Keegan's got £2m

Happy Face

There's some good lads over there tbf and a canny few are taking issue with the clueless cunts but I reckon Stevie's onto something about the amount of people going to the games. Without getting all soopafan about it I bet there's a canny few have attended between 0 and 10 games in their life.

That's what I've been getting at the whole time I've posted over there. I thought this verdict may have made the muppets see sense, apparently not.

First post btw, HAI GUYZZ!!1!!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's some good lads over there tbf and a canny few are taking issue with the clueless cunts but I reckon Stevie's onto something about the amount of people going to the games. Without getting all soopafan about it I bet there's a canny few have attended between 0 and 10 games in their life.

That's what I've been getting at the whole time I've posted over there. I thought this verdict may have made the muppets see sense, apparently not.

Hi mate, welcome to the boards.

So.... how much fucking grief is Mr Ashley going to get tomorrow at the match??

I bet the fucker doesn't even turn up!

None from the East stand I bet. :D

You can bet your life they either won't have read or heard about this, don't care, or have forgotten about it in a senile haze.

None from the East stand I bet. :icon_lol:

You can bet your life they either won't have read or heard about this, don't care, or have forgotten about it in a senile haze.

:D

None from the East stand I bet. :D

The fucker should be foreably ejected.

An utter, utter cunt of a man!

Kevin Keegan the big winner after tribunal verdict, says George Caulkin

North East football writer delivers his verdict after the tribunal found in Keegan's favour in his case against Newcastle. He talks to Nick Szczepanik

Who are the winners and losers in this situation?

On the face of it, Kevin Keegan is the big winner. His case for constructive dismissal has been completely proven, and the club have been exposed in the transcripts from the hearing to have signed players behind his back and done things as favours to agents - the inner workings of the Mike Ashley have been pretty horribly laid bare.

The only way in which Keegan could be said not to have won is that his claim was for £25million and he was awarded the £2m that was in his contract in the event of him leaving the club. Financially he hasn't won quite as much as he would have liked, and that makes for big headlines, but on the principle of the matter he has been utterly and completely vindicated.

Was the £25m ever a realistic figure?

I don't think so. To claim what was left on his contract was one thing, but to claim for loss of future earnings is another. It was in his contract that he was entitled to £2m. If he had claimed that and been awarded it, it would been a complete victory. As it is, it doesn't look as if it is.

Was it a surprise result?

It's what I was expecting from day one. Keegan said he was leaving because of the Gonzalez and Xisco signings and those rumblings had always been there and that there had been conflict between him and the board on transfer policy. The fact that all the hierarchy who mattered had come out and said that Keegan was in charge of transfers meant that it would be difficult to see how they could make a substantive case against him.

So is that the end of it?

There are other things to be sorted out, such as interest and legal costs, but I can't imagine that the club will appeal, because it isn't anywhere near what their worst fears were. Financially it's a decent result for them, even if the gory details will make for very unpleasant reading.

Does this affect the possible takeover of the club?

If it does, it will only be in a positive way. Some of the reports in the last few weeks that administration was a possibility have caused jitters. They were always strongly denied, but still gave people pause to reflect. £2m won't upset the takeover in any way, and an obstacle has now been removed. So that will enable what has been a very laborious process to speed up.

Couldn't tolerate the nonsense on there to be honest.

Welcome by the way, once you come to tastic, you won't go back to spastic :D

Guest Stevie

Very politically correct for a moderator that.

Even in this, of all threads? :icon_lol:

Guest Stevie

Even in this, of all threads? :icon_lol:

You just choose your words more carefully, autism isn't something to be laughed, as you should know better than most.

Don't fool yourself thinking he wasn't after 25m, he decided not to argue the case after his claim of £8m wages was rejected because termination grounds were explicity defined in his contract. The board even went on record saying he'd have lost it anyway!

The only people who come out of this positivly are the fans who for once have not been ignored, full credit to the Premier League.

Welcome by the way, once you come to tastic, you won't go back to spastic :icon_lol:

Have we got ourselves a new tagline for the banner? :D

The only people who come out of this positivly are the fans who for once have not been ignored, full credit to the Premier League.

What the fuck are you on about you spacker*?

*Especially for Stevie that one.

Don't fool yourself thinking he wasn't after 25m, he decided not to argue the case after his claim of £8m wages was rejected because termination grounds were explicity defined in his contract. The board even went on record saying he'd have lost it anyway!

Sat on the arbitration panel were you? :D

sorry internet doesn't come with sock puppets, I can't say it any simpler.

Edited by Phil

sorry internet doesn't come with sock puppets, I can't say it any simplier.

How exactly have the fans been taken into account?

Uh oh, '72 Post' Phil is wading in with his expert opinion... :D

Alan Shearer 9:

A good day for Keegan but the moral victory is with Mr. Ashley and Lambias

WTF??????

God knows mate, probably a supporter of another team trying to stir things or just a cock-end.

Eh? A moral victory for Ashley? WTF does he know about morals like? Those boys are clueless

sorry internet doesn't come with sock puppets, I can't say it any simplier.

How exactly have the fans been taken into account?

You were expecting a full and detailed run down of the claims and finding to be published straight away, if ever?

I thought we'd hear the outcome and be left with press gossip.

Welcome by the way, once you come to tastic, you won't go back to spastic :icon_lol:

Even in this, of all threads? :rolleyes:

You just choose your words more carefully, autism isn't something to be laughed, as you should know better than most.

:D

Cerebral palsy. :icon_lol:

From the Mirror:

Kevin Keegan has done much good for Newcastle. But with this one act of folly he has shown that money is his god

By Brian McNally

Published 14:49 02/10/09

Kevin Keegan may have been declared the winner in his battle with former employers Newcastle United.

But in many respects he has come out of this grubby affair as a loser.

He claims that his case for constructive dismissal was brought to restore his reputation, but the staggering claim for £25million compensation has left even his most fervent admirers on Tyneside struggling to defend his actions.

There is absolutely no doubt that Keegan was treated despicably by owner Mike Ashley and his cohorts, but the outrageous extravagance of his claim has left him looking as much a user as the despised Ashley.

The Toon Army looked on Keegan as a man of the people- as one of them. They know differently now.

Their illusion has been shattered into a thousand pieces by a man whose greedy demands are proof that he cared more about cash than the club he publicly professed to love.

No one would deny him the right to clear his name or prove that he was the wronged party. But the sheer scale of his attempt to profit from his treatment is breathtakingly extravagant.

Down the years Keegan has done much good for the Magpies. But with this one act of folly he has shown that like many in football, money is his god.

The details of this sordid affair make sorry reading for the Geordie faithful who were already well aware of the squalid regime that Ashley and his right-hand man Derek Llambias operate and the lies that they have peddled.

But until today they believed that King Kev had their best interests at heart.

Now they have 25 million reasons to doubt him as the credibility of Newcastle United once again lies in tatters.

Are they having a laugh?! :D

5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

This for me is all I needed to read. All I think anyone needs to understand. Anyone who it buying any of the shite being sent out via the club/press etc and actually buying it should read and remember this top line first. Then read it again. Think its the only time they have done it? I think not.

Bloke doesn't deserve to set foot in the north east let alone our club.