I'd love to see Dennis Wise return to management and get just what he deserves

Craig

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He wants to thought of as hard though Stevie, that's why he does shows like "Britain's Pwopa Nawtyest geeeza III" or whatever, when in fact he's just a cock.

So Danny Dyer is a big enough star to pick and choose his own shows? Maybe he'll write and direct himself in a BAFTA-winning mockumentary next year.

Didn't he recently come out and say he was quitting television because of something negative Charlie Brooker said about him that upset him? Hardly a hard man act whatever level you take his comment on.

He wants to thought of as hard though Stevie, that's why he does shows like "Britain's Pwopa Nawtyest geeeza III" or whatever, when in fact he's just a cock.

So Danny Dyer is a big enough star to pick and choose his own shows? Maybe he'll write and direct himself in a BAFTA-winning mockumentary next year.

Didn't he recently come out and say he was quitting television because of something negative Charlie Brooker said about him that upset him? Hardly a hard man act whatever level you take his comment on.

He flounced?

How apt. :ninja:

It's partly that on these shows he looks to glorify violence and celebrate gangsters and their ilk, but the minute he's off the show he's almost apologetic for it. He's got that cockerny wide boy swagger when he's trying to be hard by association, walking beside thugs and idiots, but tries to seem moderate and affable when the camera stops rolling.

To be honest I find Charlie Brooker a decent litmus test and if he also finds Dyer an objectionable little shit, then I feel entirely vindicated. :)

Nothing to do with the fact he had no work on and got offered £500,000 a series then?

:ninja: there's a reason for that.

Come on man Stevie, he's desperate to seem like a gangster, the way he talks, his walk, everything about him screams wannabe hardman. He's a budget Ross Kemp, and Kemp's no hard man either.

Is he? He was cast as a member of a football firm and from that he has developed this reputation. Should he have said no I don't want that £1m deal, because it will make me look a "hard man"? There's a niche in the market, a lot of people don't watch his documentaries, don't watch them, I watch some of them because he's naturally funny, very humble, and self depreciating. I think he comes across well most of the time, and it's tired old bollocks written by clueless bald cunts like you which support the myth that he's a cunt.

He always comes across as a right cunt in all those 'I love hooligans' films and TV shows he does. I'm willing to say it may all be an act as people have been lobbing cash to play that kind of role, but something about him suggests he's basing it on himself. His voice just adds to the whole image I have of him. Surely he has been offered roles that are not in the 'West Ham supporting gangsta hooligan' mould at one point in his career.

But to Dennis Wise, he seems like the same sort of pillock, a man who likes to be associated with that violent culture, but in reality will not wade in and be a true member. The sort of person who says he's in the Marines, but really is a plumber who sorts out their toilets in Plymouth. I doubt he'll get a job for a good while, but I can imagine him taking over from Paul Ince when he is sacked/some tool poaches him.

I quite like Danny Dyer. He looks like he's only in it for a laugh sometimes and to be fair the shows aren't that bad. I don't think you can portray the audience of his shows as easy as you would like to, half the people will be mocking it as they watch it and saying what a farce it is.

Either way I have seen him do a few different shows and he did seem alright ,so if he's doing the football hooligan shows because he gets paid for it or not I have no problem with it.

Most people will waiver a few principles when money is thrown at them.

Guest Stevie
Stevie, you watch these shows. You prove my point. An embarrassment to a forum? :ninja: have a word with yourself man. What ever you're problem is with me it's pretty shallow.

Yes you are, but you are inconsequential. If someone writes something about me talking shite, I take on board and say aye he might have a point that kid not you. No major problem with you just don't talk baseless shit.

It really is dull fella and you invariable end up looking like a tit.

Incredibly enough a friend of mine just last night said people who call people "fella" are generally cunts. One of my in laws does and he's a cunt so I thought that was pretty spot on, and this just reaffirms this.

(and call me a cunt and a cunt from Blyth and a Bald Cunt from Blyth and a boring bald cunt from Blyth [by the by, I'm not from Blyth]) it's pretty pathetic.

Near enough though.

Regardless of all of this, the fact you're leaping to such a vociferous defence of a man who won't give a shit what I (or anyone else for that matter) thinks about his shows says to me that you know how much a talentless oik he is too.

You're right he won't give a shit about what you think, and you're entitled to say he's a shit actor that's your opinion. You are yet to give any evidence of him being wannabe egotistical hard man, and you've just pottered round that in this ridiculous post, like Peter Beardsley round the Aston Villa defence in 1995 without the same end product. I don't even know why you post Fish seriously, I don't think you have any opinions.

Guest Stevie

He flounced?

How apt. :ninja:

It's partly that on these shows he looks to glorify violence and celebrate gangsters and their ilk, but the minute he's off the show he's almost apologetic for it. He's got that cockerny wide boy swagger when he's trying to be hard by association, walking beside thugs and idiots, but tries to seem moderate and affable when the camera stops rolling.

To be honest I find Charlie Brooker a decent litmus test and if he also finds Dyer an objectionable little shit, then I feel entirely vindicated. :)

If someone offered you 500k to stutter your way through a series of documentaries would you rather be someone who edits forums in London struggling on 27k a year? Again pathetic.

Guest Stevie
Nothing to do with the fact he had no work on and got offered £500,000 a series then?

:ninja: there's a reason for that.

Come on man Stevie, he's desperate to seem like a gangster, the way he talks, his walk, everything about him screams wannabe hardman. He's a budget Ross Kemp, and Kemp's no hard man either.

Is he? He was cast as a member of a football firm and from that he has developed this reputation. Should he have said no I don't want that £1m deal, because it will make me look a "hard man"? There's a niche in the market, a lot of people don't watch his documentaries, don't watch them, I watch some of them because he's naturally funny, very humble, and self depreciating. I think he comes across well most of the time, and it's tired old bollocks written by clueless bald cunts like you which support the myth that he's a cunt.

He always comes across as a right cunt in all those 'I love hooligans' films and TV shows he does. I'm willing to say it may all be an act as people have been lobbing cash to play that kind of role, but something about him suggests he's basing it on himself. His voice just adds to the whole image I have of him. Surely he has been offered roles that are not in the 'West Ham supporting gangsta hooligan' mould at one point in his career.

But to Dennis Wise, he seems like the same sort of pillock, a man who likes to be associated with that violent culture, but in reality will not wade in and be a true member. The sort of person who says he's in the Marines, but really is a plumber who sorts out their toilets in Plymouth. I doubt he'll get a job for a good while, but I can imagine him taking over from Paul Ince when he is sacked/some tool poaches him.

How very intuitive of you.

getting back on track, I’m loving the way Wise is getting his comeuppance!

I think Rod Liddle is a cock but I had to laugh at the way Wise is portrayed in this article:

From The Sunday Times

October 4, 2009

Mere mortals aren’t big enough for Newcastle

Rod Liddle

SOME Messiah, then. I don’t think Jesus Christ tried to claim £10m compensation when it all went tits up in the Garden of Gethsemane. But then, unlike Kevin Keegan, Jesus only had the malefactions of Judas Iscariot and the Roman occupying force with which to contend; he was not bedevilled by Dennis Wise. I like the notion of Wise being one of the disciples, though; St Dennis, the Fisher of Men (via YouTube) who betrayed his boss to curry favour with two South American agents. It seems scarcely possible that Newcastle United could be the source of even more humour this season, after they gave of themselves so selflessly last year. But then you read of what went on once Keegan was appointed, detailed with frank incredulity by the panel which adjudicated in the Keegan v Newcastle case, which ended with the Messiah being awarded £2m plus interest.

The panel effectively confirmed that the club lied through its teeth, concurring with Keegan’s claim that it “repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, the public and the fans”. Having appointed Keegan, to the delight of Newcastle’s fervent-but-often-deluded following, the board clearly sat down and thought: “Now, what can we do that will really screw him up?” And as one, they arrived at the only answer possible: appoint Dennis Wise to squat on his shoulders, causing trouble. Wise’s qualifications for whatever title he acquired at St James’ Park rested on his managerial performance at Millwall, where he took Mark McGhee’s decent Championship side to the brink of relegation through the signing of some truly shocking players, and a period of copious under-achievement at Leeds United, where most people believe the clever work was done by Gus Poyet. Okay, he got Millwall to the FA Cup final. (En route, we managed to overcome Walsall, Telford, Burnley, Tranmere and Sunderland, all below Millwall in the football league at the time.) But then look what he did the next season, the season of Scott Dobie and Jo Tessem, of financial chaos, which ended with relegation a cast-iron certainty next time around. Down at The Den, we are still suffering the effects of Dennis.

Wise was brought to Newcastle to identify potential players, a task he apparently executed by watching YouTube. This was how Keegan ended up with the Uruguayan Ignacio Gonzalez; I suppose it is a small mercy Wise did not also secure the services of Shakira and some sniggering bloke who can fart God Save The Queen, via the same medium. Anyway, Keegan complained that he could not properly judge Gonzalez’s ability because the YouTube clips were too grainy. Maybe at this point Dennis offered to fix him up with a better server. He did, however, make clear that Keegan ought to sign the Valencia defender to “do a favour” for those South American agents I mentioned. Oddly, Keegan felt disinclined to agree and left the club to which he had returned festooned with palm fronds as his donkey made its triumphant way up the Scotswood Road.

What possessed Newcastle to believe it needed Wise? Why would anyone believe he could make things better? And remarkably, just when things seemed to be looking more optimistic, they whipped the carpet from beneath Keegan’s feet, humiliated the man and, pretty much, ensured relegation.

It is perhaps the case that Keegan might not have been the most judicious appointment. It was, instead, a form of playing to the Gallowgate gallery, at the expense of competence and realism. But having appointed Keegan, they might at least have let the poor chap get on with doing the job. There was more playing to the gallery later when, distraught at the prospect of having to play the children of a lesser God in the Championship, they appointed the untried Alan Shearer to dig them out of a hole. The hole, as you might have guessed, remained undug.

Things are, at last, looking up for Newcastle. They sit on top of the Championship, a position many — me included — thought they would find unattainable. And it is sort of in spite of the board that they are where they are: the manager, Chris Hughton, is about as charismatic as a vacuum pack of Leerdammer cheese and the Magpies have been left with him by default. He is doing an extraordinarily good job. He is one of those managers the Newcastle board and the clamorous fans are never entirely happy with — like poor Glenn Roeder and Joe Kinnear — a decent professional with ability and determination and untrammeled by any notion of immortality. These are the managers who, over the years, have served Newcastle the best.

But you would not bet on Newcastle sticking by their man if — when — they achieve promotion. Glory will go to their heads, they will talk about Europe, they will once again demand a manager who matches up to their ambition and the view they have of their club. Someone like Jesus Christ, then.

Rod Liddle's like an unsubtle messageboard wum. I wonder what some of the better sportswriters at the Sunday Times make of his having a column in their paper.

Surely anyone can see through stuff like this?

He is doing an extraordinarily good job. He is one of those managers the Newcastle board and the clamorous fans are never entirely happy with — like poor Glenn Roeder and Joe Kinnear — a decent professional with ability and determination and untrammeled by any notion of immortality. These are the managers who, over the years, have served Newcastle the best.

He flounced?

How apt. :icon_lol:

To be honest I find Charlie Brooker a decent litmus test and if he also finds Dyer an objectionable little shit, then I feel entirely vindicated. :blush:

If someone offered you 500k to stutter your way through a series of documentaries would you rather be someone who edits forums in London struggling on 27k a year? Again pathetic.

Look, I've clearly hit a nerve here, your man-crush is apparent. I'm sorry I've upset you. Danny Dyer is, in my opinion, a cunt but you have rushed to his aid and for that I'm sure he'll give you the hug you so clearly need. It's just that he fosters this image of a hard-man whenever he's on his shows or movies, then tries to distance himself from it when he's on other channels. Ross Kemp's stuff is interesting, they're actually telling me something instead of just glamourising some hooligan who once knifed a guy for being a bit of a dick. The problem is that you like that, you like wannabe hooligans, you talk with reverence about firms and the good old days where a few dozen idiots would meet up to have a fight.

You think it's ok to get abusive and personal with everybody that disagrees with you, but the minute they say something you do agree with you'll say they're an all right bloke and a proper fan and all that nonsense. You're obssesed with where someone comes from as if that somehow dictates what sort of person you are. If someone proves you wrong, rather than apologise and admit it, you'll fly into a rage. Oh and honestly, you don't listen to people who suggest ways for you to improve, you never think "he may have a point that kid" You just don't, so don't make that shit up :ninja:

Stevie, I've said it a million times, you have a huge issue with me, for whatever reason you thinks it's normal behaviour to reply to any and all posts of mine that you can find with abuse and petulant pedantry. It's not normal behaviour. It's boring as hell.

In short Stevie, you're a pathetic bully, but you don't get that bullying doesn't work over the internet. :)