Snotty e-mail to a recruitment consultant

Happy Face

Lad I worked with just hoyed this on Facebook

xxxx (named removed to protect the guilty),

As you will be aware I have not been offered this position. On the plus side this does mean I have 10 minutes free to offer you some advice on how to do your job.

1. I appreciate that it must be a drag having to take time to phone an unsuccessful candidate (i.e. somebody who isn’t immediately about to earn you some commission), but it is necessary. Given that for most people the verdict as to whether they’ve been successful will be very important to them I’d argue that the necessity isn’t only a professional one, but one of basic courtesy and decency.

2. Further to the above, because you didn’t phone me to let me know the result of the interview and give me any feedback and then didn’t call me back when I phoned you to ask about it and then “weren’t at your desk” when I called back to see why you hadn’t called me I was forced to phone the client directly to confirm that I wasn’t being offered the position. This wasn’t a decision I took lightly, as it makes you look very unprofessional. Obviously you are very unprofessional, but that doesn’t necessarily mean your clients should be made aware of this.

3. Good recruitment consultants (you may work with some) recognise that just because a candidate hasn’t landed a particular job doesn’t mean that they won’t be suitable for another role in the near future and, with this in mind, attempt to maintain a positive relationship with them.

4. Good recruitment consultants also recognise that taking a few minutes to phone a candidate immediately after an interview to get initial impressions and comments is worthwhile. Some even go to the wild lengths of phoning before the interview, to make sure that their candidate is prepared, knows where they’re going, etc. To be fair as I even had to chase you for an interview date I hadn’t set my expectations of you that high.

5. Thank you for considering me for this post and for getting me an interview, but I hope you’ll understand if I ask you not to consider me for any future roles you have. In light of your performance I feel it highly likely that you yourself will have to deal with recruitment consultants sooner rather than later and I hope that your experience of them is more positive than mine.

Yours,

Andrew

:huh:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you will be aware I have not been offered this position. On the plus side this does mean I have 10 minutes free to offer you some advice on how to do your job.

1. I appreciate that it must be a drag having to take time to phone an unsuccessful candidate (i.e. somebody who isn’t immediately about to earn you some commission), but it is necessary. Given that for most people the verdict as to whether they’ve been successful will be very important to them I’d argue that the necessity isn’t only a professional one, but one of basic courtesy and decency.

2. Further to the above, because you didn’t phone me to let me know the result of the interview and give me any feedback and then didn’t call me back when I phoned you to ask about it and then “weren’t at your desk” when I called back to see why you hadn’t called me I was forced to phone the client directly to confirm that I wasn’t being offered the position. This wasn’t a decision I took lightly, as it makes you look very unprofessional. Obviously you are very unprofessional, but that doesn’t necessarily mean your clients should be made aware of this.

3. Good recruitment consultants (you may work with some) recognise that just because a candidate hasn’t landed a particular job doesn’t mean that they won’t be suitable for another role in the near future and, with this in mind, attempt to maintain a positive relationship with them.

4. Good recruitment consultants also recognise that taking a few minutes to phone a candidate immediately after an interview to get initial impressions and comments is worthwhile. Some even go to the wild lengths of phoning before the interview, to make sure that their candidate is prepared, knows where they’re going, etc. To be fair as I even had to chase you for an interview date I hadn’t set my expectations of you that high.

5. Thank you for considering me for this post and for getting me an interview, but I hope you’ll understand if I ask you not to consider me for any future roles you have. In light of your performance I feel it highly likely that you yourself will have to deal with recruitment consultants sooner rather than later and I hope that your experience of them is more positive than mine.

Yours,

Andrew

Great line ;)

An agent phoned a lad I know up today.

Agent - "Oh I hear 123 are ok and XYZ are stacked out and looking"

Mate - "Really, whats going on" (Mate used to work with me for XYZ and knows more than agent knows)

Agent "Oh they have ABC job on and are looking for people lilke you basically"

Mate - "Cool, Im looking"

Agent - "Great, send me your CV etc and will set you up"

Mate - "Wait on, my brother who works at XYZ said they finshed 4 blokes last week and got put on 4 day week, who is telling me fibs"

Agent - "errrrrr" *phone goes dead*

Yours,

Andrew

;)

Ouch! :huh:

This is what I sent to an agency who fucked me around last year...the first one was to the directors, the second one to the fucktard who was pissing me off when I'd been out of work for 2 months...just to say employment agencies, whilst being completely legal and indeed a multi billion pound "industry" are all without exception morally bankrupt paricsiticle cunts...why should any tosser in an office take a cut of my money for doing fuck all?

I sent the email below to Anthony on Friday afternoon after being fobbed off by others in the office about whether there was work for me next week.As I mention in the email this is the second friday in a month I've been left dangling on a phoneline by him. I just think tradesmen in general are worth a phonecall, good news or bad. The thing is he phoned me, offering work that he has now appeared to have given to someone else. Thats fine, I just don't like feeling that I'm at the beck and call of someone who couldnt do my job in a month of Sundays, but appears to at times control whether I get work or not, and then can't be arsed to tell me whether its on or not. And overall its a pretty poor reflection on yourselves.

Anthony.......common business courtesy is to return calls?......you did this to me 3 Fridays ago as well.....am I starting on Tuesday? a simple yes or no will suffice.Rather than you getting others to fob me off.Not very professional is it? seeing as if it wasn't for tradesman like me your job wouldnt exist. Don't know if your directors would care if I was to let them know (going on the evidence you are presenting re Onsite I very much doubt it) but I've just rang the office and its closed...surprise suprise! I'm not asking much, just for you to do your job to a resonable degree of efficency for the likes of us who you earn your salary through, rather than treating us as a bit of an irrelevance and indeed something you'd scrape off your shoe.

This is what I sent to an agency who fucked me around last year...the first one was to the directors, the second one to the fucktard who was pissing me off when I'd been out of work for 2 months...just to say employment agencies, whilst being completely legal and indeed a multi billion pound "industry" are all without exception morally bankrupt paricsiticle cunts...why should any tosser in an office take a cut of my money for doing fuck all?

I sent the email below to Anthony on Friday afternoon after being fobbed off by others in the office about whether there was work for me next week.As I mention in the email this is the second friday in a month I've been left dangling on a phoneline by him. I just think tradesmen in general are worth a phonecall, good news or bad. The thing is he phoned me, offering work that he has now appeared to have given to someone else. Thats fine, I just don't like feeling that I'm at the beck and call of someone who couldnt do my job in a month of Sundays, but appears to at times control whether I get work or not, and then can't be arsed to tell me whether its on or not. And overall its a pretty poor reflection on yourselves.

Anthony.......common business courtesy is to return calls?......you did this to me 3 Fridays ago as well.....am I starting on Tuesday? a simple yes or no will suffice.Rather than you getting others to fob me off.Not very professional is it? seeing as if it wasn't for tradesman like me your job wouldnt exist. Don't know if your directors would care if I was to let them know (going on the evidence you are presenting re Onsite I very much doubt it) but I've just rang the office and its closed...surprise suprise! I'm not asking much, just for you to do your job to a resonable degree of efficency for the likes of us who you earn your salary through, rather than treating us as a bit of an irrelevance and indeed something you'd scrape off your shoe.

Dickwad I can see why you were treated like a twat......cos you seem to be one.

No agency takes a cut of your salary.

Recruitment is a multi billion pound industry which is heavily regulated. It gets people into work who may not on thier own steam, a good IT consultant may not be a good sales person.

All business's are there to make a profit. I suppose you feel the same about solicitors, mechanics, plumbers, etc all the little things you cannot do but begrudge paying for. Employment Agencies offer a free service.

Recruitment is a multi billion pound industry which is heavily regulated. It gets people into work who may not on thier own steam, a good IT consultant may not be a good sales person.

All business's are there to make a profit. I suppose you feel the same about solicitors, mechanics, plumbers, etc all the little things you cannot do but begrudge paying for. Employment Agencies offer a free service.

:lol:

Nerve touched?

Recruitment agencies are scum holes.

Nerve touched?

So what profession are you in? :spit:

Nerve? we are soul less :spit:

Nerve touched?

What does that make a recruitment consultancy from South Tyneside? A dirty trick I use, one of many ways of getting vacancies I may add, is ringing a recruitment agency who have advertised a role, saying that I fit the profile, they then say send me your cv and I'll tell you who it is, I then say I aint wasting my time sending a cv without knowing the company, they relent then I get the vacancy. One company on "your mannahhh" got wind of who I was some mackem director rang me company mobile, and to cut a long story short give me a bollocking, there's fuck all he can do, his fault his staff are incompetent, and told the mackem prick to do one.

The agency who posted me in my last job were paid 60% of my first year's salary.

I got negotiation assistance, follow up calls once i started and a christmas card off him :lol:

SIXTY!!!! I would cum in my pants for 30% at the minute.

The agency who posted me in my last job were paid 60% of my first year's salary.

I got negotiation assistance, follow up calls once i started and a christmas card off him :lol:

aye we are running at 25% perm and 10 - 17% temp.

aye we are running at 25% perm and 10 - 17% temp.

Can I come and work for you???????????? How many scores you had this year? My arse is up for rent this year tbh, I've even done 3k flat fees.

Nerve touched?

At the moment, application design.

Notice i never said recruitment agents are necessarily scum. :spit:

Among the comments on the letter is this quote "those 2 are the stand-out fuckwits of the industry"

Can you guess which companies are being referred to? :spit:

Other select quotes are...

"Good recruitment consultant is such a fucking oxymoron. They are a bunch of parasitic scumbags who come below estate agents and double glazing salesmen in their vileness."

"every single one of them is packed to the gills with idiots well-deserving of such an e-mail."

Nerve touched?

At the moment, application design.

Notice i never said recruitment agents are necessarily scum. :spit:

Among the comments on the letter is this quote "those 2 are the stand-out fuckwits of the industry"

Can you guess which companies are being referred to? :spit:

Other select quotes are...

"Good recruitment consultant is such a fucking oxymoron. They are a bunch of parasitic scumbags who come below estate agents and double glazing salesmen in their vileness."

"every single one of them is packed to the gills with idiots well-deserving of such an e-mail."

:spit:

:spit:

Nerve touched?

Is that the sound of a nail being hit firmly on the head? :spit:

to answer Mr Shinton's points...

I'm not paid a salary as such, if I work through an agency I get an hourly rate, of which the agency takes a cut. No agency=more money money for myself.

I'm 40 in a months time, am a fully qualified electrician and have been in this trade every day of my life since the day I left school. I am more than capable of cutting a deal with any given contractor who may be interested in offering me work. It is the contractors who have gone down this road of putting someone between themselves and tradesmen for a service they could easily do in house. I fully accept that it is easier for them to to contract out recruitment of staff but with the increased "casualisation" of such labour the contractors reap what they sow, with many left in the lurch at the end of jobs with people moving on to the next contract well before they may be laid off from where they are currently working.

Solicitors, mechanics and plumbers offer services which the average man in the street generally isn't qualified to do or can only do to a certain extent before professional help is required. Anyone with a titter of wit can cut a deal with a prospective employer, we don't need someone posistioning themselves between us and them and taking a cut for no more than answering the phone all day, talking total bollocks and seemingly posting on here.

I have never understood Estate agents myself. Its just a extra link in the chain we dont need.

A website/mag with all houses for sale with relevant contact details:

Buyer: This is a nice place you have here. How much will you accept?

Seller: £x.

Buyer: I'll give you £y

Seller: Deal.

Solicitors deployed.

Bosh.

I have never understood Estate agents myself. Its just a extra link in the chain we dont need.

Solicitors deployed.

Bosh.

Never understood solicitors myself.

Seller: You'll need to promise you'll buy it.

Buyer: I promise

Seller: And you have the money?

Buyer: Yeah sorted

Seller: Sign here then.

House sold

Bish Bosh Bash

Solicitors deployed.

Bosh.

House sold

Bish Bosh Bash

I think they do slightly more than that..

Solicitors deployed.

Bosh.

House sold

Bish Bosh Bash

I think they do slightly more than that..

Legally rob us?

Hold monies to reap interest, delaying handovers of keys etc?

General Twattery.