I'd love to see Dennis Wise return to management and get just what he deserves

Craig

I once watched one of these football factories things Dyer does, he was in Italy and he went to a Roma-Lazio game, His patter and everything about the show was genuinely very funny, trouble is, I don't think that's the intention of the show. I get the impression that most of these books/documentaries are written by cockney gobshites and we all know what they're like for telling the truth. I just can't take them seriously and aren't that interested anyway.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie
He wants to thought of as hard though Stevie, that's why he does shows like "Britain's Pwopa Nawtyest geeeza III" or whatever, when in fact he's just a cock.

So Danny Dyer is a big enough star to pick and choose his own shows? Maybe he'll write and direct himself in a BAFTA-winning mockumentary next year.

Didn't he recently come out and say he was quitting television because of something negative Charlie Brooker said about him that upset him? Hardly a hard man act whatever level you take his comment on.

He flounced?

How apt. :icon_lol:

It's partly that on these shows he looks to glorify violence and celebrate gangsters and their ilk, but the minute he's off the show he's almost apologetic for it. He's got that cockerny wide boy swagger when he's trying to be hard by association, walking beside thugs and idiots, but tries to seem moderate and affable when the camera stops rolling.

To be honest I find Charlie Brooker a decent litmus test and if he also finds Dyer an objectionable little shit, then I feel entirely vindicated. :blush:

If someone offered you 500k to stutter your way through a series of documentaries would you rather be someone who edits forums in London struggling on 27k a year? Again pathetic.

Look, I've clearly hit a nerve here, your man-crush is apparent. I'm sorry I've upset you. Danny Dyer is, in my opinion, a cunt but you have rushed to his aid and for that I'm sure he'll give you the hug you so clearly need. It's just that he fosters this image of a hard-man whenever he's on his shows or movies, then tries to distance himself from it when he's on other channels. Ross Kemp's stuff is interesting, they're actually telling me something instead of just glamourising some hooligan who once knifed a guy for being a bit of a dick. The problem is that you like that, you like wannabe hooligans, you talk with reverence about firms and the good old days where a few dozen idiots would meet up to have a fight.

You think it's ok to get abusive and personal with everybody that disagrees with you, but the minute they say something you do agree with you'll say they're an all right bloke and a proper fan and all that nonsense. You're obssesed with where someone comes from as if that somehow dictates what sort of person you are. If someone proves you wrong, rather than apologise and admit it, you'll fly into a rage. Oh and honestly, you don't listen to people who suggest ways for you to improve, you never think "he may have a point that kid" You just don't, so don't make that shit up :ninja:

Stevie, I've said it a million times, you have a huge issue with me, for whatever reason you thinks it's normal behaviour to reply to any and all posts of mine that you can find with abuse and petulant pedantry. It's not normal behaviour. It's boring as hell.

In short Stevie, you're a pathetic bully, but you don't get that bullying doesn't work over the internet. :)

Oh dear.

If we're discussing presenters on Bravo I prefer Sheriff John Bunnell.

Shouldn't that be Sheriff John Bunnell (retired) ?? :ninja:

Shouldn't that be Sheriff John Bunnell (retired) ?? :D

Yes because pretending to be a Sheriff when you're not could land you straight IN COUNTY JAIL.

Shouldn't that be Sheriff John Bunnell (retired) ?? :D

Yes because pretending to be a Sheriff when you're not could land you straight IN COUNTY JAIL.

:D

Guest Stevie
Aye, I'm sorry for my part. Just tired of his petty crusade against me is all.

I didn't make the first contradictory remark on this thread, certainly not to you anyway. It was you talking shit as you do. I don't mind people having opinions, but at least have a base for thinking something. "Other people think he's a cunt too" oh dear. You are the most tiresome individual on these boards, including Fop.

I liked Human Traffic because it reminded me of my life back then, good and bad, and there was plenty of bad - no regrets. Love the soundtrack off that film so much too.

I felt human traffic soiled those experiences by stereotyping them and every character was totally over the top. I never met anyone like any of those people when I was 'aving it'. They were sacharin ravers, maybe there were people like that but I thought it was a committee's concept of what we were all up to.

fop is a million times more tedious than you, fish or anyone else on the board Stevie. He will be gutted you think otherwise n all.

You're just jealous he's a mod man. Let it go. :D

Edited by trophyshy

I felt human traffic soiled those experiences by stereotyping them and every character was totally over the top. I never met anyone like any of those people when I was 'aving it'. They were sacharin ravers, maybe there were people like that but I thought it was a committee's concept of what we were all up to.

fop is a million times more annoying than you, fish or anyone else on the board Stevie. He will be gutted you think otherwise n all.

:D Bingo!

Guest Stevie

fop is a million times more annoying than you, fish or anyone else on the board Stevie. He will be gutted you think otherwise n all.

Not anymore :D

Edited by Stevie

I hated Human Traffic.

It was a bit cheesy like. Some bits were spot on but other bits were canny cringeworthy.

a much better view of what it was like can be found from the video/extended song "Weekender" by Flowered Up. Love that track, really takes me back that like (fuck I sound old ... oh wait...)

Actually.. Here you go. PArt 1 -

aaaand Part 2

Enjoy.