The good and bad takeaways of Newcastle & Gateshead

ajax_andy

A cunning plan there Alex. :P

Does your surname begin with B?

Nah. I live in Forest Hall though. From 'Burrie' originally :P

Used to be a good chippy in Palmersville. The Chinees in FH was pretty rank as I remember (the one up near the school) though he did sell mars bars :razz:

The Chippy is still there, still good.

The Toxic Takeaway is also still serving E-Coli to it's happy customers.

• 1 year later...

I live in Ryton and seem to find it hard to find a decent Chinese takeaway.

So I thought i'd create a thread where everyone can recommend takeaways to go to or avoid due to bad experiences from where they live.

Where would you recommend in your area, and where gave you an arse like a hose pipe?

Recommended:

Stargate Chippy in Ryton

Avoid:

Loon Wah in Prudhoe - Got served by a heroin addict and the food was rank

Rainbow Garden in Newburn - Food tasted ok but i have a spastic stomach today

There's a belta one at Wylam who deliver to Ryton and Prudhoe by the way. Just over the bridge.

Treasure Express at Bells Close would deliver over to Brighton, biggest portions anyones ever seen. They do chow mein like the thin noodles if you ask for them, like the authetic chinkies eat. Their curry is fantastic too.

The Clay Over Curry House at Chapel House is fantastic, proper chicken as well, massive chunks about 20 quid for two o yiz but well worth it.

Agree about the clay oven like. They do brilliant curry pizzas. Chicken chat pizza is fantastic!

Didn't realise they did pizza's might give them a gan. What it is chicken chat like? Hope it's not a french/indian creole word that's all I can say.

id recommend that chinease takeaway in kingston park next to carphonewarehouse not sure what its called but they do a nice curry but its expensive at just over 5 pound. as for a bad place hum cant think of any lol.

id recommend that chinease takeaway in kingston park next to carphonewarehouse not sure what its called but they do a nice curry but its expensive at just over 5 pound. as for a bad place hum cant think of any lol.

There used to be a pub there called The Windsor and behind it was the chinkies aside Booklesses, and to this day that is the worst take away I've ever seen. 15 years am gan back nuw like.

There used to be a pub there called The Windsor and behind it was the chinkies aside Booklesses, and to this day that is the worst take away I've ever seen. 15 years am gan back nuw like.

it was called kings but now its part of a pub i think the winsor but the curry is lovely my mother used to get it for her and me but it cost over 10 quid thats for 2 meals lol. but she now goes to throckley i think

Edited by DEADMAN

The kids from that Chinese place in Forest Hall years ago went to my school and every time it was shut down (regularly) the kids weren't allowed to share food with anyone at school. Always felt canny bad for them. :lol:

The places I tend to go these days are:

Pizza - Best Kebab opposite Tilley's

Chinese - China Town Express

Indian - LB (Latif's)

Most of the places in town are bampy as fuck though unfortunately.

The kids from that Chinese place in Forest Hall years ago went to my school and every time it was shut down (regularly) the kids weren't allowed to share food with anyone at school. Always felt canny bad for them. :lol:

Indian - LB (Latif's)

The Toxic Takeaway on Delaval rd? Still proudly helping its customers lose weight.

Indian - LB (Latif's)

Is that opposite roseys? 7/10 if so.

Always used to be a fan of a post - planet earth mission to munchies. Probably rank but any shite tastes good after 10 pints

Munchies was wank, then they opened Munchies 2, opposite the Civic Centre, best gravy and chips known to man.

Indian - LB (Latif's)

Is that opposite roseys? 7/10 if so.

Aye, that's the one. It's pretty much the only place on Stowell Street that I don't feel like a twat going in and grabbing a takeaway from. I rarely get in any of them for a sit down meal as Himself doesn't like Chinese food. Plus it's fairly cheap which is always a bonus.