The F1 2010 thread

Craig

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You honestly believe that Ferrari will qualify outside of 107% of the pole sitter's time"

no - becasue if by some mischance they did the rules would be bent to allow them some slack...................

there was a story on the beeb today for a very short time that some motor racing honcho in the USA said that F1 was "boring"

it sems to have disapeared ... I wonder why

I see the wikiwarrior is still desperately searching for a rule change.

I don't bother dear boy - it will happen whatever you think...............

There is two possible explanations here:

Either Hamilton wasn't quite sure what to do and hesitated for a fraction of a second before deciding to pass the safety car;

or:

He knew exactly what he was doing and wanted to ease off for a fraction of a second to make sure he got past the safety car in time but the Ferrari's couldn't, and got it wrong.

"You honestly believe that Ferrari will qualify outside of 107% of the pole sitter's time"

no - becasue if by some mischance they did the rules would be bent to allow them some slack...................

Rob, let me put this in black and white for you. For today's race, Vettel qualified on pole in 1min 37.587sec. To qualify under the new ruling, each driver would have had to qualify within 107% of that time - that would be 1min 44.418 sec. Bruno Senna qualified last for today's race in 1min 42.851sec.

Are you getting it now? :lol:

Rob, let me put this in black and white for you. For today's race, Vettel qualified on pole in 1min 37.587sec. To qualify under the new ruling, each driver would have had to qualify within 107% of that time - that would be 1min 44.418 sec. Bruno Senna qualified last for today's race in 1min 42.851sec.

Are you getting it now? :lol:

And Regarding bending the rule for Ferrari: The last time the 107% was in use they would still let a driver start from the back if he had got under the 107% time during the practice sessions then had a problem in qualifying. In Monaco this year Alonso had been the fastest in thursday practice so would have been allowed to start from the back or the pit-lane despite wrecking his car before qualifying.

Also, bearing in mind you think the rules are twisted to suit Ferrari, what did you think of Hamilton passing the safety car and only getting a stop-go which put him in second, whilst Alonso obeyed the rules putting him down to tenth after sitting behind the safety car for a lap?

I'm not beyond using this place for a bit of shameless self promotion and that's just what I'm going to do :rolleyes:

I've knocked together an article for Red Bull for a contest they're running. Basically the writer of the 'best' article will gets an all expenses paid trip to Silverstone next weekend to do a bit of reporting for Red Bull's newsletter and another motor sport publication. Any poor sod that has known me for any length of time will know this particular opportunity is more exciting to me than an evening of drug fuelled passion with Cheryl Cole, hence the reason I've been reduced to grovelling on here for help :D

All I ask of you is that you log onto the website and rate my article as highly as you possibly can. Unfortunately you have to sign up which I know is a pain but I'd really, really appreciate it. If our paths ever cross I'll buy you a pint/allow you to have your wicked way with me (delete as applicable). Yes, even you Rob.

The link to my piece is below:

http://www.redbullreporter.com/2010/06/for...-season-review/

Once again cheers :)