The Guitar Thread

Tom

On 1/15/2018 at 14:43, Tom said:

I'm not sure there ever was tbh....but then who has an unfinished project for 30 years? 

Not sure what to do if there's not but I'll just have to go with it.

ill order this at somepoint too -

http://www.northwestguitars.co.uk/fully-loaded-stratocaster-scratchplate-3-ply-black/

I had a look at their site after you posted this, like some of the options.

I emailed them to ask if the strat bodies can be ordered left handed, the response...

I'm sorry but this isn't a a service we currently offer. The cost of building one-off pieces means that it's not cost effective. We are hoping to expand our range of necks and bodies in the near future to include HSS and hardtail Strats, Thinline Telecasters, 12" radius necks, and a whole host of other variations, but for now all we have are the items you can see in or store.

So its "no we don't cater for you, but let me take a moment to tell you all the other stuff we've got coming that also doesn't fit this criteria".

Fuck off.

16 minutes ago, Andrew said:

'ey now, my first guitar was a squier!

It was purple and glittery and I sold it like a fool a couple of years later.

I always regret selling a guitar/amp whatever . I've probably sold in the region of 30 (and the rest) some I've totally forgotten but the pang of regret lingers perpetually.

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I emailed them to ask if the strat bodies can be ordered left handed, the response...

So its "no we don't cater for you, but let me take a moment to tell you all the other stuff we've got coming that also doesn't fit this criteria".

Fuck off.

That's shocking mind. They really aren't helping themselves either.

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

That's shocking mind. They really aren't helping themselves either.

I email retailers relatively frequently to see if left handed models exist/can be ordered and usually get no’s, which is fair enough I get the economy of scale argument to it.

the sales pitch though is proper taking the piss :lol:

in in fact I’ve just replied to ask if any of those other variations are going to be available lefty.

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Fuck off.

Andrew, have you looked at Warmoth's site?

http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/ClassicShowcase.aspx?Body=2&Shape=1&Path=Stratocaster&orientation=27

7 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Oh yeah! Brilliant but pricey and I don't know anyone from the UK who has used them so I'm unsure on shipping/import costs and whatnot.

Well, at least he didn't try to sell me something this time.

I sent

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for the quick reply.

Will any of those other variations be available left handed?

They said

Hi again Andrew. Probably not to be honest as we're still trying to increase our range of right handed products.

Sorry about that!

Updated the scratch plate on my sisters Squier. Conditioned the fretboard, cleaned the neck up & adjusted the pick up height to a nice balance, for grunge.

It sounds fucking class, looks class and plays beautifully. The scratch plate was £30 but for £110 the guitar is a fucking steal. I'm going to get myself one :lol: 

IMG_8454.JPG

Squiers man, they are brilliant these days.

The Wolfgang sold this evening so that will be getting shipped off tomorrow, I'm down to only having two now.

No point getting more when I need to scrimp for NZ, especially if I'm not planning to take any with me but I'm going to be battling a lot of temptation, not necessarily successfully.

Yeh the guitar is lush. I was impressed by how sturdy the wiring was too.

Which is the only reason I didn't break it.

Buy a Squier and then you can afford New Zealand too 

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yeh the guitar is lush. I was impressed by how sturdy the wiring was too.

Which is the only reason I didn't break it.

Buy a Squier and then you can afford New Zealand too 

Probably buy one there tbh