Kris Boyd a target

blackandwhiteboy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who question whether his goalscoring record is all that because it's in the SPL, the standard there really isn't much different from the championship. People tend to look at the small crowds and lack of money, but there are still some some very good players in that league and Boyd is one of them. The main problem with him is that he needs to play with a hard working striker alongside him, as he's no good on his own or as a target-man, and he needs a good midfield that are going to create chances for him, as, while he is a very clinical finisher, he can't make things for himself

Christ, the standard of top league Scottish football must have changed a fair bit since I lived up there in the mid 90s, they had Larsson, Laudrup and Gazza there then and it was still fairly shite overall. Celtic and Rangers were the only half decent teams at the time and I can't imagine that's changed much, they had an easy time of it because the rest of the teams seemed to be equivalent to our old third division, old second division at best. :icon_lol:

For those who question whether his goalscoring record is all that because it's in the SPL, the standard there really isn't much different from the championship. People tend to look at the small crowds and lack of money, but there are still some some very good players in that league and Boyd is one of them. The main problem with him is that he needs to play with a hard working striker alongside him, as he's no good on his own or as a target-man, and he needs a good midfield that are going to create chances for him, as, while he is a very clinical finisher, he can't make things for himself

Christ, the standard of top league Scottish football must have changed a fair bit since I lived up there in the mid 90s, they had Larsson, Laudrup and Gazza there then and it was still fairly shite overall. Celtic and Rangers were the only half decent teams at the time and I can't imagine that's changed much, they had an easy time of it because the rest of the teams seemed to be equivalent to our old third division, old second division at best. :icon_lol:

I'm not saying it's great, but we've all seen the amount of rubbish in this league. Most SPL sides aren't markedly worse, and even if the overall standard isn't amazing, there are lots of individuals who could play at a much higher level. And I think Steven Fletcher at Burnley this season have proved that SPL strikers can cut it in the Premiership, and he certainly isn't the finisher Boyd is. I'd say he'd be less of a gamble than Beckford.

Edited by toon_don

chopra has ok pace, but thats it, hes not particularly sharp, unlikely to get away from any defenders with a bit of speed themselves which probably isnt an issue in the CCC but if/when we go up hes right back to being just average

chopra has ok pace, but thats it, hes not particularly sharp, unlikely to get away from any defenders with a bit of speed themselves which probably isnt an issue in the CCC but if/when we go up hes right back to being just average

yeah good point...he looked very sharpe when he had that spell at the start of the season.i want to gamble on beckford to be honest

I wouldn't say Chopra has pace like...

please tell me your joking..

I wouldn't see his pace as a defining attribute to be honest and what pace he does have he doesn't utilise it.

I wouldn't say Chopra has pace like...

please tell me your joking..

I wouldn't see his pace as a defining attribute to be honest and what pace he does have he doesn't utilise it.

look at the goals he has scored this season he plays so well on the last defender..he is quick over the first 10 yards..a poacher in my book