Marlon Harewood

snakehips

Certainly when he left the pitch yesterday it looked as though he was waving farewell - seemed pretty cut up about it too.

Boo fuckin' hoo...

Fucking hell man he's scored 5 goals in 8 starts... :(

Why does he command such vitriol and Carroll, who's scored 4 in 14 starts doesn't? <_<

Certainly when he left the pitch yesterday it looked as though he was waving farewell - seemed pretty cut up about it too.

Boo fuckin' hoo...

Why does he command such vitriol and Carroll, who's scored 4 in 14 starts doesn't? <_<

Because Carroll is good.

Boo fuckin' hoo...

Because Carroll is good.

He does alright in the Championship - he's paid to score goals like Harewood is. Both are doing what they're paid to do so I don't understand what people are expecting and not getting out of Goomba.

IMO because Carroll is local, has more potential and works harder on the pitch.

Harewood is putting them away though(shocking miss where he stood on the ball 1 yard out, however!). We're fairly well stocked for this level up front though. Pancake, McLovin, Carroll, Ranger and Shola all look capable. If we do get promoted, I'd hope we look at a better calibre than Harewood.

I grown to like old clamphead. I mean, if we went up, I wouldn't touch him with a shitty stick and we're well stocked in the area that we could probably do without him until May but he's been far from a disaster IMO.

I concur. One of his first performances was petulant in the extreme and many fans seem to have held that against him but since he's been good.

He gets called lazy, which baffles the living daylights out of me because while he's not willing to chase everything like a labrador puppy he puts a decent shift in. I don't expect our strikers to go after every wayward hoof, if they did they'd be blowing out of their arse after 30 minutes.

I don't think we have any strikers who will cut it in the premiership, apart from Ranger when he is older

I reckon Carroll could be a decent bit part player. Certainly an option from the bench to rough some defences up. He has a bit og the Niall Quinns about him. He'd score 10 goals in any league he plays in.

I could be convinced either way about keeping him until the end of the season or letting him go now. Definitely don't want him next season. Next season we'll need to bring in a decent premier league quality striker capable of scoring 15-20 goals to anchor our other permanent striking options.

I don't think we have any strikers who will cut it in the premiership, apart from Ranger when he is older

I reckon Carroll could be a decent bit part player. Certainly an option from the bench to rough some defences up. He has a bit og the Niall Quinns about him. He'd score 10 goals in any league he plays in.

He's not as intelligent as Niall Quinn was, nowhere near it.

Boo fuckin' hoo...

:lol: Fuckin' hell! I didn't realise that. With those stats, the argument about extending his loan 'til the end of the season is hard to counter.

He's not as intelligent as Niall Quinn was, nowhere near it.

He's more Duncan Ferguson (with the police record to prove it).

half way there... <_<

Not expecting too much from Harewood to be honest :/ good squad player and i guess time will tell how he performs for us in this league.

Something tells me he will be fantastic for us.

(a good post for someone to chuck at me if he is crap :( )

i say he will get at least 10 goals this season...

He gets called lazy, which baffles the living daylights out of me because while he's not willing to chase everything like a labrador puppy he puts a decent shift in. I don't expect our strikers to go after every wayward hoof, if they did they'd be blowing out of their arse after 30 minutes.

A good point well made. Better to have a striker who looks lazy, but has the energy to score a goal when required that one who expends loads of energy chasing down impossible balls, and heading on to noone ( :( ) who is then buggered when they get the ball in a good scoring position.

People will scoff, but if we go up and someone could convince Mark Viduka to sign on a pay as you play style arrangement he'd be a good aquisition. He knows the area and the team, plus in terms of ability on the ball he's a class above anyone we've got or could realistically hope to get. Obviously in some kind of mid-retirement limbo at the moment, but I'd dare say he could be convinced to play some sort of bit part.

/pipedreams

A good point well made. Better to have a striker who looks lazy, but has the energy to score a goal when required that one who expends loads of energy chasing down impossible balls, and heading on to noone ( :( ) who is then buggered when they get the ball in a good scoring position.

People will scoff, but if we go up and someone could convince Mark Viduka to sign on a pay as you play style arrangement he'd be a good aquisition. He knows the area and the team, plus in terms of ability on the ball he's a class above anyone we've got or could realistically hope to get. Obviously in some kind of mid-retirement limbo at the moment, but I'd dare say he could be convinced to play some sort of bit part.

/pipedreams

Just how far have we dropped when the extent of our pipedreams is to tempt a fat bloke away from retirement and the pie shop?

As for Harewood, hes far too soft, too easily beaten to a ball and even if he gets there first hes knocked off it with a subbutteo flick. At the same time, we cant afford to be too choosy, in the next day or so Carroll is in court and could be the next jailbird on our books. Shola looks like hes down and out everytime he goes to tie his laces and personally, Im yet to be convinced by Ranger, he runs a lot but not shown anything of real substance during his first team stints.