It's Snowing!

2bias

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All hell broke loose today - the ex called me to say she'd been sent home at 1pm and that she was picking the nipper up from holiday club early as conditions were 'hazardous'. At 3pm she still hadn't got to her and it was only 2 miles away!!

Rung me at 4pm to say she'd got her but that she was abandoning the car there as it was too dangerous. Thought I'd heed the warning so jumped in my car and headed the 47 miles (95% motorway) home. I got in the door at 10.30!!!

6½ hours on the M25 / M3 and not one gritter or snow plough in sight - nor had they been out either as at one point I got out and realised the motorway had about an inch of compacted ice on top of it. :(

Snow awai!

good 3 inches last night. Managed up to anderson drive in aberdeen, police told me to go back.

Called the boss, told me just to hang on till it gets light. So a bit of COD sounds good to me. :(

Did the same route back to work this morning - total time 1hr! :(

Also took a couple of calls off people who live a couple of miles away saying they're not coming to work because of the snow. Both presumed I never went home considering the press coverage Basingstoke is getting this morning... Fools.

Snow awai!

good 3 inches last night. Managed up to anderson drive in aberdeen, police told me to go back.

Called the boss, told me just to hang on till it gets light. So a bit of COD sounds good to me. :(

Roads seem all right now. Just the traffic going to try heading in soon I think. Should be all right coming home later I would think.

Made it in nae bother. After the roads had be cleared and the traffic gone. :(

Work mate who starts at ten had no bother.

However its snowing like mad at the moment. Said to the boss she should be sending us home. <_<

All hell broke loose today - the ex called me to say she'd been sent home at 1pm and that she was picking the nipper up from holiday club early as conditions were 'hazardous'. At 3pm she still hadn't got to her and it was only 2 miles away!!

Rung me at 4pm to say she'd got her but that she was abandoning the car there as it was too dangerous. Thought I'd heed the warning so jumped in my car and headed the 47 miles (95% motorway) home. I got in the door at 10.30!!!

6½ hours on the M25 / M3 and not one gritter or snow plough in sight - nor had they been out either as at one point I got out and realised the motorway had about an inch of compacted ice on top of it. :(

Sounds familiar, left Newbury at 2.15pm. Got to junction 12 of M4 by 3.00pm, reached a queue on the A4 ten mins later and it took until 9.15pm to do the three miles to my house.

Seven hours to do less than 25 miles or in truth 6 hours to do 3 miles.

I'm working from home today.

More heavy snow in Durham last night and this morning, can't remember the last time we had a White Christmas :icon_lol:

Drizzling in Newcastle now though, I reckon it's going to clear by tomorrow. Typical, I would have preferred to have been snowed in on Christmas and Boxing day, rather than the week before. <_<

• 1 month later...