Sponsorship deals...

Deano

I think the Northern Rock one is definitely up, but not too sure about Adidas. Certainly we will have the same kit next year, right? Weren't they talking about how only the sponsor would change due to the NR deal?

If the Adidas deal is still current then the shirt will be the same only with a new sponsor instead of NR.

Isnt there some law that thre shirt has to be the same for 2 seasons though?

I used to think that although Chelsea managed to find a way to switch their home shirt after only one season.

Pretty certain we've got more than this season with adidas.

Yeah NR 2010...

Northern Rock has announced that it will continue to sponsor Newcastle United FC. The current deal is due to expire in 2010 and many had thought that with the Bank now under government ownership, that they would relinquish their deal with the Tyneside club.

However Northern Rock executive chairman Ron Sandler told MP’s it was in the best interests of the bank to continue the sponsorship deal.

Northern Rock will also continue to sponsor the Newcastle Falcons rugby side but has ended deals with county cricket clubs Middlesex and Durham.

EDIT: Cant find anything on the Adidas deal.

Edited by Geordie Lad...

• 1 month later...
From what I remember reading the current home kit is for this season only. Will be changed again this Summer.

That is correct.

And now I think we know why that is....

from .COM:

Media reports claiming that current kit supplier Adidas were among the front runners in the naming rights "race" have now been rubbished by an official Adidas press statement:

"Following media speculation regarding Newcastle United and the naming rights for St, James' Park, Adidas can confirm that it has not been offered the naming rights to the stadium and would not wish to take the rights if they were offered.

"Adidas remains committed to our long-term on-pitch partnership with the club."

It's understood that a rival manufacturer is well-placed to acquire the kit rights from next season, which would be at odds with any "Adidas Arena" type branding.

My money's on Lonsdale or some other cheap shitty brand that Ashley has bought over the years. I'd love us to go back to Umbro though and be part of the 'Tailored' range... :huh:

I would love Umbro.

I doubt he would make the change to Lonsdale or Donnay because sales would decimate. When we had Asics it was different as the kits were nice and performance at least commanded respect.

I wouldn't buy a cheap crap make like Lonsdale. If I recall correctly Ashley has ties with both Umbro and Nike although even if we weren't in the 'Tailored Range' something like West Broms kit would be an improvement.

I would love Umbro.

I doubt he would make the change to Lonsdale or Donnay because sales would decimate. When we had Asics it was different as the kits were nice and performance at least commanded respect.

I wouldn't buy a cheap crap make like Lonsdale. If I recall correctly Ashley has ties with both Umbro and Nike although even if we weren't in the 'Tailored Range' something like West Broms kit would be an improvement.

You're kidding me right? :huh:

Fucking awful cheap shit - 'click' city those shirts....

I would love Umbro.

Ugh, makes me shiver just reading about how clicky they were. Rank things.

I would love Umbro.

clicky

I would love Umbro.

I think people remember them with fondness because the design of them was simple, clean and traditional after the 'barcode' shirt that went before it.

I had the training top:

Newcastle-94-Drill-Blue.gif

I had home and away, and that green and purple job! :huh:

Did your mam put it on a hot wash or something? :nufc:

I'm colour blind you twat. :nufc:

Still looks Purple to me here...

newcastle_united_1994-1995-third.gif

I would love Umbro.

clicky

:nufc: That was my first Toon top as well, right when I started getting into football. Had the away shorts too.

I would love Umbro.

clicky

:nufc: That was my first Toon top as well, right when I started getting into football. Had the away shorts too.

Mine too.