books at St James' Park, where officials were mystified by the announcement.

The former Real Madrid, Chelsea and Middlesbrough player is due to meet up with his international team-mates next week ahead of the African Nations Cup in Angola.

But sources close to him insist he is still looking for a new club after finding himself surplus to requirements on Tyneside in recent months.

Geremi is one of the club's remaining high earners and as boss Chris Hughton attempts to close in on his January targets - the names of Leeds' FA Cup hero Jermaine Beckford and Sheffield United defender Matt Kilgallon appear high on his list - his removal from the wage bill would free up extra funds.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...5831136,00.html?

Wow that's great news!!!!

He's an amazing player and I'd be absolutely gutted if he was to leave. He'd absolutely carve it up in the Turkish Super League. There is no doubt about that!