World Cup 2010

Happy Face

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday the 12th England vs USA.

I'm going to be in Nashville when that's on. Yeehaw. ;)

England and Italy got the best out of that then. And Brazil-Portugal-Ivory Coast-North Korea is a peach of a group. Couldn't be happier for the Portuguese. :o

Meenzer, if you like, I ought to be able to track down an appropriate venue for you to watch the match with England supporters.

That'd be good. No rush obviously. ;) We're at the CMA Fest in the evening (I know, I know) but I assume with the time difference kick-off will be mid-afternoon at the latest in the US.

Just send me a reminder closer to the event. I'm planning to be in South Africa for the cup, so you'll have to give me a little lead time :(

The game is, I believe around 1:30 PM Nashville time.

Based solely on me being there, I'm pleased to avoid South Africa, as the opening match ticket price hike is ridiculous. I like that the venues are relatively close for group C, which should help save some travel expenses; can't see us (US) winning the group, so unfortunately would (best case) have to go to Bloemfontain.

Just send me a reminder closer to the event. I'm planning to be in South Africa for the cup, so you'll have to give me a little lead time :(

The game is, I believe around 1:30 PM Nashville time.

Good work mate. ;)

England manager Fabio Capello on their World Cup draw: "It's not bad. We have played against US and Slovenia recently at home, and played well and won but when we have to play here (in South Africa) in June it will be different. Algeria beat Egypt and they are a good team. Every opponent will be strong because when you play in the World Cup, every game is not easy. Are we going to win the World Cup? We have to win it!"

1849: England have won eight of their previous 10 matches against USA, scoring 38 and conceding just nine times. US have won twice, firstly and famously in 1950 when they stunned Walter Winterbottom's team and then in 1993 when they beat Graham Taylor's England at a pre-1994 World Cup tournament in June.

I've been to Nashville. Fucking weird place. Probably quality if you like country music though.

Save a horse! Ride a cowboy!

Fag. ;)

Aye, looking forward to it. Gawking at the inbreds and the fatties is all part of the entertainment. :(

I've been to Nashville. Fucking weird place. Probably quality if you like country music though.

Fag. ;)

Aye, looking forward to it. Gawking at the inbreds and the fatties is all part of the entertainment. :o

I bet you love that song. :(

Are you travelling round the south while you're there? I did a driving holiday from Nashville through Alabama, Mississippi, ending up in New Orleans, so if you wanted any ideas on anywhere else to go, give me a shout.

Are you travelling round the south while you're there? I did a driving holiday from Nashville through Alabama, Mississippi, ending up in New Orleans, so if you wanted any ideas on anywhere else to go, give me a shout.

No time/money for travelling around this time, it's four days of NYC and six days of Nashville for the music festival then straight back again. Certainly don't intend it to be our last visit though, so I'll bear that in mind for next time. ;)

Fag. ;)

Aye, looking forward to it. Gawking at the inbreds and the fatties is all part of the entertainment. :(

I'm a couple hours away from Nashville... want to meet up for some good natured trash-talking while we watch the match? :o

England - USA first game, a dream scenario for Al-Qeda.

It's the World Cup not Die Hard 5.

bit naive....non?

Dans les nuits sud-africaines don' les hommes vont pêcher avec les dindes pour attraper des perroquets ?

England - USA first game, a dream scenario for Al-Qeda.

It's the World Cup not Die Hard 5.

bit naive....non?

Dans les nuits sud-africaines don' les hommes vont pêcher avec les dindes pour attraper des perroquets ?

In the South-African nights don' will the men fish with turkeys to catch parrots? ......uh, pardon?

Fag. ;)

I'm a couple hours away from Nashville... want to meet up for some good natured trash-talking while we watch the match? ;)

Haha! Sounds like a plan. :o

Fag. ;)

I'm a couple hours away from Nashville... want to meet up for some good natured trash-talking while we watch the match? ;)

Haha! Sounds like a plan. :o

PM me when it gets closer and we'll figure something out!