Raynauds disease

The Fish

It comes across as self-righteous whether that's your intention or not tbh.

Mormon tbh.

I always thought he'd be a self-flagellater.

Hands too cold. :icon_lol:

It's like a lass fiddling with the heater in the car though, they'll open the window fully to get some air, then whack the heater right up because they're cold. Just leave it alone!

With a hangover; if I let it be, it'll sort itself out.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else got it?

Such a pain in the arse, the minute it starts getting a little colder and my fingers become icicles. It gets to where I can hardly type or do my zip. There's no "cure" as such, it's just gloves and heat pads/bands. The worst thing is when you're walking around don't realise your fingers are turning blue and then have the painful process of warming them up to the point you can actually use them again.

Disastrous eh? :icon_lol:;)

Can you still hold the Kleenex

Seriously though, why not move to the Caribbean ;)

Anyone else got it?

Such a pain in the arse, the minute it starts getting a little colder and my fingers become icicles. It gets to where I can hardly type or do my zip. There's no "cure" as such, it's just gloves and heat pads/bands. The worst thing is when you're walking around don't realise your fingers are turning blue and then have the painful process of warming them up to the point you can actually use them again.

Not the answer, unfortunately. They have internet in the Carib. Keep thinking, though.

Anyone else got it?

Not the answer, unfortunately. They have internet in the Carib. Keep thinking, though.

St.Barts?

Carib T'internet usage

Although the British Virgin Islands might be more appealling to Fish- only 16% penetration .

Anyone else got it?

Wouldn't mind that, being paid to dick around in the Bahamas is my idea of heaven.

Wouldn't mind that, being paid to dick around in the Bahamas is my idea of heaven.

Since you're struggling to get paid in the UK I don't fancy your chances in one of the international tax havens of the world too much. :icon_lol:

not about being self-righteous you knobber. I just don't really want to take drugs to offset the effects of drugs I've previously taken... Especially when I know the headaches are shortlived and it's my own damned fault anyway.

I mean if I've got a proper headache then I'll pop an aspirin, but a hangover... it's self inflicted.

I largely follow this theory as well. I figure I'll not take pain killers so that when I'm old and the pain killers are really needed I'll actually get the benefit.

I do have a cut off point though. If I still feel like death at 6pm the following day I will take a plink plink fizz.. Or go to the pub or both!!

not about being self-righteous you knobber. I just don't really want to take drugs to offset the effects of drugs I've previously taken... Especially when I know the headaches are shortlived and it's my own damned fault anyway.

I mean if I've got a proper headache then I'll pop an aspirin, but a hangover... it's self inflicted.

I largely follow this theory as well. I figure I'll not take pain killers so that when I'm old and the pain killers are really needed I'll actually get the benefit.

I do have a cut off point though. If I still feel like death at 6pm the following day I will take a plink plink fizz.. Or go to the pub or both!!

Fuck that- drugs make you feel good. Why wait until you're old to feel good?

I've always had the best luck curing hangovers with Gatorade. Most of the time, your hangover is just you being massively dehydrated. If you re-hydrate, you feel better. Gatorade re-hydrates. Simple. :icon_lol:

Edited by Cid_MCDP

I can assure you that 'saving' drugs for your old age is no more likely to be of benefit than Fish eating fish for his cold fish-like fingers.

Is it a bona fide medical fact that the body doesn't become more immune to the effects of pain relieving drugs?

Perhaps my logic is flawed, it is largely based on the fact that I knew people who take 17 ecstacy tablets cos 1 just isn't giving them the same buzz. Likewise getting antibiotics out of a doctor is harder than getting a blow job off a nun nowadays. :icon_lol:

Is it a bona fide medical fact that the body doesn't become more immune to the effects of pain relieving drugs?

Perhaps my logic is flawed, it is largely based on the fact that I knew people who take 17 ecstacy tablets cos 1 just isn't giving them the same buzz. Likewise getting antibiotics out of a doctor is harder than getting a blow job off a nun nowadays. :icon_lol:

Yes, its a process called tolerance but its more true of some drugs than others (don't think you become tolerant to paracetamol or NSAIDs for instance). But this occurs over days and weeks rather than years, and only if you basically abuse the drug. Have a paracetamol with plenty of water in the morning and chances are you'll not feel as shit by 6pm!

Not sure what the relevance of the antibiotic comment was. ;)

You sound like a mother telling her kid not to wear his coat in the house 'cause "you'll not feel the benefit outside, otherwise".

Some of you fuckers need a good slap.

:icon_lol:

Yes, its a process called tolerance but its more true of some drugs than others (don't think you become tolerant to paracetamol or NSAIDs for instance). But this occurs over days and weeks rather than years, and only if you basically abuse the drug. Have a paracetamol with plenty of water in the morning and chances are you'll not feel as shit by 6pm!

That people are getting more immune to the effects of antibiotics thus doctors don't give them out.

You sound like a mother telling her kid not to wear his coat in the house 'cause "you'll not feel the benefit outside, otherwise".

Some of you fuckers need a good slap.

:icon_lol:

I'm gonna wrap my kid in old copies of the Guardian...

That people are getting more immune to the effects of antibiotics thus doctors don't give them out.

Ahh, well strictly speaking that's the bacteria which are getting immune to the antibiotics, but I take your point.

People have some funny ideas like. Putting yourself through pain basically with nothing fact-based to back it up in some misguided notion of benefit further down the line. You reckon you were monks in a previous life? :icon_lol:

People have some funny ideas like. Putting yourself through pain basically with nothing fact-based to back it up in some misguided notion of benefit further down the line. You reckon you were monks in a previous life? :icon_lol:

I've been getting drunk on a regular basis for approximately 15 years. I've been suffering hangovers for approximately 12.

It's too late to change now. Changing now would be like admitting I'm wrong and you druggies are right.. ;)

Anyway I'm off home to respect my body - which is a temple!!

Anyone else got it?

Seriously though, why not move to Orlando;)

FYP