Barton

ewerk

Unfair on Owen that comparison. And Owen can FOAD for me.

Stick Martins in that bracket too IMO :o

See he's keen to mention that he's up against his old team-mate in the CL :lol:

Another quote from him, 'For me we also didn't try enough to avoid relegation.'

Ain't that the truth.

Another quote from him, 'For me we also didn't try enough to avoid relegation.'

Ain't that the truth.

All a waste of space IMO

Without a doubt. If half what I've heard about him was true he took the piss much more than Owen.

I thought (and said on here) that he would excell for us when he signed. Could I have been more wrong? A complete tale of woe, throughout. I don't think he doesn't give a fuck about us when he's playing, but he just doesn't seem to get anywhere near the heights of what I expected. There is still time for him, but it's not looking good.

Without a doubt. If half what I've heard about him was true he took the piss much more than Owen.

He's fkn great though...

He's fkn great though...

lol

Stick Martins in that bracket too IMO :scratchchin:

Come on, tell us what Pedro said. Or PM me. :o

Who do we have out injured/suspended from the first team now? Barton, Ameobi, Guthrie and Coloccini? What about Ryan Taylor after last weekend's match? And how close is Jonas to a return? Hmm, we should be okay though, we don't need depth to our squad in this league... :lol:

Who do we have out injured/suspended from the first team now? Barton, Ameobi, Guthrie and Coloccini? What about Ryan Taylor after last weekend's match? And how close is Jonas to a return? Hmm, we should be okay though, we don't need depth to our squad in this league... :lol:

Guthrie should be back. Only had a one match ban.

Guthrie should be back. Only had a one match ban.

Suspensions aren't really an issue unless they miss really big games. Injuries are the a problem though. There's a whole lot of matches to get through in the Championship...

Thought there might be a chance of an improvement when we were in the PL, but he's been even worse in the CCC than ever before (I know he can't help the injuries, but his form prior has been v. poor).

What a waster.

Edited by 1892

Barton faces months on sidelines

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton could be sidelined for several months after undergoing surgery on a foot injury.

The 27-year-old had an exploratory operation on his right foot on Thursday and the Magpies are now waiting to hear the extent of the damage.

"The injury could keep him out for a good period of time," said caretaker manager Chris Hughton.

United are confident that the problem is not connected to Barton's two previous metatarsal injuries.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/8286673.stm

Injury rules Joey Barton out until February

Oct 5 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

JOEY BARTON is unlikely to make a return to action for Newcastle United until February after undergoing surgery on his right foot - according to Chris Hughton.

The midfielder had exploratory surgery last Thursday after complaining about a nagging foot problem.

But Hughton was devastated to reveal that Barton will not kick a ball again this year.

He told the Chronicle: “He could be out for four months.

“Joey’s had some surgery to his fourth metatarsal, and he will be out for a period of months. That’s very much a blow for us.

“It’s something he’s been carrying for a little while now, but at least we know now.

“We were in the fortunate position to have Nicky Butt and Geremi on the bench, and even Peter Lovenkrands who can play in the wide area.

“It’s an area where I think we have got good cover.”