Any of the doubters starting to believe yet then ???

accadacca

Next year's summer holiday for me and the missus now paid for - thanks Colo. :D

Plenty more money to be made until end of season anarl.

Have told you this CCC is full of mediocre teams - even the supposed ''good ones'' are little better than mdeiocre. And people on here were worried about Cardiff - someone even said that Ledley and McCormack were Prem' quality :razz:

Defence is as solid as owt, the midfield is full of grafters who are comfortable on the ball - they might not have a defence splitting ball in their locker, but they are not scared in possession like most CCC midfielders, whilst upfront there is at present not much of a threat, but Carroll will be back soon, Lovenkrands will soon be match fit and Gutierrez will be back in 2-3 weeks.

I may have gone a bit OTT saying we will piss the league, but we will win it by quite a few points - similar to Wolves over Brum + a few.

Start believing you unbelievers. :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am believing!

:)

I am getting the odds tomorrow for us beating the record 106 points total by Reading set 3 seasons ago.

Getting to 107 would involve dropping 31 points of which 2 have already gone.

Where will the other 29 come from ? Serious question {cue all the doom mongers slavvering on about when we get loads of injuries}.

Very few points will be dropped at SJP - only Boro, WBA and Sheff Utd are strong enough to avoid defeat up here.

4 or 5 possible tricky away games - Boro, Sheff Utd, Derby, Forest and Preston, but I just cannot see where 29 points are going to be lost between now and season's end.

delusional ? NO

overly optimistic ? NO

realistic - YES.

the spirit of the team has surprised and pleased me. Cardiff had a good go at us and only the determination kept them out, Colocinni was great the way he won the ball back then moved back in for the header. Winning this league is still miles away from being a half decent premiership one though, we won't do that while Ashley is the owner.

Joe Ledley is a good player though, a premiership player.

as found elsewhere:

92 teams in the league

We have the best defensive record.

1) Newcastle - 6 games - 1 conceded - 0.166 goals per game

2) Leeds Utd - 7 games - 3 conceded - 0.429 goals per game

3) Man City - 4 games - 2 conceded - 0.5 goals per game

=) M'Boro - 6 games - 3 conceded - 0.5 goals per game

5) B'mouth - 7 games - 4 conceded - 0.571 goals per game

well the so called (accaaacccccaspacccca) is proving he is right so far, but this board will no doubt attempt to rip him a new arsehole when we lose, but I reckon we will beat most teams in this league and go up too now, even though I was a doubter too.

as found elsewhere:

92 teams in the league

We have the best defensive record.

1) Newcastle - 6 games - 1 conceded - 0.166 goals per game

2) Leeds Utd - 7 games - 3 conceded - 0.429 goals per game

3) Man City - 4 games - 2 conceded - 0.5 goals per game

=) M'Boro - 6 games - 3 conceded - 0.5 goals per game

5) B'mouth - 7 games - 4 conceded - 0.571 goals per game

It still feels weird watching toon games where we not only don't concee, but i'm not really expecting to either! In that 2nd half Cardiff had spells on top and we were conceding a fair few freekicks etc. yet i wasn't on edge the way i usually am holding onto a 1 goal lead as i just didnt think we'd let one in, though we did come close!

It's frustrating in a way - if we could have sorted out the sale or 2 or 3 of the good players hadn't left we could really have been confident about promotion. The size/quality of the squad still terrifies me but the kid is right on one thing - the other teams so far have proved toothless.

That could change of course but if we last to January and can then get some players in I'm beginning to think we have a good chance.

Only conceded one goal and that was away to West Brom.

Told you we weren't as bad defensively as people made out.

Only by Championship standard.

At WMBA and Reading, we let the opposition in for a clear one on one in the opening 10 games, but the attacking calibre in this division is such that you can get away with it.

It's frustrating in a way - if we could have sorted out the sale or 2 or 3 of the good players hadn't left we could really have been confident about promotion. The size/quality of the squad still terrifies me but the kid is right on one thing - the other teams so far have proved toothless.

That could change of course but if we last to January and can then get some players in I'm beginning to think we have a good chance.

I've always kind of agreed with Acca, not that we'll piss the league and i certainly wait to see what happens when the injury crisis hits home, but he's not too far off. And the reason i come down more on his side is once i saw that our team are united as a unit, working their arses off and willing to fight and get stuck in i knew we had enough quality once we earned the right to play.

And this division is not as good as people claim if you have some quality, its not even fast like people thought, some of these team we're playign are pretty slow if you ask me. If you read various threads on the mackem board (and even now they still always have plenty about us!) they continually mention how shite this division is and that they should know as they've pissed it with soem pretty average squads themselves.

I mean when you look at it can you see many teams getting anything at St James this season, and so far we've managed 2 wins and a draw away from home. Its still early days, but its there for the taking...if we keep up this attitude and committment.

The coming three weeks will be a key part of the season, I think.

If our season is going to be tested by anything, it's two games in a week for a few weeks.

The fixture list has been kind though:

Blackpool - promoted, beatable

Plymouth - relegation zone, beatable

Ipswich - struggling, beatable

QPR - bottom home, beatable

Peterborough - struggling, beatable.

We should, on paper, win all those, but it's whether our squad will cope with the demand.

The coming three weeks will be a key part of the season, I think.

If our season is going to be tested by anything, it's two games in a week for a few weeks.

The fixture list has been kind though:

Blackpool - promoted, beatable

Plymouth - relegation zone, beatable

Ipswich - struggling, beatable

QPR - bottom home, beatable

Peterborough - struggling, beatable.

We should, on paper, win all those, but it's whether our squad will cope with the demand.

That's the thing for me, were more scared of imploding than anything this division has to offer.