It's Snowing!

2bias

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been snowing for the last couple of days here. For those who complain about Britain 'grinding to a halt' when we get a smattering of snow, you'll be pleased to hear that Paris was at a standstill yesterday. My mate spent 5 hours in the car, 3 trying to get to work and 2 giving up and going home. Trains cancelled, metros on random service, gridlock on the roads.

We had about 2 inches if that.

Its been snowing for the last couple of days here. For those who complain about Britain 'grinding to a halt' when we get a smattering of snow, you'll be pleased to hear that Paris was at a standstill yesterday. My mate spent 5 hours in the car, 3 trying to get to work and 2 giving up and going home. Trains cancelled, metros on random service, gridlock on the roads.

We had about 2 inches if that.

How can someone travel 3 hours from home, turn around and drive 2 hours and be at home again? Does your mate drive a delorean by any chance? :lol:

Edited by ajax_andy

How can someone travel 3 hours from home, turn around and drive 2 hours and be at home again? Does your mate drive a delorean by any chance? :lol:

I don't think you've thought that through :(

How can someone travel 3 hours from home, turn around and drive 2 hours and be at home again? Does your mate drive a delorean by any chance? :(

I don't think you've thought that through <_<

:(

Watford's full of fucking puffs as I'd expected (no offence Martin :icon_lol:) some of them are justifying not getting in their cars to drive 3 miles to the office on the grounds that it must be bad because GMTV used Watford as it's 'outside snow broadcast' this morning..... :lol:

How can someone travel 3 hours from home, turn around and drive 2 hours and be at home again? Does your mate drive a delorean by any chance? <_<

I don't think you've thought that through :icon_lol:

:(

Watford's full of fucking puffs as I'd expected (no offence Martin :icon_lol:) some of them are justifying not getting in their cars to drive 3 miles to the office on the grounds that it must be bad because GMTV used Watford as it's 'outside snow broadcast' this morning..... :lol:

A friend of mine on Facebook posted something about how we should respect her husband and his colleagues for working all night to keep Stansted open. Just after posting about how she's staying home from work all day because she can't walk on snowy pavements. :(

Ok now its a bit mental. "Just" manged to get home after some creative driving/skiing. I live in a valley so coming downhill is always an adventure! Not sure about getting back up like, hope it clears before the morra.

Hope they don't call the match off!

That said it's like the battle of hoth in Durham...(Just minus anything spacey, so really just ''snowy'')

Aye it is. Mind you, sure I saw a hoth monster in the Village earlier...

Had a lot of it fall last night and into this morning. Started my journey into work, but a 5 minute drive to the next village took me 20 minutes so I rang in and said I wouldn't be able to make it. Turns out the Police were turning people back just down the road anyway. Drove nice and slowly home, but did slide and end up sideways in the road which would have been much worse had I been going any faster.

The dog seems to like it, mind!

13858_1230901145697_1624170005_571397_1601794_n.jpg