Jazz

sammynb

Anyone into it? Do Bop, Be Bop? Not into the Big Band shite myself. And the electro jazz of the 70s well the less said the better.

Wayne Shorter and Herbie Hancock are gods whereas Wes Montgomery with strings is beautiful recording but his other stuff hasn't caught my attention.

And no snakey and Laz, not mags :razz:

I recently got Juju because Mr. Nb told me I would like it a while back. I've only really got into Jazz over the last few years. I've got a bit of John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck, the aforementioned Wayne Shorter and a few other bits and bobs. Nice.

One of those genres that just doesn't do it for me - I don't like brass instruments anyway which is a bad start for a lot of the common stuff you hear in movies etc.

The scat (I know) stuff that Cleo Laine did/does I find intensley annoying.

Edited by NJS

One of those genres that just doesn't do it for me - I don't like brass instruments anyway which is a bad start for a lot of the common stuff you hear in movies etc.

The scat (I know) stuff that Cleo Laine did/does I find intensley annoying.

It's just such a shit music genre :razz:

I recently got Juju because Mr. Nb told me I would like it a while back. I've only really got into Jazz over the last few years. I've got a bit of John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck, the aforementioned Wayne Shorter and a few other bits and bobs. Nice.

Grrrreat.

Surprised no-one got there before me.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in the day, my teenage posse went through a brief phase of alternating Mayfair nights with trips to the Jazz Cafe - still decked out in full metal regalia, natch, because that's subversive. I have no idea what we were fucking doing. :good: