Lily Allen retires from music

Sonatine

Lily Allen  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What's wrong with Keith Allen like? Played a nice cameo in Trainspotting, and had a hand in better stuff than Lily ever did.

On Me Head Son should've been released in my view.

He's a smug cock, desperate to be "taken seriously as an actor" one minute, wants to be one of the lads the next. Self serving little prick who'd benefit society more as fishing bait.

I liked his tourettes fun bus though :lol:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true on both counts MF, but you've forgotten her caustic personality, her need to comment on other famous people whenever a microphone (or a single release) comes close. She's base and deliberately ignorant. I can only hope she adds talking and then breathing to the list of things she's "giving up"

of course this may be so that she can have a reunion tour next year? Given they're so popular with shit pop acts these days...

true on both counts MF, but you've forgotten her caustic personality, her need to comment on other famous people whenever a microphone (or a single release) comes close. She's base and deliberately ignorant . I can only hope she adds talking and then breathing to the list of things she's "giving up"

of course this may be so that she can have a reunion tour next year? Given they're so popular with shit pop acts these days...

:lol: Gotta love it :spit:

What's wrong with Keith Allen like? Played a nice cameo in Trainspotting, and had a hand in better stuff than Lily ever did.

On Me Head Son should've been released in my view.

He's a smug cock, desperate to be "taken seriously as an actor" one minute, wants to be one of the lads the next. Self serving little prick who'd benefit society more as fishing bait.

Aye but if I was a scouse bank robber I wouldn't pour scorn over my neighbour for being a criminal. I don't think he's that smug anyway, can think of far worse examples in the celebrity scene.

:lol: I like that it had to be a scouse bank robber.

course there are worse examples, but I cant stand them either. Just because David Blaine's alive doesn't make Keith Allen any more tolerable, in fact it probably makes it worse.

true on both counts MF, but you've forgotten her caustic personality, her need to comment on other famous people whenever a microphone (or a single release) comes close. She's base and deliberately ignorant. I can only hope she adds talking and then breathing to the list of things she's "giving up"

Rather that than someone whose comments go through a PR person or three for sign off before you hear/read them. Another thing I think people overlook is that often she won't just come out with these statements, but she's obviously going to be doing a tour of PR work before singles/albums and journalists will ask her what she thinks of so-and-so. If she said something like 'I don't really want to speak about them' she'd be as dull as the rest of them.

Lily Allen has not retired from music, according to her publicist.

The singer said yesterday she had "no plans to make another record", amid speculation that she plans to become an actor.

She attended a file-sharing summit in London on Thursday afternoon, as a host of music stars gathered to discuss illegal downloading.

However, an online posting, in which Allen reacted to the abuse she had received about her stance on the situation, has now been taken down.

Meanwhile, her publicist insisted the comments had been misinterpreted, explaining: "Lily is not retiring from music.

"She is still promoting her current album which is why she said she is not thinking about her next record right now", they said.

:lol:

I think her music is OK personally. It doesn't take itself too seriously, can be funny, has some nice melodies, and is narrative driven. It's a lot better than most the other shit in the charts imo.

Not sure where the hatred comes from, is it because she's a mockney faux-chav? It's clearly just an act like, nothing to get hung up about imo.