Filter Coffee

LeazesMag

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of these LM

hob-espresso-percolator.jpg

ok, this ? Does it take filter coffee or beans, will it make 1 cup and how do you clean it out etc ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bialetti-Moka-Expr...r/dp/B0000AN3QI

Don't put it in the dishwasher, aluminium don't like it.

fuck me, I'd forgotten about this. Will get one.

Whats the best size to get, I'm the only one that will drink it. Will it keep if I get one that makes multiple cups

NO!!!!!!

Don't get that LM, the metal and the coffee react making it acidic and is bad for your tummy.

Get a filter coffee maker, the paper takes out most of the acid from the coffee and it isn't a kerfuffle like this monstrosity.

One of these LM

ok, this ? Does it take filter coffee or beans, will it make 1 cup and how do you clean it out etc ?

Whats the best size to get, I'm the only one that will drink it. Will it keep if I get one that makes multiple cups

NO!!!!!!

Don't get that LM, the metal and the coffee react making it acidic and is bad for your tummy.

Get a filter coffee maker, the paper takes out most of the acid from the coffee and it isn't a kerfuffle like this monstrosity.

I'm still using a filter machine with a washable nylon ? filter [instead of using paper]

This is the point of the post mate, to get it to taste like it does when the professionals do it.

One of these LM

NO!!!!!!

I'm still using a filter machine with a washable nylon ? filter [instead of using paper]

This is the point of the post mate, to get it to taste like it does when the professionals do it.

Use paper, unbleached and a good quality filter coffee. All that capucinno bollocks is about froth and whatnot, makes no differance to the taste one bit. The taste is all to do with the coffee and the roast darkness you buy and secondly the water you use. Friend of mine uses still mountain water which doesn't hamper the flavour of the coffee. You can get the same result with a Brita for the water you will use for coffee.

One of these LM

NO!!!!!!

Use paper, unbleached and a good quality filter coffee. All that capucinno bollocks is about froth and whatnot, makes no differance to the taste one bit. The taste is all to do with the coffee and the roast darkness you buy and secondly the water you use. Friend of mine uses still mountain water which doesn't hamper the flavour of the coffee. You can get the same result with a Brita for the water you will use for coffee.

I've been using Lavazza Rossa since I started this thread, but in the machine described above ie nylon washable filter

One of these LM

NO!!!!!!

I've been using Lavazza Rossa since I started this thread, but in the machine described above ie nylon washable filter

Switch to paper. It takes out most of the coffee acid, leaving it a touch smoother. The nylon filter will do fuck all apart from stopping the grounds.

Whats wrong with a cafetiere by the way? I use a saucepan to boil my water, 4 massive spoons of Carte Noire, mix, plunge, drink.

Am i doing it wrong?

Again the metal reacts with the coffee and produces acid and also the alkaloids (or summink) from the coffee is also not good for you.

Using a filter takes a lot of the nasty stuff out (acid, coffee alkaloids) etc..

Cafetiere is a road to an early death.

It's made of glass though.

The press bit (the mesh) that goes through the coffee, is that glass as well?? :jesuswept:

I'm actually quite annoyed you had to point that out tbh Parky.

Chez you wanker.

It's made of glass though.

The press bit (the mesh) that goes through the coffee, is that glass as well?? :icon_lol:

I'm actually quite annoyed you had to point that out tbh Parky.

Chez you wanker.

:icon_lol:

Quik edit. :jesuswept: