Newcastle United v Plymouth Argyle

Deano

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope Hughton has learnt something about his best starting 11 from those subs.

Guthrie should start in my opinion. Bartons been shat so far.

Barton has an extra gear or so. We need both to start imo.

Let's hope Hughton has learnt something about his best starting 11 from those subs.

I agree but Barton needs to be in the middle to be judged fairly!

Going off today and the start of the season the starting line up should be...

---Harper---

---Simpson*---Taylor---Colo---Enrique---

----Guthrie---Smith---Barton---Jonas----

----Carroll----Ranger----

* Ryan Taylor is Simpson is crocked.

Good 3 pts...keeps us on WBA's toes but as for the performance it was pretty poor.

Edited by Geordie Lad...

---Harper---

Good 3 pts...keeps us on WBA's toes but as for the performance it was pretty poor.

would prefer shola in there (never thought i'd be saying that) and I was about to say put jonas on the left but you got the edit in

---Harper---

would prefer shola in there (never thought i'd be saying that) and I was about to say put jonas on the left but you got the edit in

Lol realised my mistake...

Yeah actually i would prefer Shola up top but who with?

Im thinking besides Carrolls goal today he is probably behinf Ranger now in my eyes.

Ranger brings more pace and if truth be told probably is better at holding the ball off and has a good 1st touch so yeah Ranger and Shola for me.

---Harper---

Lol realised my mistake...

Yeah actually i would prefer Shola up top but who with?

Im thinking besides Carrolls goal today he is probably behinf Ranger now in my eyes.

Ranger brings more pace and if truth be told probably is better at holding the ball off and has a good 1st touch so yeah Ranger and Shola for me.

same, I think we'd see more of the pacey side of ranger in a proper partnership too, could offer something different

Fair play to Hughton today as he got the starting line up wrong, but when they equalised he acted quickly, changed it and got the win instead of the usual NUFC manager's trick of doing fuck all till the last few mins when its too late.

But we should have started at home with 2 out and out strikers and Guthrie should be in the team before Geremi and Barton, he's a better footballer and has a couple of lovely goals and looks like he'll create goals as well.

Overall today, not a great performance, but job done which is what we needed after a defeat. I think Colocini might have even been man of the match, looked composed and solid to me, i'd need to see their goal again to see if he was to blame in any way but i think he had an impressive game.

Fair play to Hughton today as he got the starting line up wrong, but when they equalised he acted quickly, changed it and got the win instead of the usual NUFC manager's trick of doing fuck all till the last few mins when its too late.

But we should have started at home with 2 out and out strikers and Guthrie should be in the team before Geremi and Barton, he's a better footballer and has a couple of lovely goals and looks like he'll create goals as well.

Overall today, not a great performance, but job done which is what we needed after a defeat. I think Colocini might have even been man of the match, looked composed and solid to me, i'd need to see their goal again to see if he was to blame in any way but i think he had an impressive game.

He was for me.

A really poor team performance.

D- for the Ultras. "you're support is fucking shit" and "shall we sing a song for you?" to Plymouth Argyll supporters ???

He was for me.

A really poor team performance.

D- for the Ultras. "you're support is fucking shit" and "shall we sing a song for you?" to Plymouth Argyll supporters ???

I sit on level 7 when I go to the match but I cringe when they sing this shit, singing their support is shit, fair enough they didn't sing but they took a 400 mile trip here and back to watch there team and looked like they sold out their allocation, means there not shit fans for me.

From Ron Hope, a tired Plymouth fan travelling back from Newcastle, via text on 81111: "A 600-mile round-trip to Newcastle. Disappointing result but what a great ground and great fans Newcastle are."

Barton was bad today like.

I was very impressed with Ranger and Guthrie when they came on as they made the difference straight away.

Great game from Carroll too! Shame he didn't score that scissor kick!

Barton was bad today like.

I was very impressed with Ranger and Guthrie when they came on as they made the difference straight away.

Great game from Carroll too! Shame he didn't score that scissor kick!

Collocinni did well but Enrique was very poor - Simpson started well till he got clogged and I thought Ryan Taylor got stuck in and made some good tackles. Agree with Barton verdict, he was terrible and didn't look like he cared much either

Question is, will hughton have the cahonas to drop Barton. They were hinting on the radio that this may be a problem for hughton.

Cojones?

I don't rate Barton, never have, have never understood when people say he is the best midfielder we have, quality nobody else brings to the team, etc etc. He's never looked owt special, never, and I wish we'd sold him any of the numerous times we had the opportunity to.

I thought the crowd was fairly class today by the way.

Also I was quite impressed with how many Plymouth brought, all over town people were taking the piss out of them because of that Paul Whitehouse advert though. :o

By the way I overheard some lass say ''The Portsmouth fans are quiet''. :razz: