Lily Allen retires from music

Sonatine

Lily Allen  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Allen confirms retirement from music

(Thursday September 24, 2009 08:26 AM)

Lily Allen has confirmed she has no intention to ever record another album.

The pop star is currently leading a campaign to stamp-out illegal online file-sharing in the U.K., encouraging music lovers to buy albums in order to save the struggling record industry.

And she has taken to her blog to tell fans she doesn't stand to gain financially from the fight - because she is quitting her music career for good.

She writes, "Just so you know, I have not renegotiated my record contract and have no plans to make another record (applause).

"I do however remain a fan of new music, so this is not some selfish crusade. The days of me making money from recording music has been and gone as far as I'm concerned, so I don't (at this point) stand to profit from legislation, except future purchases of previously recorded material (which won't be much)."

Allen is set to test her acting skills after landing the lead role in writer/director Neil LaBute's upcoming London play Reasons To Be Pretty.

More comebacks than Frank Sinatra? I sure hope not :lol:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd let her off if she was at least fit.

A borderline boiler if ever there was one. If someone got her to dress right sh'ed be all right, but that faux-chav thing she and her dad do is fucking cringe-worthy. iirc She admitted recently she felt jealous of La Roux, Little Boots, Florence and the Machine, as if the media had forgotten about her. Spoilt little bitch who needs to feel the shitty end of wacky's cock iyam. If anyone could bring her down to earth and show her how real bamps live, it's the little man! :lol:

A borderline boiler if ever there was one. If someone got her to dress right sh'ed be all right, but that faux-chav thing she and her dad do is fucking cringe-worthy. iirc She admitted recently she felt jealous of La Roux, Little Boots, Florence and the Machine, as if the media had forgotten about her. Spoilt little bitch who needs to feel the shitty end of wacky's cock iyam. If anyone could bring her down to earth and show her how real bamps live, it's the little man! :lol:

The mockney shit's the worse thing about her for me. She's a little Gemima trying to be 'street'. Sort of the inverse of yourself.

:spit:

The mockney shit's the worse thing about her for me. She's a little Gemima trying to be 'street'. Sort of the inverse of yourself.

:spit: nobody's ever called me ghetto before. :spit:

:spit: nobody's ever called me ghetto before. :spit:

I did say 'sort of' :spit:

lily-allen-gq-05.jpg

C'mon, you would , wouldn't you?

:lol::spit: :spit:

Edited by Besty

lily-allen-gq-05.jpg

C'mon, you would , wouldn't you?

:lol::spit: :spit:

Some folk think the sun shines out their arseholes, whereas Lily..........

What's wrong with Keith Allen like? Played a nice cameo in Trainspotting, and had a hand in better stuff than Lily ever did.

On Me Head Son should've been released in my view.

What's wrong with Keith Allen like? Played a nice cameo in Trainspotting, and had a hand in better stuff than Lily ever did.

Liked him in Shallow Grave. Canny actor tbf.

He's a smug cock, desperate to be "taken seriously as an actor" one minute, wants to be one of the lads the next. Self serving little prick who'd benefit society more as fishing bait.