skiing

Holden McGroin

Forget skiing mate. Takes ages master. Snowboarding is piss easy by comparison, if you've ever surfed or skate boarded it'll be even easier.

It's also far easier to get to the stage where you can go off piste, which is the Ferrari to on piste's Lada.

Forget skiing mate. Takes ages master. Snowboarding is piss easy by comparison, if you've ever surfed or skate boarded it'll be even easier.

It's also far easier to get to the stage where you can go off piste, which is the Ferrari to on piste's Lada.

Aye, i might have to go down that route i think. Never skateboarded much though as a young 'un.

Aye, i might have to go down that route i think. Never skateboarded much though as a young 'un.

If you're starting from scratch, snowboarding is your choice. Assuming you're away for a week, you'll need a day, maybe day and a half , to pick up the basics.

Skiing will take you the whole week ,getting pissed off at some smarmy French instructor who's more interested in tapping your bird than teaching you to ski.

Where are you going?

Im not really planning it but we've somehow managed to select Austria as the country to visit.

I'm going to have a look at a few alternatives though so any recommendations would be helpful.

Edit: I was also going to nip up to Milton Keynes dry slope to get a lesson beforehand.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Im not really planning it but we've somehow managed to select Austria as the country to visit.

I'm going to have a look at a few alternatives though so any recommendations would be helpful.

Edit: I was also going to nip up to Milton Keynes dry slope to get a lesson beforehand.

Zell am Zee is a top spot in Austria.

Get as many lessons before you go as possible- more time free on the slopes.

i respectfully disagree.....the new skis (shaped or parabolic) have made skiing more accessible, as well it is far easier to learn how to fall skiing ( everything will come off) than it is to learn how to fall snowboarding (the board is completely attached to your feet, good way to dislocate a shoulder). people usually feel safer learning how to snowboard b/c you can slide slip (board across the hill) with your head pointing where you are going, as opposed to skiing where skis across the hill you are looking into the woods.

The new skis make skiing more akin to roller blading , same weighting principles to turn.....anyway have fun on the mountain and remember to bring lots of advil no matter what you decide to do.

PS Pray for snow!!!!!!