Desktops

Andrew

I'm looking out for a new PC for around christmas time, I know dell have some good deals on at the moment but i cant order before they run out

anyone have any sites/tips

anything would be great, specing up your own or just good deals on prebuilt

thanks

I'm looking out for a new PC for around christmas time, I know dell have some good deals on at the moment but i cant order before they run out

thanks

If your local go to Falcon computers in Sunderland next to the Bowling Alley. They are imo a really good firm who will build you a pc to the spec you want. IE Whether its for gaming etc etc.

Leave out what you dont need and keep the cost down.

Personally know quite a few people who have used them and all sing their praises.

http://www.falconcomputers.co.uk/

EDIT Just noticed your in Burnley (poor fucker) Still they probably deliver.

Have a look at his location man. :icon_lol:

thanks

If your local go to Falcon computers in Sunderland next to the Bowling Alley. They are imo a really good firm who will build you a pc to the spec you want. IE Whether its for gaming etc etc.

Leave out what you dont need and keep the cost down.

Personally know quite a few people who have used them and all sing their praises.

http://www.falconcomputers.co.uk/

EDIT Just noticed your in Burnley (poor fucker) Still they probably deliver.

Do they do chicken and fish?

Why are desktops still so ridiculously massive?

I don't want to do anything more than you can't do on a iphone, just with a terabyte or two of storage.

You can get tiny ones as well. Or use a laptop or netbook. But if space isn't an issue why waste money minitiarising things?

I don't want to do anything more than you can't do on a iphone, just with a terabyte or two of storage.

Motherboard form factor, mostly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of...er_form_factors

Manufacturers agree to make stuff the same size so you don't get stuck having to buy a new case and everything if your motherboard dies. Obviously all-in-one type OEMs who don't mean for their PCs to be extensively modified or repaired (Dell, HP, etc.) don't necessarily play by these rules, but most folks have to in order to be competitive in the marketplace.

Motherboard form factor, mostly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of...er_form_factors

Manufacturers agree to make stuff the same size so you don't get stuck having to buy a new case and everything if your motherboard dies. Obviously all-in-one type OEMs who don't mean for their PCs to be extensively modified or repaired (Dell, HP, etc.) don't necessarily play by these rules, but most folks have to in order to be competitive in the marketplace.

I see.

Thanks for the explanation.

You can get tiny ones as well. Or use a laptop or netbook. But if space isn't an issue why waste money minitiarising things?

I would if the same spec machine didn't cost twice as much.

That's the point though. Anyway, you've just said you're happy enough with a desktop as powerful as an iPod, as long as it has a lot of storage?

That's the point though. Anyway, you've just said you're happy enough with a desktop as powerful as an iPod, as long as it has a lot of storage?

Within reason. The desktop I've got freezes up as soon as I open Itunes.

• 2 weeks later...

so yeh anyway, windows 7 soon etc, this is when im looking to order, anywhere doing good deals? I don't so much need storage since I have a nice reliable 1tb external drive but high ram and good graphics is the focus

so yeh anyway, windows 7 soon etc, this is when im looking to order, anywhere doing good deals? I don't so much need storage since I have a nice reliable 1tb external drive but high ram and good graphics is the focus

Keep an eye out here -

http://www.hotukdeals.com/

and then I'm sure the good folk on here will let you know if its any good.

I've got a small form Dell. Does the job and nice and neat.

1186881527-0235_full.jpg

Why do I think Wacky, Peasepud, and the rest of us when I look at that picture ?

• 2 weeks later...